Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released

Publisher Gearbox and developer People Can Fly announce the release of Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition, the reloaded version of Bulletstorm, their first-person shooter. The game is available for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, with the Windows edition available on Steam. Also now on Steam is an expansion for this called Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour, which allows you to play through the game as Duke Nukem for an extra five bucks. The launch trailer for this came out a couple of weeks ago, and here's word from Gearbox that doesn't sound like your father's Shugashack: "It has been an honor working with People Can Fly to help bring new gamers to the franchise People Can Fly has built with Bulletstorm," said Steve Gibson, Head of Gearbox Publishing. "Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is truly the definitive version of the game, as it takes the experience to a new level of presentation and graphical fidelity that has exceeded expectation. Whether this is your first time playing in this universe, or you’re coming back to Stygia, there are incredible new experiences waiting for you." Here's more:

Developer People Can Fly and publisher Gearbox Publishing are pleased to announce that Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition launches today on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC. Featuring updated hi-res textures, increased polygon counts, sterling audio, smoother framerates, and running in up to 4K resolution on PC and PS4™ Pro, this upgraded and definitive version of the action-packed, critically-acclaimed first-person shooter comes with all the previously-released DLC along with brand-new content.

For the first time ever, players will get the chance to play Bulletstorm as the iconic Duke Nukem in Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. Featuring a rerecorded script and brand new lines from the voice of Duke, Jon St. John, the Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour add-on content will replace main character Grayson Hunt with The King himself and provide players with a whole new butt-kicking perspective on the cult-classic shooter. Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour is now available for digital purchase for $4.99.

“Everyone at People Can Fly is thrilled to be bringing Bulletstorm back to gamers around the world,” said Sebastian Wojciechowski, president of People Can Fly. “The team has poured their hearts into this project, and worked tirelessly to ensure that this is the best Bulletstorm experience for fans the world over. We are thrilled to be bringing this franchise, which we hold dear to our hearts, to a new generation of gamers.”

Now available on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Windows PC, Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition is the ultimate Bulletstorm experience, and includes:

• The Total Package – All previously-released content, including the Gun Sonata and Blood Symphony add-on packs, now on modern platforms.
  • New Overkill Campaign Mode – Upon completing the main campaign, blast through this New Game+ mode with an unrestricted arsenal of weapons and Skillshots.
  • New Echo Maps – Players can showcase their skills on six brand-new levels for the score-based Echo Mode.
  • Killer Visuals – Presented with updated models, environments, and animations all running at 60fps across all platforms.
  • The Art of Destruction – Pull off masterful kills by mixing fast-paced gunplay with unique kick, slide, and leash combos.
  • Visceral Audio – Orchestrate a crescendo of chaos with newly remastered audio effects.
  • Duke Nukem’s Bulletstorm Tour – Play through the entire Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition campaign as Duke Nukem, featuring full voice over and brand-new lines from Jon St. John, the original voice of Duke.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 9, 2017, 21:35 Jerykk

Hump wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 17:52:
If Epic had left PCF alone to do the game they wanted it wouldve been amazing. Instead they forced CliffyB. into the role of producer and we got Bulletstorm. Essentially Gears of War with a snarky, unfunny dialogue script.

Im so glad that little pile of Ego has left Epic. He's not nearly as talented as both he and his fans think....

I never understood the Gears comparisons. Bulletstorm plays nothing like Gears. Gears is a third-person cover shooter that encourages defensive playstyles. Bulletstorm is a first-person run & gun shooter that encourages aggressive playstyles. They are essentially polar opposites within the shooter genre.

I know it's cool (or at least, it was cool 6 years ago) to hate on Cliffy B but that doesn't mean you should make fundamentally flawed comparisons.

Back on topic, I'm glad to see Bulletstorm getting another chance to shine without GfWL. From what I've read, this remaster is solid and the best way to play the game. However, charging $50 for it is insane. It should be $20 max. Nobody is going to pay $50 for a remaster of a low profile, 6-year-old game, especially when there's so much competition out right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 9, 2017, 12:32 Beamer

Hump wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 12:04:
Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 02:32:
If Epic had left PCF alone to do the game they wanted it wouldve been amazing. Instead they forced CliffyB. into the role of producer and we got Bulletstorm. Essentially Gears of War with a snarky, unfunny dialogue script.

Im so glad that little pile of Ego has left Epic. He's not nearly as talented as both he and his fans think....

I mean, you know that you can easily find the credits on Mobygames or YouTube, right? CliffyB was not the producer. CliffyB was not involved.

ERM, we're both wrong. CliffyB. is listed as the "designer". It still puts his paw prints on the responsibility of the quality of the game.

No, he's not. He's listed as the Design Director of Epic Games. It's way after the full credits of People Can Fly. Which he was - he was the Design Director of Epic. But he didn't have much to do with Bulletstorm, which was done by PCF. He may have had some feedback, but it isn't a game he worked directly on, because he was part of the parent company, not PCF. That's why he's so far down the credits. There are over a hundred names before his.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 9, 2017, 12:04 Hump

Beamer wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 02:32:

I mean, you know that you can easily find the credits on Mobygames or YouTube, right? CliffyB was not the producer. CliffyB was not involved.

ERM, we're both wrong. CliffyB. is listed as the "designer". It still puts his paw prints on the responsibility of the quality of the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 9, 2017, 02:32 Beamer

-------------

12. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 23:05 Flatline

Went back and played through the first third of the 360 game.

It is about what I remember. Interesting ideas, but they don't give you enough basic tools to make the skill kills varied and interesting. It ended up getting boring.

Also the profanity and zaniness was kind of. Well no. It was stupid and uneven in tone compared with the story. And I've noticed that they seem to be really minimizing the entire story/campaign experience in their ad campaign.

The core elements are fun. But instead of trick kills they needed to build like... I dunno, a combo system like in a street fighter game.

11. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 17:52 Hump

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 16:29 loomy

"here's word from Gearbox that doesn't sound like your father's Shugashack: "It has been an honor working with People Can Fly to help bring new gamers to the franchise People Can Fly has built with Bulletstorm," said Steve Gibson, Head of Gearbox Publishing."

I don't know if anyone else got that blue

9. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 15:40 Beamer

Tool wrote on Apr 8, 2017, 02:39:
Why no mention of this on Origin? I own Bulletstorm on Origin. I guess no cheap update correct?

Entirely different publisher, which makes it hard.

I loved Bulletstorm. Loved. Part of that is probably low expectations, but it really gave me a sense of glee few games do. But I still have the disc for the 360 somewhere, and still have that 360 somewhere. I can replay it if I want.

If this hits $5, it's a no-brainer to me. If it hits $10, I'd probably still grab it. Maybe $20 if I hadn't played it. So I think it'll be a hard sell at $60, because I'm one of this game's biggest cheerleaders (it had flaws, but had some of the most enjoyable set-pieces, and the primary mechanic was a blast.)

-------------

8. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 04:19 ViRGE

Bulletstorm is a game that could have been good, but it had two fatal flaws that it doesn't sound like this re-release does anything to fix.

1) The profanity-laden script. It wasn't even so bad it was good. It was just bad in a written by a 13 year old sort of way.

2) The 2 weapon limit. Console shooters in general are bad about this, but in a game that invites you to have fun with the guns, it means that you're forced to pick practical weapons over fun weapons.

7. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 03:05 Tool

Test. Thanks.  

6. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 8, 2017, 02:39 Tool

Why no mention of this on Origin? I own Bulletstorm on Origin. I guess no cheap update correct?  

5. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 7, 2017, 22:14 Prez

Yeah, I'm not interested in this at full price either. I can only assume the only people who are never bought the original.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 7, 2017, 20:44 Cutter

Yeah, I'm sure both people buying this are pretty excited about it. Wry

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Apr 7, 2017, 20:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, I thought the game was pretty fun too, but at this point I'd wait until it's about $20, maybe $30 considering the new stuff.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 7, 2017, 18:56 Agent.X7

Steam sale. Played the original, only paid like $30. Fun game, but not $50 fun.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

1. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Released Apr 7, 2017, 18:01 scratz

Fifty bucks, huh.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo