Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins

Fragments of War trailer from Dawn of War III whets appetites for next week's release with a look at authentic "not actual gameplay footage" from the real-time strategy sequel. In the meantime, the multiplayer open beta is now underway, so those interested in that should sign up on this page if they have not already. Here's word on the new video:
With the release of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III just one week away, Relic Entertainment and SEGA Europe are pleased to release the Fragments of War trailer. On April 27, the planet Acheron will emerge from the warp, bringing with it the mysterious Spear of Khaine – the powerful weapon that sets Dawn of War III in motion, drawing three familiar faces ever closer to their intertwined fates.

Through its haunting narration, the trailer surfaces the defining features of the story’s core heroes – Gabriel Angelos of the Space Marines, Farseer Macha of the Eldar, and Gorgutz ‘Ead’unter of the Orks. But as each shard twists, doubt is cast over whether those features will propel them to power, or see them left bloodied in defeat.

Dawn of War III’s story will unfold across 17 single-player missions, challenging players to command epic heroes, assemble huge armies, and wage war across a range of hostile environments. In Multiplayer, the scale of battle will hit its peak as players unleash towering war machines and screen-shaking super abilities to defeat their foes.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 23:34 FloorPie

Not that impressed so far. Units just seem off, color style is meh. Buildings look nice I guess. Its better than DoW2 in some ways but not enough DoW1. No skirmish AI in the "beta" aka demo, sucks.

After the good tutorial, I've played one 3v3 in MP as space marines. You call in your elite units after earning points. You can only reinforce troops if near a building. I'm going to try a few more mp games but I'm thinking this is a wait for a sale title, say $40 max. Its SEGA so I figure they'll have a ton of DLC to get more factions added in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 21:47 Rhett

Osc8r wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 21:44:
Campaign co-op?

No co-op besides skirmish against AI, sadly.

7. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 21:44 Osc8r

Campaign co-op?  

6. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 20:28 Rhett

IIRC somewhere between 15 and 24GB. :X

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 19:31:
I am still on the fence about this one. I love DoW but I couldn't care less about MP in this title.
If that is their main focus (which it seems to be) I'll most likely skip this one.

Weird thing is it doesn't look "traditional". Apparently you fight over some bunker in the middle of the map, not to destroy your enemy. Or maybe there's different modes. But it didn't look ridiculously micromanagement-intensive like SC2. Still sorta slower paced like COH or DOW 2.

5. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 20:05 Jagacademy

How big is the beta download?  

4. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 19:31 SpectralMeat

I am still on the fence about this one. I love DoW but I couldn't care less about MP in this title.
If that is their main focus (which it seems to be) I'll most likely skip this one.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 19:29 NewMaxx

Definitely seems geared towards multiplayer when you see what they did with the cover system.  

2. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 19:23 Rhett

Seems decent... It's less "P2W" than COH 2 was for a while, it seems.

Got the beta, but I don't do competitive RTS, so waiting for friends to install it to mess with it. Just seems to be focused on MP, with no co-op, a "meh" campaign, and a lot of grinding.

1. Re: Dawn of War III Trailer; Open Beta Begins Apr 21, 2017, 18:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Please don't be shit, please don't be shit...

I'm looking forward to this game, despite all the warning signs. *Sigh.*

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >