Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Squad Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway for Squad, offering the chance for you an 99 of your closest friends to face off in 50 vs 50 combat in this early access shooter. The game is on sale for half-off until Monday in case this works for you. Here's the pitch:

Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay, emphasizing both strong squad cohesion mechanics as well as larger scale coordination, tactics and planning. It features large open maps, vehicle-based combined arms gameplay, and player-constructed bases to create a heart-thumping, visceral gaming experience which mixes organized tactical multi-squad planning with split second decision-making in real-world scale firefights.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 23:38 rawbelly

I'm weird I guess. If I am playing a mp game and I hear someone talk I freeze like a deer in headlights and really quietly go to the options to turn it off. Like they can see me do it or something. It's the WORST thing to me. It's like this weird, twisted reality creeps into my escapism when I hear some stranger mumbling.

Friends in Discord I can do. But public voip...ewwwwwww. It's why I can't play games like these anymore.

I also play mmo's solo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 22:09 LittleMe

It plays silky smooth now. Last year it was micro stutter everywhere. Now I can play it. It's coming together nicely and for PRmod fans it's a must-buy. Game plays great but finding a slot on a server is more work than usual. TRY IT. ITS AWESOME.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

11. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 20:37 Sneakycamper

your right ! It was really bad for Graphics back in the day ! But the game has alot Issues and hope they get alot people to Buy it for $20.00 and Get a few patches going. Hell there is alot of New Steam Free to play games that are good to check out too ! This is one taken off my WishList. Thanks for your input.  

10. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 19:01 Agent.X7

Sneakycamper wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 14:48:
I tried ti and was really sad to see 90s State of the Art Models and Graphics on my gtx 1070 I was hoping it was at least Something really worth Buying. But no they want alot Kiddies to go play TRump War with Syria Ground troups Edition for $$ and hope it Catches.

You were clearly not around in the 90s or early 2000s.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

9. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 14:48 Sneakycamper

I tried ti and was really sad to see 90s State of the Art Models and Graphics on my gtx 1070 I was hoping it was at least Something really worth Buying. But no they want alot Kiddies to go play TRump War with Syria Ground troups Edition for $$ and hope it Catches.  

8. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 14:03 RedEye9

Jagacademy wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 13:51:
This game is incredibly overpriced at $40, needs to be $20 permanently.
Or just catch it when it goes on sale, which looks like everytime steam has a sale. https://steamdb.info/app/393380/

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

7. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 13:51 Jagacademy

This game is incredibly overpriced at $40, needs to be $20 permanently.  

6. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 12:39 yuastnav

Wasn't there a free weekend just a couple of months ago? Hmm... or maybe that was in summer. I don't remember.

I remember trying it and... well, I was not that impressed. But then again, I automatically compare these kinds of games to ARMA3 and so far nothing CAN compare to ARMA3, it's still king. So I'll stick with that.

5. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 12:33 maddog

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 11:08:
I was going to try it til I saw it's mp only. Too bad.

I doubt we will ever see a game dev that can do large scale AI for a large open shooter, much less with needing detailed command structure. I cringe when I say this because DICE did a pretty good job of it with BF2 but I think, as far as I know (few exceptions of course, Angels Fall First) we will probably never see this happen.

4. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 12:20 Rhett

It's kind of only something you can appreciate with other people... Getting a squad leader, him coordinating with other squads and seeing people work together is pretty cool.

I don't know if there will be bots/PVE though.

3. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 12:10 Joss

You WILL get ONLINE and MAKE FRIENDS!

2. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 11:08 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Squad Free Weekend Apr 7, 2017, 10:32 Bludd

Squad is great, it's not as hardcore as Arma, and not as arcadey as Battlefield.

It is still early access, but it receives regular updates. It is made by people who made the Project Reality mod for BF2

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo