Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. No subject May 11, 2017, 06:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on May 10, 2017, 21:50:

The thing is, I've been playing Fallout 4 again, and the writing in Andromeda is so bad that it makes the writing in Fallout 4 look fucking great in comparison.

Damn if that isn't true. Then again this is what happens when you hire people based on buddy-buddy-diversity hires instead of the best for the job. On the upside, this is nothing but good for the industry, and shows both investors and companies that gamers don't want piles of shit.

ME:A wasn't a terrible game, but it was nowhere near the level of previous ME games. At best it squeaks out a "good" if you can get past the shitty dialog parts. If you can't, it falls right into the mediocre.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 21:50 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2017, 14:25:
After a game a like Witcher 3 you see just how far Bioware has fallen with scheisse like Inquis, MEA, etc.

Well, to be fair, everything would fall short against The Witcher 3. It's just that amazing.

The thing is, I've been playing Fallout 4 again, and the writing in Andromeda is so bad that it makes the writing in Fallout 4 look fucking great in comparison.

8. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 20:18 panbient

eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2017, 18:35:
I always thought a company wasn't allowed to lie to investors.. how is that investor to feel now that Kotaku released the info that EA is withholding? That's some super strange way to communicate...

TL;DR, Bioware Montreal is downsized support team now, and ME:A on cooldown indefinitely. It's just like EA to waste Bioware talent on yet another shitty MMO though. But I guess not a lot of good scifi and character writers are still at Bioware anyway.

Btw, if you wanna have a good laugh, google ME:A alpha vs release comparision. Game looked better (I mean a shit-ton better) than whatever cut-down downsized thing they released here. They literally removed nearly a dozen advanced graphic features, entire animations, entire already recorded and extremely well done facial performances, including nvidia gameworks ENTIRELY too. How the holy fuck does that happen, did they change engines mid development???? Sounds to me like ME.A was actually cut down and reduced very late late in development to get anything at all working and released...

In my very limited experience cuts like that happen to support lower end hardware. All of a sudden about midway through development you get a real list of the lowest end system the publisher wants the product to operate on, then it's on the developers to figure out how to make that happen without extending the timeline. The only effective way to do that is to start cutting higher end features (since adding additional graphic options requires substantially more testing and time).

7. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 18:35 eRe4s3r

I always thought a company wasn't allowed to lie to investors.. how is that investor to feel now that Kotaku released the info that EA is withholding? That's some super strange way to communicate...

TL;DR, Bioware Montreal is downsized support team now, and ME:A on cooldown indefinitely. It's just like EA to waste Bioware talent on yet another shitty MMO though. But I guess not a lot of good scifi and character writers are still at Bioware anyway.

Btw, if you wanna have a good laugh, google ME:A alpha vs release comparision. Game looked better (I mean a shit-ton better) than whatever cut-down downsized thing they released here. They literally removed nearly a dozen advanced graphic features, entire animations, entire already recorded and extremely well done facial performances, including nvidia gameworks ENTIRELY too. How the holy fuck does that happen, did they change engines mid development???? Sounds to me like ME.A was actually cut down and reduced very late late in development to get anything at all working and released...

6. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 18:09 Agent-Zero

oops! LOL...

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

In the wake of BioWare’s polarizing Mass Effect: Andromeda, fans have wondered where the lauded sci-fi series will go next. The answer, according to people familiar with the studio, is nowhere—at least for the time being. BioWare has put Mass Effect on hiatus and turned Andromeda’s developer, BioWare Montreal, into a support studio, according to four sources close to the company.

5. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 17:50 Jivaro

Bioware Montreal is downsizing and further games in the ME franchise are on hold...according to just about everybody as of 2 hours or so ago. I read it at ShackNews who gives credit to Kotaku...

So I guess that answers that analyst's questions.

4. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 14:25 Cutter

After a game a like Witcher 3 you see just how far Bioware has fallen with scheisse like Inquis, MEA, etc.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 10, 2017, 12:55 Fion

It's sad that Bioware hasn't put out a truly great game since they were bought by EA. The last two ME games were very good, in their own way, but they weren't great. Dragon Age: Inquisition was very good in some respects, but not great. Even ME:A which I ardently refused to dislike, eventually I had to come to the conclusion that it just has to many major issues and I quit playing it. I haven't done that in a Bioware game since Dragon Age 2.

Just goes to show how EA can buy a company that consistently churns out some of the best games in video gaming history and turn it to shit.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 10, 2017, 11:20 Task

Another company to bite the dust under see EA?  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: etc. May 10, 2017, 10:25 Creston

“new multiplayer content is continuing to be released and new content arriving overall more regularly

Ehm, what? Where is this new multiplayer content of yours that's supposedly being released? Because we still have the same maps, the same rotating four weekend missions (For which everyone has already received the rewards so they've now become completely freaking pointless), and the same characters.

Where are the new maps? The new weapons? The new classes? New enemies? Higher difficulties? (The way people are cutting through Gold right now is incredible. In ME3, only like 13% of gold matches were successful. I have yet to fail in a gold mission in Andromeda. Admittedly not because I'm that great at it, but there are players out there to whom Gold just seems like it's bronze.)

It took ME3 a while to get to that level, of course, but it's been a HUGE step back to go from ~ 20 maps and God knows how many classes to the limited pool of stuff we have now. Of course, re-releasing the same thing but without all the extras that it used to have before is the #1 M.O. of EA, so I don't even know why it would be so surprising.

In any case, stop lying to your investors (isn't that illegal??) and actually release something.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo