Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2017, 19:40 MeanJim

This is why roads are the worst place for an emergency landing. When I got my pilots license, every instructor I flew with all taught the same thing, only go for a road as a last resort. Not only are power lines and utility poles a hazard that are hard to see until it's too late, you put motorist in danger as well. Although, looking at where this happened on Google Maps, there wasn't much else to chose from, and the short distance from the airport, there was not much time to make a decision.  

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2017, 09:03 Dacote

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:36:
Running to the rescue? Nah, fuck him. WTF is wrong with people?
As far as not helping the pilot/passengers, do you really want 50+ soccer Mom's with kids in tow running over to a downed plane, besides we are only seeing one camera angle. Anyone w/half a brain would be very aware of the chance of another explosion, only the next one would not be spread out over 500 feet but would be localized at the planes final resting place.

5. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2017, 03:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Simon Says wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:36:
Shit, and the only reaction/preoccupation of the car occupants seems to be what?

"Well I'd better avoid this new hazard."

I liked how at least one driver immediately started driving through other lanes of traffic to avoid whatever is off screen to the left. "Fuck you guys, I'm out!"

4. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 23:36 Simon Says

Shit, and the only reaction/preoccupation of the car occupants seems to be what?

"Well I'd better avoid this new hazard."

3. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 23:12 Dirwulf

jdreyer wrote on May 3, 2017, 23:01:
Shocking thing is that no one was injured apparently, not even the pilot. Watch the video and tell me how that is possible.

The fuel tank was immediately emptied and burned upon it hitting the traffic light, so when the plane "touched down" there was no explosion and they simply skidded to a stop.

2. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 23:01 jdreyer

Shocking thing is that no one was injured apparently, not even the pilot. Watch the video and tell me how that is possible.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

1. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2017, 22:18 RedEye9

That was pretty freaky deaky, and a miracle that there were no serious injuries.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo