Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Game Reviews

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2017, 15:50 Acleacius

Gtk, thanks Cutter and Agent-Zero. I had always intended to play it but Viking seemed more intriguing at least to my taste.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2017, 11:29 Agent-Zero

Acleacius wrote on May 7, 2017, 04:43:
Frijoles wrote on May 6, 2017, 22:18:
Acleacius wrote on May 6, 2017, 21:10:
I'm having a blast with Viking! Lighter

That's not an MMO is it? Bit confused since the review is on MMORPG.com.
As Cutter said no, it's second in a series of historical based Single player RPG Strategy games. It's so good they wanted to review it.

I never got to play the first one Conquistador, which everyone says is pretty good. However, everyone who's played both seem to agree Viking is an improvement in every way. They are not a series in the sense there's an order to how you play them. I jumped strait into Viking and think it's great. Very challenging, you can approach England as a conqueror or business trader/alliance maker. Your basically a group of 6 (5 crew with dispositions) who are on a quest for their clan in Denmark to travel abroad for power or alliances. There's choice and consequences at ever corner.
Expeditions: Viking

they are actually pretty different in structure... im not sure id say Vikings is "better in every way" because its a bit apples and oranges in some respects, also Vikings is clearly much less brutal in difficulty and the storyline is less intriguing and unique

they are both great games tho

8. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2017, 10:44 Cutter

Play Conquistador than. Everyone who's played it has nothing but praise for it. It's one of those hidden gems that deserved to sell a bazillion copies because it's so good.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

7. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2017, 04:43 Acleacius

As Cutter said no, it's second in a series of historical based Single player RPG Strategy games. It's so good they wanted to review it.

I never got to play the first one Conquistador, which everyone says is pretty good. However, everyone who's played both seem to agree Viking is an improvement in every way. They are not a series in the sense there's an order to how you play them. I jumped strait into Viking and think it's great. Very challenging, you can approach England as a conqueror or business trader/alliance maker. Your basically a group of 6 (5 crew with dispositions) who are on a quest for their clan in Denmark to travel abroad for power or alliances. There's choice and consequences at ever corner.
Expeditions: Viking

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Game Reviews May 7, 2017, 00:11 MeanJim

Caladell wrote on May 6, 2017, 23:28:
I need to reinstall Conquistador. Got distracted with other stuff, and never got very far into it. Really enjoyed what I played though.

Same here. I was just going to try it out one night. Like I do with many RPGs, I start it up to check out character creation and maybe play a little bit of it. With Conquistador, I got sucked in for over 6 hours. I finally had to stop to go to bed, but I've been wanting to come back to it and play more serious. With the release of Expeditions: Viking, Conquistador moved up my back log list.

MeanJim on Steam

5. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 23:28 Caladell

I need to reinstall Conquistador. Got distracted with other stuff, and never got very far into it. Really enjoyed what I played though.  

4. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 23:12 Cutter

No it is not. And that's good to hear. Good to see they nailed it again after Conquistadors. I'm very much looking forward to it myself.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 22:18 Frijoles

2. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 21:10 Acleacius

1. Re: Game Reviews May 6, 2017, 17:23 Task

GGgmanlives review for Prey 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwzKboA81o8  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo