Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

U.K. Sales Charts

Prey lands at number one on GFK Chart-Track's list of the 30 top-selling PC games in the U.K. for last week. Last week's number one, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, drops to number four. Mario Kart Deluxe retains the pole position on their all-platforms top 40 chart, as Prey debuts there at number two. Here's their summary is cleverly titled "Mario Kart avoids being eaten by Prey":

Nintendo’s Switch ‘Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’ takes a second week at No1, but only just, as Bethesda’s ‘Prey’ debuts right behind at No2.

‘Prey’, developed by Arkane Studios, of ‘Dishonored’ fame, is the spiritual successor to 2006’s ‘Prey’ which was released on Xbox360/PC by Take 2, also debuting at No2 on the All Formats Top 40 (Units). Rockstar/Take 2 remain at No3 with ‘GTA V’ and Activision climb 4 places to No4 with ‘Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’. Warner climb 1 place to No5 with ‘LEGO Worlds’ and 505 rocket 5 places to No 6 with ‘Rocket League’. CI Games’ ‘Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3’ debuted at No2 last week but drops to No13 this week. Bandai Namco debuted last week at No4 and now sit at No12 with ‘Little Nightmares’. Also debuting in the Top 40 this week is Telltale Games’ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Telltale Series’ at No31, released at the same time as the new Guardians movie hits the silver screen.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 9, 2017, 10:13 Kajetan

robdot wrote on May 8, 2017, 10:51:
I don't understand how people are still buying gta 5 in such large numbers.
Keys for the online mode?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 8, 2017, 15:18 swaaye

Is GTA 5 like the best selling game in history then? Definitely some sort of strange cultural me too thing going on there.  

2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 8, 2017, 12:32 Nut

I'm impressed too, but I sort of ignorantly chalk it up to saying that very few games truly become a mainstream "everyone must have this" obsession.

GTA V earned it. The technology and craft behind the game is stunning.

But yeah, there is an enormous divide behind a successful game, and a game that absolutely everyone gets. GTA V seems to be the latter.

1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts May 8, 2017, 10:51 robdot

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo