Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow

An update on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS has details on the first monthly patch for the early access battle royale game, saying this will come out tomorrow (thanks Blahman). PLAYERUNKNOWN outlines things this will address, but adds that the memory leaks some are experiencing will wait for a future patch. A new test server is online for them to test new patches, and the plan is to release this live tomorrow. The post includes the complete patch notes.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 09:15 Retired

MacLeod wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 07:10:
Yifes wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:11:
How different is this game from H1Z1: King of the Kill? Which one is better?

It's very similar. H1z1:KOTH was also designed by playerunknown, which was also based on his similar ARma mod.

Battlegrounds is a much more finished game. Bullet physics are way better. I mean, google their article on just the shot sound design. It's pretty in depth for just the bullet sounds. Cars don't just blow up either. And you don't have Daybreak involved.

H1Z1 is an arcade survival. You can drive full speed in a vehicle that has terrible physics, jump the veh in the air, jump out of said veh and headshot people before you hit the ground. If you have a vehicle in H1, you will win.

Cars in PUBG are death traps. They are a means to move and that is it. If the vehicle is moving and you try to get out, you will probably die as the vehicle runs you over.

There are a lot of weapons (they are adding more) and they have scarcity. The weapons also have attachments that you must find to increase the stats on your weapon.

You have aim down the sights, lean, iron sights, 4x, ACOG, 8x, and I have only seen a 15x in 2-3 games.

You can win by being rambo, camping, hiding, stealth, or just walking around. Each game is very different depending where it ends up.

There are boats, motorcycles, dune buggy, car, jeep.

There is some destruction being built in the game. Currently doors get blown up by bombing raids and players can also destroy doors.

There are stun grenades, frag nades, and smoke nades. Each have helped me win. Most people don't use them, as it currently is a bit clunky to switch and use quickly.

That is just off the top of my head. I have not played the update yet.

If you played competitive BF2, that is the excitement this game gives me. You can play solo, duo, or a group of 4. The game is an absolute blast, and I look forward to their updates every week and discussing updates and changes with the dev team in their forums. They are all about the player experience and are really killin it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 09:01 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:59:
Thats the curse of EA. Also, once its done, there will be so many pro players, that for a new player it will be hell.
So you might aswell play it now.

The matchmaking will be elo type - you will only be put in matches with others of your "rank". Right now it is just a dump in model - but I watch the kill feed, and top players die early on all the time.

I have won a game where I only had a handgun for the first 15 minutes and I have lost within 5 minutes where I was fully looted up. The loot is RNG for the most part, but high density areas will garner better loot in general.

It is no different than any other game. Took everyone several hours to get going, I would expect a new player would have the same curve. No diff than CoD, BF, any PvP game.

My first win was 70 hours in (probably 35 hours of solo). Now happening alot more frequently.

17. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 07:10 MacLeod

Yifes wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:11:

It's very similar. H1z1:KOTH was also designed by playerunknown, which was also based on his similar ARma mod.

Battlegrounds is a much more finished game. Bullet physics are way better. I mean, google their article on just the shot sound design. It's pretty in depth for just the bullet sounds. Cars don't just blow up either. And you don't have Daybreak involved.

16. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 03:45 Slick

10 wins ^_^

I did a writeup that was posted here a few days ago in
case anyone interested in this game missed it (shameless self promo)

https://www.gaminginstincts.com/battlegrounds-first-impressions-frying-pans-rubber-bands/

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

15. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 23:24 Quboid

Thanks for the feedback. I suppose there's no rapport when playing solo on public servers, so switching server isn't a problem.

My approach to Early Access is that I'm buying what's available now. Player Unknown has a decent reputation (not that I know much about them) which is nice but doesn't mean that much. There have been quite a few reports of performance issues so I'll wait to see the reaction to this patch. 26.99 is a lot for an unfinished game.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

14. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 20:59 Muscular Beaver

Quboid wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 18:13:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 16:55:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:24:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 15:18:
It's much more quick playing and round based than an open world game like you mentioned.

How quick is a round?
3 minutes to ~30 minutes. Depending on how quick you die.

What happens when you die, are you a spectator? This seems like it would suck for anyone who dies early and faces a 30 minute respawn timer. Are you expected to quit and join another server?

It's a shame it's in Early Access. By the time it is released, the player base will be experienced and quite possibly past its peak.

You can always end the game and get into another. Even if youre not dead.
You can spectate in a team game, but are not forced to.

Thats the curse of EA. Also, once its done, there will be so many pro players, that for a new player it will be hell.
So you might aswell play it now.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

13. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 19:11 Yifes

12. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 19:07 MacLeod

What happens when you die, are you a spectator?

You quit and start another match. (unless you're playing on a team, in which case, you probably spectate on one of them until they all die)

11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 18:22 RedEye9

It's a shame it's in Early Access. By the time it is released, the player base will be experienced and quite possibly past its peak.
Or you can get in now while the gettin's good.

Since every round you start out equal/identical to every other player I don't see that as being much of an issue as far as people being more experienced.

Get in, get some weapons and start ganking or be ganked.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 18:13 Quboid

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 16:55:
It's much more quick playing and round based than an open world game like you mentioned.

How quick is a round?

What happens when you die, are you a spectator? This seems like it would suck for anyone who dies early and faces a 30 minute respawn timer. Are you expected to quit and join another server?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 17:40 Rhett

Tried the patch, felt overall much more smooth. Framerate was the sameish, and didn't go to the big cities (yet), but mouse control feels smoother.

New bike is neat. Vector is okay.. 13 round magazine before extended mags though, is quite weird. Maybe realistic?

Tons and tons of QOL/general improvements though.

Edit: There's a "test server" version in your library if you own it, to try it.

8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 16:55 Muscular Beaver

How quick is a round?

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:27 MacLeod

How quick is a round?

Seems like average time for a full round (lasting until end) is about 35 minutes or so.

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:24 Frijoles

How quick is a round?

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 15:18 MacLeod

aka_STEVE wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 14:56:
Serious question for who has played this -- What is the difference between this and Dayz, Rust, & the other 100+ post-apocalyptic open world scavenge games out now ??

Asking because this is seemingly getting hyped in alot of places and I'm not sure why ?

It's not really an open-ended scavenge game like that. The way it works is:

1) You and approximately 99 others get dropped from an airplane that flys over map. You have control of when exactly you jump out.

2) after landing, you scavenge for armor, weapons and health type items

3) after a few minutes, you'll get a notification that the play area is being reduced. You'll see a white circle that is the "safe" area, and a blue energy field (represented by a blue circle on the map) pulling in towards that white circle. If you get caught outside, you'll eventually die due to damage.

4) step three keeps repeating until the circle is tiny and all (remaining) players are forced into a small area and play ends when only one player remains.

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 14:56 aka_STEVE

Serious question for who has played this -- What is the difference between this and Dayz, Rust, & the other 100+ post-apocalyptic open world scavenge games out now ??

Asking because this is seemingly getting hyped in alot of places and I'm not sure why ?

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 12:16 MacLeod

Well, I'm certainly glad for:

"Adjusted the density of environmental elements to be identical across all graphic options"

At least now I can play at a reasonable graphics detail without worrying that I'm missing something that someone playing with potato-quality enabled is seeing.

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 11:26 Retired

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:09:
Pretty impressive the speed that they're addressing issues in EA. And there are a *massive* number of fixes/enhancements listed for this patch.

Yea very impressed, as well as their transparency on the updates and news. They have responded to the tickets I put in on cheaters as well. Game still needs a lot of work, but the effort and speed to which they are addressing everything is pretty awesome.

Over 100 hours int he game for $30, and still EA! 4 solo wins, 2 duo wins.

Things to look forward to:
Performance optimization (this week)
Replay ability in 2D and 3D
New map coming by end of year (when they plan to be out of EA)

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 10:09 Primalchrome

Pretty impressive the speed that they're addressing issues in EA. And there are a *massive* number of fixes/enhancements listed for this patch.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo