Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc. Apr 13, 2017, 17:48 eRe4s3r

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 15:24:

I have sympathy for people who get fucked over by airlines, I've been there myself. But...

...maybe I should have googled what a concussion is before posting this.

Right? That's what you wanted to actually say. Because maybe you ought to google that before making yourself look like an empathy devoid robot. IN fact, google it anyway, because clearly you are unaware of what this does to people, and why it's your second priority if you ever encounter an accident to make sure the people aren't in shock or have a concussion. People in shock are the most dangerous fucking thing on an accident site. And if you had ever listened when you made your driving license you'd know this.

And if even half of the injuries that float around are true then he had a severe concussion. That they did not bring him to an hospital ASAP will be another cool $2m on top of that incoming lawsuit. And well deserved those 3 "officers" are now on administrative leave. But they are not the problem, the airline is the problem. When you boarded passengers a flight is boarded, you can't "unboard" passengers. And sure as hell not when the next flight they offered wasn't even a guaranteed seat.

As long as US airlines think they can manhandle customers like shit they will do things like this. Imo the only recourse is not to fly, there are trains, no?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 13, 2017, 09:41 eRe4s3r

Task wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 15:38:
Prez wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 09:56:
No it was not a "horrific" incident. A case where things spiraled out of control and we're handled poorly, sure. But to say it was "horrific" is just diluting the meaning of the word. Seeing a man in Syria holding two dead babies who were murdered by their own government - THAT is horrific.

Some of those dead babies are Al-Queda/al-Nusra/al-Hiwa victims, FYI. They are very effective at PR these days. And the U.N. has already stated radical groups have access and use crude chemical gas, like chlorine mixtures (which smells, whereas sarin is apparently odorless).

Sarin is only odorless if you contain it within an odorless containment agent, from the Japan subway attacks we know that it smells horribly when you mix it with non-standard containment agents. Non smelly containment agents are extremely hard to produce. And you need them because Sarin only lasts a short while, to produce it when you need it it gets mixed on impact of the "container" which breaks the thing interior wall and joins 2 chemical (highly corrosive!) agents together to produce Sarin vapor in a massive reaction

None of the helpers had gas-masks or haz-mat suits on when handling victims. So this was not Sarin. If it had been, we'd be seeing images (from very far away!) of dead first responders, while it is a vapor, it also sticks to everything and it is also contact active.

I am now actually convinced that this was either Tabun or Parathion, but Russia is blocking the investigation (That speaks volumes....) the problem is, 200 hours later you can't prove anything anymore ;/ Which means this was 100% Russia backed, executed by Syrian Army. Why, I dunno, but the facts we know are that Russia vetoed the investigation. And that isn't the first time.

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 15:38 Task

No it was not a "horrific" incident. A case where things spiraled out of control and we're handled poorly, sure. But to say it was "horrific" is just diluting the meaning of the word. Seeing a man in Syria holding two dead babies who were murdered by their own government - THAT is horrific.

Some of those dead babies are Al-Queda/al-Nusra/al-Hiwa victims, FYI. They are very effective at PR these days. And the U.N. has already stated radical groups have access and use crude chemical gas, like chlorine mixtures (which smells, whereas sarin is apparently odorless).

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

6. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 15:24 jacobvandy

"Beating," really? Rodney King just rolled over in his grave...

I have sympathy for people who get fucked over by airlines, I've been there myself. But I have very little for a stubborn old man that defies not only the airline authorities, but also police officers on-scene to the point of needing to be dragged away kicking and screaming like a fucking toddler. The way he wanders back onto the plane afterward and trots down the aisle babbling incessantly completes the picture of oblivious petulance.

Like it or not, when you fly you are at the mercy of the airline. You can either cooperate with the way they run things like a civilized human being or you can choose another mode of transport. Declining to volunteer to give up your seat is fine, everyone did that. But when push comes to shove (no pun intended), the three others chosen to leave did so without incident.

This man, on the other hand, decided to cause a disruption for everyone else involved. Then when the police got involved he defied them, too. I'm as concerned about excessive use of force as the next guy, but I was raised to respect officers and comply when they tell you to do something. It's one thing to protest what a flight attendant says, but if the cops show up you should realize that shit just got real and change your tune. At that point you're a trespasser, it's been decided you need to leave and continuing to refuse just makes it worse. Be a man and walk out of there on your own two legs.

Edit: Damn it, CJ. I knew I took too long typing...

5. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 15:11 CJ_Parker

^ this

Dude could have walked off the plane with some dignity and then walked to the counter to yell at the clerks all day and night.
He deliberately chose not to. He chose to make a big scene of himself like a freaking toddler throwing a temper tantrum. Stubborn asshole deserved to be dragged off that plane. Simple as that.

4. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 14:20 Cutter

Kajetan wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 10:21:
THAT is horrific.
That is someone elses problem far, FAR away. The UA incident happened on familar territory, AT HOME. Like EVERYONE CAN BE THE NEXT!!!!

Sadly enough, most people have an intellectual horizon with the radius of their own nose tip. Incidents are more important, the nearer they are to their comfort zone. And incidents become problems, when they are happening RIGHT IN FRONT of those people, to them personally or to close family members. Everything else? Not their fucking problem! Go away!

That's a mechanism we all need to survive. Most of the world is for shit. If he had to cope with it all on a moment to moment basis we'd literally go insane. There would be nothing buy bloody violence every moment of the day everywhere. There comes a point where you really do have to say, 'Well it's awful but it's really not my problem.' We all have more than enough of our own shit to deal with.

And I dunno Prez. Seeing a man selected at random - race more likely - and have a bunch of goosestepping nazis come on board give him a public beating in front of a crowd is pretty horrifying for most people.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

3. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 14:06 yonder

| What they said
|
|
V

2. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 10:21 Kajetan

THAT is horrific.
That is someone elses problem far, FAR away. The UA incident happened on familar territory, AT HOME. Like EVERYONE CAN BE THE NEXT!!!!

Sadly enough, most people have an intellectual horizon with the radius of their own nose tip. Incidents are more important, the nearer they are to their comfort zone. And incidents become problems, when they are happening RIGHT IN FRONT of those people, to them personally or to close family members. Everything else? Not their fucking problem! Go away!

1. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 09:56 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >