Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

The Surge Trailer

With The Surge now gold and on track for release next month, a new combat trailer is online as part of what may be a surge of details on this hardcore action/RPG. The clip comes with this explanation of what it shows:

Today’s Combat Trailer challenges you to survive the deadly CREO facility, making use of The Surge’s fast, technical combat system.

As showcased in the Target, Loot & Equip Trailer, make use of vertical and horizontal attacks, as well as strike power, to target and dismember specific limbs, so you can loot what you cut. Looting upgrades for your exo-suit is key to progression, and surviving challenging physically based combat situations is a matter of skill.

Positioning and speed are vital, so make use of your exo-enhanced dodges, blocks, ducks and jumps to avoid attacks while managing stamina, ensuring you’re always in the right place to strike the limb you want, or to avoid a potentially damning blow. The rules of combat apply to both you, and your enemy : get hit in an unarmored limb, and you’ll go down faster. Take advantage of the enemy’s weaknesses while balancing your own, and you’ll walk away with his strengths.

But you’re not alone. Throughout your journey you’ll be assisted by your industrial drone, with abilities once used for CREO’s industrial needs now manipulated into a fighting machine. Shield yourself, or Burn, knock down, pull, and blast enemies at your will as you continue to fight in melee.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 21, 2017, 02:47 VaranDragon

Retired wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 13:30:
What makes it hardcore?

Maybe it features a cameo by Ice-T?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 17:31 Quinn

ledhead1969 wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 16:04:
Made by same guys that did Lords of the Fallen...I think.

Correct. Lords of the Fallen > Dark Souls (3). Compare YouTube vids.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 16:04 ledhead1969

Made by same guys that did Lords of the Fallen...I think.  

4. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 14:32 LOC

If nothing else, I'll give this game a shot because of the setting. I'm a sucker for sci-fi in general, but this looks terrific. Not the biggest fan of the Soul-like games, especially if they punish you for sucking aka being old like me these days. Still, I hope to have some fun with this one. Hopefully there's an easier setting to play on  

3. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 14:25 Fion

double-post  

2. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 14:22 Fion

I think it's a soulsian game (I.e. in the style of gameplay started by the Dark Souls series). Looks fairly interesting, if linear looking. The combat looks fast and tight.  

1. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 13:30 Retired

What makes it hardcore?  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo