Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 21, 2017, 17:08 El Pit

I love regional pricing! I bought Apple shares for $1.50 per share in Malaysia.

Oh, wait, no, I did not. Somehow regional pricing does not apply to shares... Hm...

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 21, 2017, 04:46 Acleacius

'Regional Pricing' is a big issue now, so I'm not so sure it can easily be ignored. Just like drug companies publishers want to ignore this because it cuts into their profit forecasts.

At least here in the US, since 'the dick and bush, world economic crash of 2007' we mostly lost the middle class. Most of the wealth has been moved out of the public sector, so our economy is essentially 2nd world now.

Stop. Lose all scripted responses. Improvisation only.

9. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 21, 2017, 04:35 christheshitter

Prez wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 22:10:
I like cheap games as much as the next guy (probably more, since the net value of my 2000+ games Steam library is over $15000 but I've paid less than a third of that) but I like the idea of developers getting fairly compensated better.

There's must be a lot of shit games in your library.

8. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 22:10 Prez

Without getting into a pissing contest, I find the arguments in favor of G2A posted here pretty piss-poor and unconvincing. I like cheap games as much as the next guy (probably more, since the net value of my 2000+ games Steam library is over $15000 but I've paid less than a third of that) but I like the idea of developers getting fairly compensated better.

As to the eBay comparison that keeps coming up, I think it's a point worth mentioning that eBay and Amazon do not allow the reselling of digital goods for the very reason that G2A is under fire for: the reselling of keys bought through illegal means like credit card fraud.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 20:54 eRe4s3r

Yifes wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 20:36:
Cutter wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:32:
Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear.

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:19:
And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10€ in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10€ for something that costs 10ct a click away...

So what do you propose? Cease all production on AAA games and all Devs start aiming for the <$10 game market? Or that people in poorer countries with lower GDP per capita start paying exorbitant prices for games?

If they can afford a gaming rig that can play AAA titles they are not "poor", like seriously not.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 20:36 Yifes

Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear.

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 12:19:
And if you sell your game for 10ct in Russia when it costs 10€ in EU2 and EU1, well then sorry to say that, that's 100% your own fault. And I don't see why I should pay 10€ for something that costs 10ct a click away...

So what do you propose? Cease all production on AAA games and all Devs start aiming for the <$10 game market? Or that people in poorer countries with lower GDP per capita start paying exorbitant prices for games?

5. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 12:54 Beamer

Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear. This is a problem entirely of their own making, and the solution is in their hands as well. It's no different from orgs like RIAA who refuse to adapt and change the business model that no longer works.

• I love when cutter complains about greed when explaining why he deserves things more than others.

Literally no one else here understands economics (and, oddly, bartending) less.

-------------
    Music for the discerning:
    http://www.deathwishinc.com
    http://www.hydrahead.com
    http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 12:32 Cutter

Key reselling sites wouldn't exist if not for the devs own actions with greed and regional pricing. If they start being fair sites like G2A will disappear. This is a problem entirely of their own making, and the solution is in their hands as well. It's no different from orgs like RIAA who refuse to adapt and change the business model that no longer works.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 12:19 eRe4s3r

I have a hard time hating on G2A, you use it, then you probably also know what it is and what it isn't. The fact it exists is well known, any developer who cares enough about it is probably not going to throw 500k keys out into the world through a bundle, you only do that with "end-of-life" products anyway.

That said, the charge-back fraud thing going on with keys sold on G2A has to be stopped, but that isn't a G2A problem either... credit card fraud happens because of credit card companies being shit at their job.

Ps.: and devs using a cheap payment provider with no fraud protection is the real, fundamental issue here. But you can't force DEVS to not be stupid.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 12:08 NetHead

It's hip to bash G2A let's all pile on...

1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 20, 2017, 10:44 RedEye9

Somebody please take the shovel out of that rep's hands, shawn spicer could have done a better job.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo