Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details

The Battlefield website maps out "the road ahead for Battlefield 1," with an outline of plans for the World War I first-person shooter. They announce their seasonal updates are giving way to monthly updates, saying, "we’re going to bring you more of what you want, faster than ever." Their planned spring update is still on the way, though, and they outline the new Platoons feature it will bring. They also tip their hand about other in-game improvements and tweaks on the way. Finally, they offer details on their next DLC pack, The Name of the Tsar (Nicholas II... what do I win?). This will add the Russian forces who fought in the war amidst revolutions in their home country. They provide some concept art and this outline of what to expect:
We can’t talk about the “road ahead” without mentioning the upcoming expansions. Each one is packed with new maps, weapons, vehicles, and game modes. We have so much more to share about the Great War!

Battlefield 1 In The Name Of The Tsar will bring you to the Eastern Front, where you will fight alongside the Russian army and witness the brutality of combat and the bitter cold of the Russian winters, as seen in the concept exploration images in this post. Prepare yourself for all new tactics employed by the Russian army. Though the frost is cold, the steel is colder.

Thanks for reading – we hope you’re as excited for the road ahead as we are. Keep the feedback coming and we’ll see you on the battlefield.
View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 11:33 Kosh401

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 15:30:
"what you want"

Hopefully that translates to less grenade spam.

Yeah, on the CTE (test server/environment) they already stated they are going to revert the auto replenish change for grenades on the next live update. So they do listen, at least some of the time!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 09:04 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 05:48:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 04:01:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 23:24:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 23:16:
Player population is pretty low on PC, only way I'd play on console is with mouse and keyboard support.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/insights/population

What the hell are you talking about, 35000 is low?? some games I play on PC barely have 1000 people.

Seriously... May not be mega-popular, but 35k peak puts it up there with the Top 20 Steam games.

Yeah, but CS:GO has a cool half mil. HALF A MILLION. That's like, like infinite choice, man.
Infinite choice of morons with zero chance of quality, but still infinite choice.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

13. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 05:48 jdreyer

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 04:01:
Player population is pretty low on PC, only way I'd play on console is with mouse and keyboard support.

What the hell are you talking about, 35000 is low?? some games I play on PC barely have 1000 people.

Seriously... May not be mega-popular, but 35k peak puts it up there with the Top 20 Steam games.

Yeah, but CS:GO has a cool half mil. HALF A MILLION. That's like, like infinite choice, man.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

12. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 04:01 jacobvandy

11. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 9, 2017, 00:52 DangerDog

off peak there are twice as many on console.

10. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 23:24 OldDirtyEwok

9. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 23:16 DangerDog

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 19:39 Kosumo

fishingtime wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 14:59:
its an awful game from an awful company. a once great franchise has been ruined due to corporate greed

Nice post, full of information, easy to understand your point, you out lined the issues well.

7. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 15:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

"what you want"

Hopefully that translates to less grenade spam.

Aside from that, I'm still having fun with BF1, in Large Conquest mode. (64 player)

It seems like utter blowouts are less common these days, going by my own experiences/anecdotal evidence only. The guns are mostly balanced, vehicles mostly the same.

Notable exceptions: The fighters, particularly the Trench Dart version, are probably a bit too good against infantry, while still being very fast and maneuverable and good against other planes. I'd settle for them taking more damage from infantry guns at this point, and a very public notice that infantry guns do MORE damage against them, so people don't try to just run when they see one coming.

But yes, gas grenade/incendiary grenade spam was bad before, it seems a lot more annoying with slow grenade regen.

6. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 14:59 fishingtime

its an awful game from an awful company. a once great franchise has been ruined due to corporate greed  

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 12:34 OldDirtyEwok

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 11:51:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 11:20:

FYI there is a hardcore mode.

Oh shit, really? Pie on my face.

In the custom server section.

4. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 11:51 Wallshadows

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 11:20:

Oh shit, really? Pie on my face.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 8, 2017, 11:35 Task

If these games were moddable there already would have been a project reality or forgotten hope rendition by now.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 11:20 OldDirtyEwok

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 10:37:
I wish they'd decide whether they want this to be an arcade shooter or something with a little more realism to drive the whole "WW1 was brutally cruel" aspect because nothing sucks you out of the horrors of war more than health regen, nerf guns and vehicles (especially horses) built out of adamantium.

At least give an optional hardcore mode like the one in BFBC2 or something otherwise I just can't really see myself getting back in to it.

It's a Battlefield game first and foremost, a more realistic experience(like red orchestra) would probably suck a lot of fun out of it.

There's a bolt action only mode but nobody plays it on PC, I have to go on PS4 to play it.

1. Re: Battlefield 1 Monthly Updates Planned; New Expansion Details Apr 8, 2017, 10:37 Wallshadows

I wish they'd decide whether they want this to be an arcade shooter or something with a little more realism to drive the whole "WW1 was brutally cruel" aspect because nothing sucks you out of the horrors of war more than health regen, nerf guns and vehicles (especially horses) built out of adamantium.

At least give an optional hardcore mode like the one in BFBC2 or something otherwise I just can't really see myself getting back in to it.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >