Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, the fits and starts of us fixing up the BlueTower to put it on the market seem to be ready to start again after being mostly fits lately. We have located a new contractor who should be able to start within a few weeks, which is the contractor version of immediately. He comes highly recommended, so we're optimistic things will work out. Of course we were also optimistic about the guy we ended up firing, but I'm trying not to think about that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

R.I.P.: Cuba Gooding Sr. Dead: Report.

Fitful Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: 99 Balls.
Stories: Elon Musk Is Seriously Starting a “Telepathy” Company.
Fox revives 'The X-Files' ... again.
Science: Watch the European Space Agency's terrifying new film 'Space Debris: A Journey to Earth.'
Media: Sedan Dragged By Truck For Miles Down Freeway. Zero fs taken to a new level.
Crawl through a B-29 Superfortress IN FLIGHT!.
4 Revolutionary Riddles Resolved.
Follow-up: Subway files defamation suit against CBC over reports. Thanks Slashdot.
The Funnies: xkcd: Survivorship Bias.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 12:32 Rigs

Nimh wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 17:50:
Blue, Keep a notebook of all discussions, requests, quotes, and payments made (listed by time/date). We are in the final stages of the same ordeal and it's amazing how unclear a simple punch list can end up being.

Listen to Mrs. Brisby, Blue. They're the smart ones, remember...

=-Rigs-=

'Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package, how efficient of you...I only hope that in your stumbling around, you do not wake the dragon.'
'They didn't listen, of course. Arrogant men never do.'-Londo Mollari, 'In The Beginning', Babylon5
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 10:34 El Pit

Happy birthday, Evil Jack! Jack Nicholson turns 80 today. Time to watch one of his best movies: The Raven (1963) also starring Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, and Peter Lorre. Directed by the legendary Roger Corman!  
"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
Warren Buffett, right here: https://youtu.be/d37z90pz-qE

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2017, 02:39 El Pit

Dacote wrote on Apr 21, 2017, 21:45:
Strangely it will be the trash in space that will cause more harm than the trash on earth. Forever trapping us on this spinning blue ball, unless of course you're exceedingly rich.

Sorry, you are wrong. Ever heard about that "little" plastic problem in the oceans? BIG problem affecting all of us already. The (mostly illegal) export of trash into third world countries where it is just dumped even close to rivers and lakes turning them into liquid poison? Lead in the groundwater poisoning heaps of people? Chemicals in the water leading to very numbers of cancer disease? The burning of trash no matter how it pollutes air, water, farmgrounds, and so on? Just because we don't have as many problems in trash in first world countries it doesn't mean that we got an extreme problem with producing ridiculous amounts of trash and by that pollution.

"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 21:45 Dacote

Strangely it will be the trash in space that will cause more harm than the trash on earth. Forever trapping us on this spinning blue ball, unless of course you're exceedingly rich.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:50 Nimh

Blue, Keep a notebook of all discussions, requests, quotes, and payments made (listed by time/date). We are in the final stages of the same ordeal and it's amazing how unclear a simple punch list can end up being.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2017, 17:06 El Pit

I hope the next X-Files season is actually good. I only liked the lizard man episode from the last "revival".  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo