Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 28, 2017, 00:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 23:45:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 05:21:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 04:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2017, 22:34:
But hey, apparently the USA doesn't want tourism
"They" do want, so what was the reason for his bad experience? The vacation itself? Entry formalities? Some TSA shithead having a bad day (well, they actually do have only bad days)?

A mix of TSA (apparently his wife got manhandled by the TSA, random sexual abuse services?), hotel personal being stupid (delayed check-in...) and a mugging (not of him, of his room) he didn't lose his papers, but quite a few things he had let in the room obviously. Hotel seemed to have handled this quite badly as well ... But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.

Of course, that's not to say that all trips to the USA go down like this.. or one would hope.
Was the hotel a Trump joint?

Nah, from what I gather it was in the country side, but I didn't ask ;p Was a weird enough talk to have at 5am in the morning on the street. (and it was -3C, yeah, in mid April)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 23:45 jdreyer

"They" do want, so what was the reason for his bad experience? The vacation itself? Entry formalities? Some TSA shithead having a bad day (well, they actually do have only bad days)?

A mix of TSA (apparently his wife got manhandled by the TSA, random sexual abuse services?), hotel personal being stupid (delayed check-in...) and a mugging (not of him, of his room) he didn't lose his papers, but quite a few things he had let in the room obviously. Hotel seemed to have handled this quite badly as well ... But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.

Of course, that's not to say that all trips to the USA go down like this.. or one would hope.
Was the hotel a Trump joint?

Stay a while, and listen.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 12:31 ZeroPike1

Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand. But since I've flown into Germany multiple times, and flown back to the US multiple times. I can see why nobody could like entering the US. Security is annoyingly long and bad. The lines for non citizens were backed up across the large room.

I fly into Germany, show my passport, say I'm there for pleasure, they stamp my Passport and off I go. No bullshit. No TSA. Its like a dream world where things actually work. I was always happy knowing when I flew into Germany from an 7 hour overnight I can effectively just walk out to the people I was visiting. And flying back to the US even as a US citizen I dreaded having to deal with Police state like TSA, and that stupid ass paper they make people fill out... F'in stupid US bull. it does not work and nobody cares. F that form

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 09:36 RedEye9

Kajetan wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 07:41:
But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.
Understandable

I visit relatives on a regular basis and can say NOTHING positive about the TSA employees. Worst of the worst! How are they trained? Are they trained at all? Everytime they give me the feeling that foreigners should stay at home. Not because they are xenophobic or racist. Which some of them clearly are. Because most of them are lazy fucks who are annoyed with everything resembling work!

Where do you get these people? Why are they employed for a job where one has to deal with people from other nations?
The TSA are failed walmart employees with zero education. If they make anything over minimum wage it's too much. Besides feeling up tourists travelers for fun and creating lines at airports they do nothing to protect Murica or provide any form of security for that matter.

This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2017, 09:49.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 09:20 eRe4s3r

Kajetan wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 07:41:
But at that point he was angry again and I didn't really fancy talking to old angry neighbor any longer.
Understandable

I visit relatives on a regular basis and can say NOTHING positive about the TSA employees. Worst of the worst! How are they trained? Are they trained at all? Everytime they give me the feeling that foreigners should stay at home. Not because they are xenophobic or racist. Which some of them clearly are. Because most of them are lazy fucks who are annoyed with everything resembling work!

Where do you get these people? Why are they employed for a job where one has to deal with people from other nations?

I can imagine that working at a job like that requires the kind of person that enjoys groping random strangers... and maybe not the kind of person you want around children, or in charge of actual security.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 07:41 Kajetan

Understandable

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 05:21 eRe4s3r

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 27, 2017, 04:15 Kajetan

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2017, 22:34 eRe4s3r

Let's face it, the powers that be want the USA to become the next North Korea.

And to think I actually considered a vacation there, but my neighbor came back from one of such, and proclaimed it "the worst experience of his entire life" and he's 70, born in former GDR, so he lived through some serious shit.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2017, 22:15 jdreyer

Excellent. Those pesky rules were stunting the growth of the internet. Now we'll see it really take off and become a part of people's lives.  

Stay a while, and listen.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo