Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 19:15 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 10:40:
Does google know how they make their monie?

Online ads have become so intrusive, obnoxious, and dangerous that it's actually a bad decision not to do this. Bezt to regulate it this way instead of letting things get to the point where everyone has ad blockers installed and people are asking the government to regulate it.

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 16:26 MacLeod

NetHead wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 13:06:
Unfortunately without sarcasm, I'm sure they won't be brought up on anti-competitive charges "if" (when) their ads do get through, when they damn well should be.

There's no need for the sarcasm line or the "if" comment... in the article linked, it clearly states:

Of course, Google won't block Google ads. Instead, according to the report, Chrome will target "unacceptable ads" as defined by the Coalition for Better Ads. The Coalition for Better Ads, which counts Google and Facebook among its members, has a page of "least preferred ad experiences" up on its website. This page calls out pop-ups, autoplaying video ads with sound, interstitial ads with countdowns, and large "sticky" ads as "below the threshold of consumer acceptability."

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 13:29 Pr()ZaC

I'll surely continue with Firefox + Adguard (not the extension).  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 13:06 NetHead

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 10:40:

That's why they want you using their ad-blocker, one they control and harvest information from, rather than someone else's.

An advertising company (which is what Google is) making an ad-blocker. Where to begin with that one.

I'm sure none of their ads or "suggested content" will slip through for any reason. /sarcasm

Unfortunately without sarcasm, I'm sure they won't be brought up on anti-competitive charges "if" (when) their ads do get through, when they damn well should be.

Nevermind any privacy issue, we can trust Google, lol.

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 10:41:
Hope Google does this, some really annoying pop up lately made me finally have to install an ad blocker. I would much rather it be in the browser

I would much rather have an open source version from a non-profit source, which is what you can already get.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 10:41 Ozmodan

Hope Google does this, some really annoying pop up lately made me finally have to install an ad blocker. I would much rather it be in the browser

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2017, 10:40 RedEye9

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo