Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Prey Released

Steam News announces the release of Prey, Arkane Studios' new take on this science-fiction shooter series. Here's the recent official launch trailer, and here's word on the release:

In Prey, you awaken aboard Talos I, a space station orbiting the moon in the year 2032. You are the key subject of an experiment meant to alter humanity forever – but things have gone terribly wrong. The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens and you are now being hunted. As you dig into the dark secrets of Talos I and your own past, you must survive using the tools found on the station, your wits, weapons, and mind-bending abilities.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 14:07 Total-Khaos

VaranDragon wrote on May 5, 2017, 11:40:
I wish I had the money, and the time to check out these releases. I skipped Dishonored 2. It just seemed more of the same. This looks much more interesting TBH, however Real Life gets in the way.

I don't know how you people manage to do it. The older I get, the less time I have to devote to gaming. I still do game, but I find that I'm concentrating my gaming time on just one "game" at a time.

Well, this seems to be the natural order of things these days:

1) Play games all day in your parent's basement until your mid-thirties.
2) Finally move out.
3) Realize life is hard and you have no time for gaming.
4) Move back into your parent's basement.
5) Order restored.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 12:31 Creston

Dacote wrote on May 6, 2017, 10:43:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 22:38:
Quinn wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:54:
Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:28:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

Alright, at least that works. In Dishonored 2 the videos are nowhere to be found (to be deleted.) :\
has fix for removing intro videos
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2

Sweet, thanks! I'd seen the first fix (replace the videos with some empty ones downloaded from TrustUsWe'reNotShady.com) and didn't want to risk it, but apparently someone did finally find the command line argument to skip them.

Overall commentary on this game seems to be wildly positive, so I'll pick it up this summer.

32. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 10:43 Dacote

Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 22:38:
Does it have 50 seconds of unskippable intro videos again? Does it feel the need to rebuild the shader cache on 7 out of 10 random start-ups?

Yeah remove those intro vids. Problem solved. No startup issues. Game runs flawlessly. You're in (edit: as in, PLAYING) within 15 secs on an SSD.

Alright, at least that works. In Dishonored 2 the videos are nowhere to be found (to be deleted.) :\
has fix for removing intro videos
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dishonored_2

31. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 08:10 eRe4s3r

Man am I glad to have ignored the naysayers, this game an absolute blast, nearly full open hub design, you can go anywhere, space EVA's included (you gotta unlock airlocks from the inside first though, this allows you to skip HUGE paths, finally some logic!, and the atmosphere is scary as hell

For me another Game of the year candidate, and it runs on my potato nearly flawless (on medium)

<-> 7 hours in btw, unlocked hacking 4 and got neuromod blueprint haha, I think a bit earlier than I was supposed to, the enemy there was hardcore, but tenacity and all my grenades fixed that.

If wonder if the game has alternate endings? Because it seems there is a clear distinction between "human" abilities and alien abilities in the stats/neuromod page... my first tun is gonna be 100% human abilities, we'll see.

30. Re: Prey Released May 6, 2017, 01:52 CJ_Parker

Task wrote on May 5, 2017, 21:47:
Also, they should release Prey 1 digitally. That would be nice.

If you still have your retail version then you can just enter the key and add it to Steam.

29. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 22:38 Creston

28. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 21:47 Task

Eh, I only complained about the name being confusing and how it would have been cool to see a game that continues the adventures of Tommy in particular. I can't be the only one that finds it annoying, when any media uses the exact name of something as its own. AvP 2010 for example, should have just been called AvP3 or AvP: <Insert Name>, etc. It's confusing as fuck to have to go back and search when the original 'thing' was released (i.e., now 'Prey' for the historical record is "Prey 2006" and "Prey 2017"). DooM and DooM. RoboCop and RoboCop, etc.

In any case, this game Talos-I looks like it's fine and my kind of game. Also, they should release Prey 1 digitally. That would be nice.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

27. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 21:39 Pr()ZaC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:24:
The trick is to never get married and have kids.. because once those happen you're Doomed to never be able to play all the games you want...
You'll have the chance to play games with the kids when they're old enough...to watch you playing :p

26. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 20:13 Squirmer

So after all the bitching and moaning about this game, 90+% of the Steam reviews are positive. I guess it pays to wait and see.  

25. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 19:56 Beamer

I'm still shocked people think "Prey" has any real positive brand recognition.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

24. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 19:56 Task

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:39:
KS wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:35:
Shut off the artificial gravity and blow them into space.

Where is Ripley when you really need her?

She's dead Jim. A gigantic furnace got her man.

23. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 19:53 Task

Still thinking calling it 'Prey' is silly - it's simply being used for name brand recognition.

Game looks like a 'possible' classic in its own way though. I'd probably buy it on steam just to rename it Talos I, Talos Shock, or Typhon Shock to confuse my friends ;).

Now, in the mean time, why doesn't ZeniMax allow the re-release of the original Prey? It's a historical game and belongs to the people man - partner up with Steam and Gog and release it digitally.

22. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 17:39 El Pit

KS wrote on May 5, 2017, 17:35:

Where is Ripley when you really need her?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

21. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 17:35 KS

20. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:54 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

19. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:28 Creston

18. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:28 RedEye9

El Pit wrote on May 5, 2017, 13:35:
I am 48, still trying to finish Pong.
try idkfa, you'll be beating pong in no time.

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

17. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:22 MT Silver

Wesp5 wrote on May 5, 2017, 16:15:
So has this anything of the stuff that made the original Prey special? Like the first use of portals, even in real environments and not boring puzzle rooms, or walking up-side-down through a map?
No not really. This is a very different game. I'm not even sure it's set in the same universe. That doesn't mean it's not worth checking out. You should check youtube, see if you like what you see.

16. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 16:15 Wesp5

So has this anything of the stuff that made the original Prey special? Like the first use of portals, even in real environments and not boring puzzle rooms, or walking up-side-down through a map?  

15. Re: Prey Released May 5, 2017, 15:50 DangerDog

Really looking forward to playing this.

when it's 75% off on steam sale

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo