Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks

A commercial for Star Wars Battlefront II has leaked online after accidentally being revealed through the official EA Twitter account. This was quickly deleted, but EA is not being spared the disaster of people watching a commercial they're not paying to place, as there are copies on places like YouTube (thanks Ars Technica) and Vimeo (thanks PCGamesN). This has some hints about what to expect from the Star Wars action sequel, including indications all three trilogies will be represented, as it shows the original Death Star, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, and Rey, and promises to take us "across all eras." There's no indication of when an official reveal for this will come, though tomorrow's "Star Wars Celebration" is a pretty good guess, though May 4th is a candidate as well. We shall see.

View : : :
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
Apr 12, 2017, 15:47
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 15:47
Apr 12, 2017, 15:47

MacLeod wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 15:12:
Trashy wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:37:
I've owned this game already for almost 12 years.

No, you owned "Star Wars: Battlefront II".

This is "Star Wars Battlefront II"
that sounds about right.

Apr 12, 2017, 15:12
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 15:12
Apr 12, 2017, 15:12

Trashy wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:37:

No, you owned "Star Wars: Battlefront II".

This is "Star Wars Battlefront II"

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Apr 12, 2017, 15:02
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 15:02
Apr 12, 2017, 15:02

lol @ more cashgrab movie tie-in casual garbage of galactic bantha poodoo proportions

Like the first game, I might pick up the ultimate edition when it drops below €20 but only if it includes a SP campaign this time.
Too bad all the filthy casuals and console peasants will make sure EA gets 10 million+ $90 average sales price preorders for this shit. There should be more laws against being retarded including euthanasia in resistant cases.*

* any lamer who thinks he's clever by cracking the "joke" that I'd be the first to go, puuuuhhhlease... predictable dumbass "joke" is predictable dumbass "joke", capisce?

Apr 12, 2017, 14:54
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 14:54
Apr 12, 2017, 14:54

Slick wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:18:
Task wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:39:
Predictions that will make it shit:

- no dynamic conquest combat

IT'S NOT BATTLEFIELD

Even Battlefield isn't Battlefield anymore, it sucks that we lost out on BF2143 for this low IQ console fodder.

DICE is adamant about not mixing Battlefield gameplay into Battlefront, to me it would be like mixing peanut butter with chocolate - a totally insane idea.

Got to keep that gameplay mechanic dumbed-down for 12 year old kids.

as for the unknown star wars plot, you start off as an imperial officer (female no less) and after the first two missions you transition to the rebel side after finally seeing the light, they'll probably throw in some force awareness like crap so you end the story holding onto a light saber. It'll take about four hours to complete if you're really slow and don't skip any of the cut scenes, completely on rails "cinematic" gameplay experience.

Apr 12, 2017, 13:59
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 13:59
Apr 12, 2017, 13:59

You really are too excited by mediocre EA products Slick.

Apr 12, 2017, 13:37
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:37
Apr 12, 2017, 13:37

Apr 12, 2017, 13:35
Verno

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:35
Apr 12, 2017, 13:35
 Verno

I'm glad you retain some optimism, but we've had game after game from Dice of the last decade, and they seem to be declining in quality. If the trend holds, this one will be the most simplistic, lowest common denominator of all.

EDIT: I forgot that people really liked BF1. Still, even BF1 suffers from a lot of issues that made older BF games great like offline modes and modding.

I haven't lost faith in Dice yet but to be fair this was a cash-in sub brand so its not exactly difficult to see why people are dubious. I thought the first one was fairly mindless so I will be interested to see if they added some much needed depth to it.
Playing: FF7R
Watching: The Last Dance

Apr 12, 2017, 13:34
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:34
Apr 12, 2017, 13:34
 Slick

lol, so by "older games" you mean stuff that they did 10-15 years ago.

Right.

Please go watch some youtube footage of those older titles and tell me with a straight face that DICE quality has been declining over time.

Not having offline modes (coughSINGLEPLAYERCAMPAIGNcough), or modding isn't indicative of the overall quality of a product. Tell me what in your opinion is indicative of the declining quality of DICE games in the last 15 years?
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 12, 2017, 13:22
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:22
Apr 12, 2017, 13:22

Rigs wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:30:
See, this is what drives me nuts about gamers today...you guys have no clue what's in the game at this point, only that it has a story underpinning and covers all three trilogies...and has 'heroes', like the first. The game could literally have everything you're all complaining about wanting but you don't know. Yet we'll complain anyway. I'm guilty of it too but I think that for this industry to return to what it was back in it's heyday, we need some optimism and enthusiasm. I'm not saying to go out and pre-order but maybe be a little excited about things. I constantly (constantly) hear people wanting another Tie Fighter, including myself, and this could be a big step to that. It looks like it's going to have more focus on space combat.

I have the smallest bit of hope that EA heard all the complaints about the first and is going to change it. And for once, I'm going to go in excited to see what they'll give us this time instead of grumbling about it. Will I be disappointed? Probably. But fuck, I'm tired of being down and negative about this shit all the time. The mood is always 80% 'It's gonna fail - hard!' and 20% 'Well it might rock'. We need to change that.

=-Rigs-=

I'm glad you retain some optimism, but we've had game after game from Dice of the last decade, and they seem to be declining in quality. If the trend holds, this one will be the most simplistic, lowest common denominator of all.

EDIT: I forgot that people really liked BF1. Still, even BF1 suffers from a lot of issues that made older BF games great like offline modes and modding.
“We’ve reached the point of this polarized pandemic where our current plan for salvation is convincing certain recalcitrant men that wearing masks is the testosteroney thing to do.“

Apr 12, 2017, 13:20
Verno

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:20
Apr 12, 2017, 13:20
 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 13:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 10:51:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 09:23:
"Game Engine Footage" my ass...

Visuals have never been an issue for EA's Battlefront. It's the content that's going to be the issue.

QFT.

So sad. Dice games used to be something so greatly anticipated.

Battlefield 1 was pretty good though. For a month or two which was plenty of game time for the money.

Apr 12, 2017, 13:19
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:19
Apr 12, 2017, 13:19

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 10:51:
VaranDragon wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 09:23:
"Game Engine Footage" my ass...

Visuals have never been an issue for EA's Battlefront. It's the content that's going to be the issue.

QFT.

So sad. Dice games used to be something so greatly anticipated.
“We’ve reached the point of this polarized pandemic where our current plan for salvation is convincing certain recalcitrant men that wearing masks is the testosteroney thing to do.“

Apr 12, 2017, 13:18
Slick

Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 13:18
Apr 12, 2017, 13:18
 Slick

Task wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:39:

- expensive season pass

EXPENSIVE HOW? MORE EXPENSIVE THAN EVERY OTHER SEASON PASS? HMMM, NO.

- spawn tokens (no fun allowed for immersion, like walking up to a vehicle and entering cockpit in first person and taking off)

SO YOU'D RATHER HAVE PEOPLE BE TAKEN OUT OF COMBAT TO RUN ACROSS THE MAP TO MAYBE GET IN AN X-WING? WOULDN'T IT KEEP THE GAMEPLAY MORE FOCUSED IF EVERYONE WAS KEPT IN THE FIGHT?

- want to drive AT AT? Too bad, still on rails and you can wait in line to ride on like a rollercoaster. You must be THIS tall to ride.

LOL, SO AVOIDING THE FACT THAT THIS IS WHAT THE ENTIRE GAME MODE REVOLVES AROUND... I GUESS YOU COULD JUST SPAWN IN THE AT-AT AND SPRINT TO THE END OF THE MAP AND WIN...?

IT'S NOT BATTLEFIELD

- crappy single-player tack on story

IT'S FUNNY, WITH BATTLEFRONT 1 EVERYONE BITCHED THAT THERE WAS NO SP, NOW YOU THINK IT'LL PROBABLY HAVE ONE, BUT BE GARBAGE. NICE.

Also the story doesn't look like "rogue one" it looks like a "boo hoo, I'm an Imperial, let's still be an Imperial Empire" story.

PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE UNKNOWN STAR WARS PLOT.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 12, 2017, 13:15
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:15
Apr 12, 2017, 13:15

See, this is what drives me nuts about gamers today...you guys have no clue what's in the game at this point, only that it has a story underpinning and covers all three trilogies...and has 'heroes', like the first. The game could literally have everything you're all complaining about wanting but you don't know. Yet we'll complain anyway. I'm guilty of it too but I think that for this industry to return to what it was back in it's heyday, we need some optimism and enthusiasm. I'm not saying to go out and pre-order but maybe be a little excited about things. I constantly (constantly) hear people wanting another Tie Fighter, including myself, and this could be a big step to that. It looks like it's going to have more focus on space combat.

I have the smallest bit of hope that EA heard all the complaints about the first and is going to change it. And for once, I'm going to go in excited to see what they'll give us this time instead of grumbling about it. Will I be disappointed? Probably. But fuck, I'm tired of being down and negative about this shit all the time. The mood is always 80% 'It's gonna fail - hard!' and 20% 'Well it might rock'. We need to change that.

=-Rigs-=

You don't think maybe the cynicism is the result of an endless tirade of unoriginal, formulaic, consolized, politically correct garbage originating from today's publishing houses?

Case in point; Mass Effect: Andromeda.

From a business perspective it's understandable. It all comes down to money and that's not guaranteed when the IP (or genre) is a risk, but that doesn't alter the fact most of what is produced is just rehashed garbage. The gaming industry has become an extension of Hollywood and that's not a compliment.

RE: Tie Fighter (and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter) - like good Ridley Scott and James Cameron movies - is best left buried in the annals of quality gaming history.

Apr 12, 2017, 13:10
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:10
Apr 12, 2017, 13:10
 Slick

1) DICE has never once released a game trailer with pre-rendered cinematics, even going back to BF1942, it's all in-engine footage.

2) The "lack of content" argument for Battlefront 1 is stupid. There are 7 large maps, and 14 small maps in the vanilla game. The 14 small maps were NOT just pulled as a section from the big maps, like in Battlefield. This is the main point that no one seems to understand. The small maps were %100 original unique maps MADE for infantry-only combat. Instead of just ripping a section of the big maps, placing a bunch of "space shipping containers", and calling it TDM. So there are 21 UNIQUE maps in vanilla Battlefront. How is that lacking content exactly? this is not counting the DLC maps.

Sure, some of them dropped after launch, but they're still there. Sure there's no SP campaign, but can you blame them? in BF3 and BF4 hardly anyone played the SP campaigns... You know much much work was put into just the aircraft carrier breaking apart in BF4? Massive amounts of work that probably less than 10% of players ever saw. (at least according to people I know that played those games). I admit I'd rather have a Star Wars SP campaign than BF, but come on, it's DICE, let's be honest, they do MP.

Apr 12, 2017, 13:06
Verno

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 13:06
Apr 12, 2017, 13:06
 Verno

Nah, there are plenty of cheerleading avenues for games already, they have full on PR departments and whole community websites surrounding them. There is no need to change anything, people have every right to be cynical about the gaming industry if that's what they want to do. This sub-franchise in particular was a big disappointment to many people so they have historical precedent for their concern. Feel free to praise it up to the stars, you're entitled to your opinion like everyone else but no one else needs to change anything.

Bitch on gamers, keep the industry honest IMO

Apr 12, 2017, 12:46
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:46
Apr 12, 2017, 12:46

=-Rigs-=

You are right, there is too much negativity going on and no company will ever make a game ever again that does 100% what 100% of the players want, you just have to pick the games that do what you want and ignore the rest.

Things will sort itself out then, no need for all the hate campaigns.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:45
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:45
Apr 12, 2017, 12:45

The main problem I see is that the first game sold REALLY well thanx to coming out near the movie, and this one also has that to ride behind.

So they probably don't have to make it a lot better than the first one...

Hopefully they will. Battlefield 1 was great, if they follow that template this could be really cool...but they're probably just going to make the game close to what they made last time...

Not going to get my hopes up.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:33
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:33
Apr 12, 2017, 12:33

I can't understand for the life of me why these game devs just can't give players what they want...

Wide open battlefields, tons of cool vehicles, and unlocks that are fun. Not unlocks that are needed to play the game (Wildlands sync shot).

Sad that I still play the original SW:Battlefront 2 more than any other SW game out today. Tons of maps, mods, you name it.

Apr 12, 2017, 12:05
Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks Apr 12, 2017, 12:05
Apr 12, 2017, 12:05

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 11:19:
It really hurts to see such awesome trailers and then instantly realize that the real game will just be another gameplay-failure like the last one.
What would I give for a real successor of the old ones, improved in gameplay (imagine Jedi Knight-like controls for characters with a light saber in a game like this), or even a remake of X-Wing...

I was really hoping for light saber duels like we had in Jedi Knight games, there was none of that, and their flight model was just a sacrilege to any X-Wing / Tie Fighter game...

Apr 12, 2017, 11:39
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 11:39
Apr 12, 2017, 11:39

- No custom or dedicated servers to keep game fresh (no ability to make a 1st person only mode, no heroes etc.)
- expensive season pass
- spawn tokens (no fun allowed for immersion, like walking up to a vehicle and entering cockpit in first person and taking off)
- AI spawn ships (cool ships like the TIE Avenger or TIE Defender shall be gated as AI spawns only (no fun allowed cock teasers)
- want to drive AT AT? Too bad, still on rails and you can wait in line to ride on like a rollercoaster. You must be THIS tall to ride.
- crappy single-player tack on story
- and much more

Also the story doesn't look like "rogue one" it looks like a "boo hoo, I'm an Imperial, let's still be an Imperial Empire" story.

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older