Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Top 10

Here's the new list of the bestselling games on Steam for last week:

1. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  2. Stellaris: Utopia
  3. DARK SOULS III
  4. Dishonored 2
  5. H1Z1: King of the Kill
  6. DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition
  7. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  8. NieR:Automata
  9. Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  10. ARK: Survival Evolved

View
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 9, 2017, 18:39 Osc8r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:54:
Kobalt wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 17:37:
Like the moba genre pre dota 2, it's becoming increasing ridiculous that no major studio has made a battleground game(the division dlc doesn't count). EA already has the tech, increase the map size and player count in battlefield(maybe tone down the physics to compensate) and they would be good to go.

What do you mean, like a 100+ player DM(single elimination or otherwise) style game in a Battlefield engine variant?

I know PUsB (tm) is popular at the moment, but is this really a new genre? There's that and H1Z1:KotK right? Technically both by the same guy?

I've watched some videos of PU BATTLEGROUNDS, and the formula seems more than a bit rough around the edges... spawn, loot guns, walk around a LOT, brief period of fighting, death/victory, repeat ad nauseam. My opinion, of course; clearly it's crazily popular.

I find trying to be the last man standing out of a hundred players is much more intense and satisfying experience than trying to top a scoreboard every round.

The open worldness and dynamicness also adds the experience.

I'm also surprised no AAA company has attempted this game type either, it's been proven to be hugely popular.

Just as long as Blizzard doesn't come along and ruin the genre entirely by dumbing it down the masses.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 9, 17:37 Re: Steam Top 10 Kobalt
  2. Apr 9, 17:54  Re: Steam Top 10 MoreLuckThanSkill
>> 3. Apr 9, 18:39   Re: Steam Top 10 Osc8r
  4. Apr 9, 19:59   Re: Steam Top 10 Kobalt
  5. Apr 9, 21:43    Re: Steam Top 10 Burrito of Peace
  6. Apr 10, 06:02     Re: Steam Top 10 VaranDragon
  7. Apr 10, 07:04   Re: Steam Top 10 Muscular Beaver
  8. Apr 10, 07:08    Re: Steam Top 10 Muscular Beaver

footer

Blue's News logo