Hearthstone Celebrates 70 Million Players

Play Hearthstone? Then Blizzard would like to personally thank you and the 69,999,999 other players who have tried their card-based strategy game. They are handing out some free card packs to celebrate the occasion:
It’s a good thing that there’s always room for one more, because the tavern has now welcomed over 70 Million players! On top of that, with Journey to Un'Goro, Hearthstone had more players playing together on the same day—around the whole world—than at any point in its history!

The Next Round’s on US!
We’re humbled and grateful that so many players have chosen to join us for some Hearthstone fun. As our way of saying thanks, starting today through the end of May, everyone who logs in will receive three free Journey to Un’Goro card packs. Yup! Everyone! Even new players! Just log in to claim your bonus packs!
View : : :

Hearthstone
May 2, 2017, 09:36
Hearthstone May 2, 2017, 09:36
May 2, 2017, 09:36

I loved the idea of Hearthstone and still think it can be a supremely fun game ... but someone said "it's about chasing the meta" and that is so true.

The minute they started releasing big card-packs/expansions in fairly rapid succession, I stopped playing and following the game. It quickly became a "get the latest cards" and "find the most OP deck and copy it". We're now, what, 4 or 5 expansions in? There are so many cards out there, their attempt to "exclude" certain packs and make Standard vs. Wild games isn't helping. For me.

TL;DR -- too difficult for new players to get into with the massive pile of cards/expansions, too difficult for old-timers to get *back* into for the same reason.
Date
Subject
Author
May 2, 2017May 2 2017
Hearthstone