Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

GTA Online Duke O'Death

Rockstar Games has details on some GTA Online content now available to all players after initially being released as a reward for returning players. One such bit of content is the Duke O'Death, the coolest such ride since the Deathmobile from Animal House. Here's word on the release, which comes amid a couple of weeks of money and RP bonuses:

Beginning today, the mayhem machine Duke O Death and a range of items previously exclusive to returning players are now available for all players in GTA Online:

• Marshall Monster Truck
  • Dodo Seaplane
  • Kraken Submarine
  • Imponte Dukes Car
  • Declasse Stallion Car
  • Blista Compact Car
  • Hatchet

Returning players who previously purchased these items will be reimbursed for the purchases, simply log in and your reimbursement will be delivered to your Maze Bank account within the next week.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 20, 2017, 08:56 Trashy

Man there is a lot of complaints about free content that you didn't need to pay a $40 season pass for.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 20, 2017, 03:09 jacobvandy

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 22:53:
Did you guys not click the link?

Murder Mystery
As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you'll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.

That's very old content, from when the game was re-released for the newer consoles. The linked Rockstar article mentioning it is from October 2014! Point of this new news is that everyone is getting access to things listed there, rather than just those who had played on PS3/360 and linked accounts with next-gen versions.

8. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 23:52 MoreLuckThanSkill

"The Duck of Death?" - Little Bill.

"The Duke, Bill." - English Bob.

7. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 22:53 The Half Elf

Did you guys not click the link?

Murder Mystery
As Michael, follow a trail of cryptic clues to unravel a grisly murder mystery. Put the clues together and you'll unlock two Noir Style Filters, which will give your Story Mode gameplay and Snapmatic photos the feel of a gritty old school crime classic.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

6. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 21:28 Dacron

More online stuff

Upset it isn't the same half-wing flight-less dodo from GTA 3.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

5. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 20:46 Mordecai Walfish

ForgedReality wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
And now hackers are stealing your money. In a matter of seconds, you can have your account drained. Whee. I lost millions last night because some prick decided he deserves to be shot in the face fifty times with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher in real life. I spent AGES earning that money. And now it's gone almost instantly. Fuck this game. Rockstar doesn't ever do shit about the hackers. And they only exist because of their shitty peer-to-peer netcode. Dumb.

Report what happened to support, and you will get your money back if it was legitimately earned.

Rhett wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:12:
jamiedj99 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
I wonder if they ever fixed the crazy load times in multiplayer making it soo annoying to play yet

Nope.

But it is much faster loading into SP, then joining a private MP match, THEN joining a public match.. if so inclined.

God, they better treat RDR 2 and the future better than this. I like that there were mods, but GTA online was handled very poorly. Especially PC.

Use the command line argument -StraightIntoFreemode (or create a 2nd shortcut to the launcher with this command line argument) and you will launch into multiplayer without wading through menus. Takes 2-3 minutes tops for me to get into a lobby.

Currently playing: River City Ransom Underground (PC) , GTA:V (PC) , Owlboy (PC) , Everspace (PC) , Overwatch (PC) , Subnautica (PC)

4. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 20:12 Rhett

jamiedj99 wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:41:
I wonder if they ever fixed the crazy load times in multiplayer making it soo annoying to play yet

Nope.

But it is much faster loading into SP, then joining a private MP match, THEN joining a public match.. if so inclined.

God, they better treat RDR 2 and the future better than this. I like that there were mods, but GTA online was handled very poorly. Especially PC.

3. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 19:41 jamiedj99

2. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 19:41 ForgedReality

And now hackers are stealing your money. In a matter of seconds, you can have your account drained. Whee. I lost millions last night because some prick decided he deserves to be shot in the face fifty times with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher in real life. I spent AGES earning that money. And now it's gone almost instantly. Fuck this game. Rockstar doesn't ever do shit about the hackers. And they only exist because of their shitty peer-to-peer netcode. Dumb.  

1. Re: GTA Online Duke O'Death Apr 19, 2017, 19:26 RabidStoat

Yet again, more GTA Online content - when will they ever add some non online content!  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo