Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed

A press release on the Starbreeze website announces a delay to OVERKILL's The Walking Dead, saying the first-person shooter based on the zombie IP is now expected in the second half of next year (thanks VG247). Their site offers both Swedish and English, but for some reason this announcement is only on the Swedish side, so we're relying on a rough machine translation for this English version:

Starbreeze AB today announced that together with its partner Skybound Entertainment, the launch window for the ongoing development project OVERKILL's The Walking Dead has been postponed to the second half of 2018

"We, together with the development of OVERKILL's The Walking Dead decided to extend the production schedule so that the title will reach their full potential and pursue our original vision a step further. Together with Skybound Entertainment we are fully dedicated to releasing an unforgettable experience for fans throughout world and then continue to support it with high quality content in the coming years, "said Starbreeze CEO Bo Andersson Klint.

During Starbreeze Star Stream, an exclusive event broadcast live on Twitch.tv of 10 May, given for the first time, an insight into the development of OVERKILL's The Walking Dead. For more information about the event is available here: http://www.starbreeze.com/starstream

Starbreeze OVERKILL's The Walking Dead is a game in development based on the popular
The Walking Dead series created by Robert Kirkman, which also owns the rights. In 2010, the very popular TV series based on the original series premiere. OVERKILL - a Starbreeze Studio creates a new co-op game based on The Walking Dead universe exploring new exclusive characters and storylines. The game will provide great opportunities for replayability through a unique and dynamic level system.

Starbreeze has previously announced that the game would be completed in late 2017. The exact launch date will be announced at a later date.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed May 7, 2017, 09:31 El Pit

But will it take place on a farm? All levels on the very same farm? With about 2 undead showing up every hour or so? And will it have characters behaving stupid? People betraying other people for no other reason but a badly written screenplay? If they really want a The Walking Dead game, then they have to add this to the game.

I liked the first (short) season of The Walking Dead but this series jumped the shark already with season 2.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed May 7, 2017, 02:37 NamecaF

jacobvandy wrote on May 6, 2017, 22:33:
Overkill is the name of the studio making it (the guys known for Payday). If that's a part of the official title, it's either a licensing requirement of differentiation or a play on "AMC's The Walking Dead," I reckon.

I'd say more likely to differentiate from "Telltale's The Walking Dead"

"I hope those bastards get inoperable brain cancer that they have passed on to their children."
-RedEye9

3. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed May 6, 2017, 22:33 jacobvandy

Overkill is the name of the studio making it (the guys known for Payday). If that's a part of the official title, it's either a licensing requirement of differentiation or a play on "AMC's The Walking Dead," I reckon.  

2. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Delayed May 6, 2017, 22:30 Mordecai Walfish

Kxmode wrote on May 6, 2017, 20:30:
Could they have picked a more ripoff title? Overwatch: The Walking Dead

Overkill is the name of the studio. Guessing they include that bit because of other Walking Dead games that have been made by different studios on various platforms.

1. No subject May 6, 2017, 20:30 Kxmode

Could they have picked a more ripoff title? Overwatch: The Walking Dead  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo