Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

ELEX Trailer

ELEX is on display in a new prologue trailer from the upcoming science-fiction action/RPG. This is largely concept art accompanied by a narration that that sets the story for the game. The description has a bit on this, explaining that after the Earth is stuck by a comet, and society is reformed by game designers who assign everyone into factions. Or something like that. Here's the official website and here's word:

Developed by Piranha Bytes, creators of the award-winning Gothic and Risen series, ELEX is a handcrafted action role-playing experience set in a post-apocalyptic science-fantasy universe, and puts players into a huge, seamless open world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action. From swords and axes to bows, crossbows and harpoons, ELEX offers one of the widest selection of weaponry in the history of role-playing. Pick up a shotgun, power up a plasma rifle or unleash a flame thrower – there’s a weapon and combat style for every fighter out there. Then find a companion, choose a faction and influence the world; in ELEX, every choice will forge the future of your game.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 JohnQP

Was Risen the pirate rpg with really shitty graphics?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 23, 2017, 03:41 yuastnav

Pretty sure I'm going to get this one. After I played Risen I got bored by PB's games, although Gothic is my most favourite gamer ever and I told myself I'd always buy everything they make.
Well, ended up buying everything they made anyway and now I'm going to buy this.

7. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 22, 2017, 12:47 Caladell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWRRdcDfYs  

6. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 22, 2017, 10:10 Alamar

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:59:
Here's a longer one for starters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLJgU5SOvY

Disappointed with how the combat looks, including animations... But I like how the story is portrayed, and Skyrim has proven shitty combat doesn't ruin this kind of game for everyone ; )

Definitely need to see more of the advancement/abilities/etc, but it's on the watch list now at least ; )

5. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 22, 2017, 05:37 jdreyer

I fucking hate trailers with no gameplay. Blizzard excepted.  

Stay a while, and listen.

4. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 17:59 CJ_Parker

Wonder no more.

Step 1) Go to Google (yeah it's still around after all these years)
Step 2) Enter "elex gameplay video"
Step 3) Switch to the video results and you should find about a couple hundred thousand gameplay videos

Here's a longer one for starters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPLJgU5SOvY

3. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 11:34 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Sounds interesting...wonder what the gameplay will be.  

2. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 10:56 VaranDragon

Yeah their games were something special. They were never technically that great but always had a nice atmosphere and solid gameplay. Id need to see some gameplay, but Im cautiously optimistic about this one.  

1. Re: ELEX Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 10:47 Acleacius

I've love all PB games, sure hope this new IP turns out good! Fingerscrossed  
“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo