Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup

• GODS Remastered -- Steam Greenlight. "In cooperation with Mike Montgomery, one of the original founders of The Bitmap Brothers, and Sound of Games, we developed a remastered version of the legendary Amiga/Atari ST action platformer GODS. The game itself can be seen as a predecessor of modern 3rd person Action games, paving the way with adaptive level design, puzzles and a lot of action!" Thanks Indie Retro News.
View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2017, 10:16 Slashman

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 19:32:
Sometimes a classic game is classic because its design transcended the limitations of the era. Without those limitations, due to the advance of technology, those games would just look and play terribly. This is that game...

Pretty much. This isn't a needed thing...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2017, 21:44 Burrito of Peace

I remember playing the original on my Atari ST as a kid. It was awesome for the time. Some things are better left to their historical legacy.

Though, that being said, I think Sun Dog was way ahead of its time and would be better done today with modern engines and technology.

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2017, 19:32 Eirikrautha

Sometimes a classic game is classic because its design transcended the limitations of the era. Without those limitations, due to the advance of technology, those games would just look and play terribly. This is that game...  

1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 9, 2017, 19:04 jimeh

Looks worse? No title tune? Thumbsdown  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >