Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week

The Mass Effect website outlines "The Journey Ahead in the promised update on plans for Mass Effect: Andromeda. They promise a new version 1.05 patch Thursday which will include quality of life improvements and gameplay changes for the space sequel as detailed in these patch notes. They are also addressing complaints about character animations, so they've brought in Hannibal Chew to work on eyes. They also discuss plans for more cosmetic fixes and gameplay changes to expect over the next couple of months. Here's word:
This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

• More options and variety in the character creator
  • Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
  • Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
  • Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
  • Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams

These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 6, 2017, 21:13 Creston

NKD wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 19:54:
Anyone come up with a build that can take out on Architect on Insanity without using cover? I try to avoid using cover as much as possible usually but on Insanity it's pretty difficult. My character is an Adept glass cannon right now for example and my shields last maybe 2 or 3 shots from a fodder enemy. The only reason I live is amazing offense and crowd control.

I could make a cheesy i-frame build I guess and just avoid attacks that way.

I would imagine technically any build can take out the Architect without cover, but I'm not sure you'd want to run that 20 minutes worth of risk of making a single mistake and dying?

In any case, Cloak + Sniper is just about the only way I've found that really does much of anything against an Architect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 22:25 ItBurn

Kxmode wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 22:03:
@OpticNerve - You should play the revised ending. It's much better. Also, play the Citadel DLC. It'll give the series a nice bit of closure.

I didn't think that the ending was that bad when I played it, but it could have been so much better. The revised ending didn't improve anything at all in my opinion though.

56. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 22:03 Kxmode

@OpticNerve - You should play the revised ending. It's much better. Also, play the Citadel DLC. It'll give the series a nice bit of closure.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

55. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 20:32 OpticNerve

Yeah, choice seemed to mostly be fake or gimmicky in the original trilogy aside from the companion you chose to live in the first game. I remember people complaining specifically about Mass Effect 3 due to that (which was quickly overshadowed by the shitty ending controversy). Players expected that all of these dramatic moral decisions you made in ME 1 and 2 would actually be important in ME3. Instead, the result was that you got a thank you e-mail or some brief conversation from some surviving NPC standing in a town

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2017, 22:18.

54. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 20:22 JohnQP

NKD: Not just dancers. Don't forget "one half of every interracial/same-sex relationship The Narrative pushes." (Reminds me of a certain Earth group, actually.)

Dude? It's all over da "daaaahhhknet" (version 1.04 at least)

I don't wait for games to drop with my hands cupped anymore. Or at all. That I found out that ME:A dropped within a few days of it happening is a dramatic testament to my interest in the series. Same goes for its release date.

Fucken queue your voice batches Bioware.

This was a big issue in the original series. Halfway through an infodump you open a door or just walk into the next open area (because when you're on a mission you don't stop for tea, you listen to Cortana VXMCMIII on the run), and you're left guessing because the voiceover either cuts out, or gets replaced by a second. I managed to rush into a couple of cross-talking conversations, too. That's fun.

I think the maps would've benefited from being a bit more empty in general - just let me drive around in peace without stumbling over something to scan every two seconds.

Games suffer from a huge pacing problem. They have to cater to the LCD, which seems to be something like a 15 year old with OCD. I agree, I'd rather do (a lot) less scanning, have it take longer, and be narrative-focused in results.

Choice was the hallmark of the series and it feels like an afterthought here.

Dialog agency in ME always seemed patently illusory to me, with some exceptions: "this is gonna happen; decide how we spin the narrative; once in a blue you make an actual choice." Frankly, it never bothered me. Games are very finite, and I expect them to be for the forseeable future. Jumping from isometric and mostly text-based to 3d and voice-based really sucked the dialog complexity from Bioware games.

53. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 19:54 NKD

Anyone come up with a build that can take out on Architect on Insanity without using cover? I try to avoid using cover as much as possible usually but on Insanity it's pretty difficult. My character is an Adept glass cannon right now for example and my shields last maybe 2 or 3 shots from a fodder enemy. The only reason I live is amazing offense and crowd control.

I could make a cheesy i-frame build I guess and just avoid attacks that way.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

52. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 19:18 Kxmode

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

I'll wait "Over the next two months" so I can get the more polished experience. Thanks $60 early access testers!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

51. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 18:33 mellis

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:22:
Whelp, ME:A's Denuvo lasted all of 11 days. I feel bad for devs. I'm content to wait as long as it takes for the cracked version to come along, if it ever does, but there are tons of kids who become more likely to buy every day a game's protection holds up. 11 days ain't long.

Not Denuvo's fault. Resident Evil suffered the same fate (oh look - a demo before release) yet Nier Automata (no demo) is still holding back the swarthy swashbucklers.

If you're from EA and you're reading this; don't release unprotected demos of your games in advance. You just make the crackers job super easy and no protection is going to be able to save your product.

50. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 17:39 AngelicPenguin

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 19:40:
Oh, I forgot they saved the best joke of their retarded post for the final paragraph...

And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Right. Is that why them fuckers shut down the BSN forums because they oh so loooove to listen to what people think? Where do they think people are s'posed ta leave their feedback? On fucking Facebook? Or Twitter with its retarded character limit where you can't even begin to describe 0.0001% of the shittiness of this abortion?

LULZ. First the game's a complete shallow, casual, dumb as shit clusterfuck and now they are trying to put out the fires with gasoline. Good job, EA. Rock on.

I dunno man - if you give feedback on a forum and you talk like this, no wonder they would ignore it.

49. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2017, 17:11 Verno

peteham wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 16:34:
Agree on the dialogue system. With some notable exceptions, most of it boiled down to nice Ryder vs. snarky Ryder. And the annoyance of abbreviated labels returns. So infuriating when the character ends up saying something completely different to what I intended. I like what they were aiming for by removing paragon/renegade though. I.e. having choices and consequences but no defined "good" or "bad" path as such (like Deus Ex).

If that's what they were aiming for then they've failed miserably, at least where I'm at. Choice was the hallmark of the series and it feels like an afterthought here. Yeah for sure, its infuriating and pulls you right out of the game when your character says something totally different from your choices too and this has that in spades.

Been trying to put my finger on what's so different between ME:A and Witcher 3 in the quest department; the "tasks" really boil down to the same thing but everything felt a lot more fetchy in ME:A whereas it didn't in Witcher. And OTOH ME:A's combat is vastly superior to Witcher, but it still manages to be less enjoyable overall for me. Maybe it's the writing. Or maybe it's just another dozen months of Open World Fatigue(tm). The whole "here's some wreckage - scan five more and I can locate the signal!" schtick of ME:A didn't help, though. I think the maps would've benefited from being a bit more empty in general - just let me drive around in peace without stumbling over something to scan every two seconds. Eladen was slightly better than the other planets for this, I found. Eos was kind'a terrible with respawning MMO-style Kett-camps every two feet.

I've encountered almost nothing except fetch quests and slight variations thereof. I'm not sure what is off with the execution here but I agree with you, its way worse than other games. The sheer volume of shit they throw at you makes the constant sorting and prioritization just extremely tedious, its a bit depressing. I can't help but think of how little regard developers have for their customers when I'm hit with this stuff repeatedly.

Can't wait for that patch by the way, whoever thought these unskippable sequences were a good idea needs to be shot into orbit.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

48. Re: Game Reviews Apr 5, 2017, 16:34 peteham

Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 14:51:
Playing the PC version right now and this game is really tedious when you're not in combat or just roaming around in the Nomad. Is every single quest in this game just a fetch variation? I hope the other planets are an improvement, this is even more obnoxious than DA:I. The dialogue complaints are definitely something I would share, a noticeable decline in characterization and the new dialogue system sucks so far. They said this would lead to more personalized main characters but so far it just seems to be similar dialogue that is not what the label says anyway. I miss Paragon and Renegade so much, this stuff from DA:I is not an improvement.

I guess I should say something positive. I love exploring again, loved it in ME1 and love it here. Visually the game is gorgeous too...until you see the character models and animations. I'm surprised so many people were defending this, it seems like a huge step back in quality from the prior games in almost every way. There better be a big jump up as this goes on.

Edit: What's a good build to just power through the main story? I'm not interested in prolonging my time with the game but want to give the main story a chance.
Agree on the dialogue system. With some notable exceptions, most of it boiled down to nice Ryder vs. snarky Ryder. And the annoyance of abbreviated labels returns. So infuriating when the character ends up saying something completely different to what I intended. I like what they were aiming for by removing paragon/renegade though. I.e. having choices and consequences but no defined "good" or "bad" path as such (like Deus Ex).

As for the game picking up, not sure you'll ever get that big jump. But for me, I kind of fell into some kind of groove about 5-8 hours in, without the game actually having changed much.. The game definitely has pacing issues, though. I think most people are going to feel they're stuck on the Nexus for too long, after the intro mission, for one. I guess you could leave right away but who's going to? We've been trained for decades to talk to everyone and pick up every quest, after all Speaking about pacing: The infernal scanner. Oh it could be worse, at least you just whip it out and insta-scan. It's just that with the reliance on research points, you feel compelled to use it _constantly_. I'd be in the middle of a set piece with explosions everywhere and someone yelling on comms for me to hurry, and I'd be like "yeah yeah, whatever, I'm gonna circle the room and check for things to scan first".. Total momentum-killer.

Been trying to put my finger on what's so different between ME:A and Witcher 3 in the quest department; the "tasks" really boil down to the same thing but everything felt a lot more fetchy in ME:A whereas it didn't in Witcher. And OTOH ME:A's combat is vastly superior to Witcher, but it still manages to be less enjoyable overall for me. Maybe it's the writing. Or maybe it's just another dozen months of Open World Fatigue(tm). The whole "here's some wreckage - scan five more and I can locate the signal!" schtick of ME:A didn't help, though. I think the maps would've benefited from being a bit more empty in general - just let me drive around in peace without stumbling over something to scan every two seconds. Eladen was slightly better than the other planets for this, I found. Eos was kind'a terrible with respawning MMO-style Kett-camps every two feet.

47. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 16:28 OpticNerve

Verno wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 14:51:
Edit: What's a good build to just power through the main story? I'm not interested in prolonging my time with the game but want to give the main story a chance.

You could give this build a try. It pretty much has most of your bases covered. You can stick with ranged fighting by using guns and comboing Incinerate and Drain Energy (which will keep your shields and health topped up) and if someone's dumb enough to get near you, you can use Shockwave to float them up to set up for more combos as well. This build works extremely well with the Life Support perk and with the gun mod that drains some health whenever you "reload" a weapon. Due to the regen you get from casting Incinerate and Energy Drain combined with that gun mod, you can turn any slow single-shot weapon into a rapid fire gun of doom with unlimited ammo (ie. the Dahn shotgun or that alien single-shot sniper rifle).

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 00:32:
I've been running a really fun tech/biotic hybrid build with Incinerate/Energy Drain/Shockwave in the Biotic Profile (for more combo explosions). All specced to prime AND trigger combos. Start off with Shockwave to float enemies in the air and then start spamming Incinerate and Energy Drain for mass combo explosions everywhere. The best part is that if you also max out the Team Support tech tree for Life Support, every time you cast Incinerate and Energy Drain, you're constantly regenerating your health (combined with Drain's shield leech).

I'll probably up the difficulty to Insanity for my New Game+ since nothing has killed me yet once I switched to this build.

46. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 14:51 Verno

Playing the PC version right now and this game is really tedious when you're not in combat or just roaming around in the Nomad. Is every single quest in this game just a fetch variation? I hope the other planets are an improvement, this is even more obnoxious than DA:I. The dialogue complaints are definitely something I would share, a noticeable decline in characterization and the new dialogue system sucks so far. They said this would lead to more personalized main characters but so far it just seems to be similar dialogue that is not what the label says anyway. I miss Paragon and Renegade so much, this stuff from DA:I is not an improvement.

I guess I should say something positive. I love exploring again, loved it in ME1 and love it here. Visually the game is gorgeous too...until you see the character models and animations. I'm surprised so many people were defending this, it seems like a huge step back in quality from the prior games in almost every way. There better be a big jump up as this goes on.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2017, 15:19.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

45. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 14:14 Bundy

NKD wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 12:00:
JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:30:
P.S., how does that whole "aloof and snobby Asari" thing stand next to the "hookers of the galaxy" thing? Not disagreeing with you, but, 2+2, shouldn't Asari be a laughing stock? (Sounds like a dev has a Madonna/Whore complex)

Bioware has kind of retconned the whole Asari dancer thing. They've been portrayed differently, particularly since ME3. In Andromeda you've got Asari doing just about everything except dancing. Scientists, pilots, mercs, diplomats, merchants, criminals, etc.

I've always felt the Asari were little more than a cheap sci fi ploy. Some super horny dev came up with that idea. "Let's create a crazy sexy alien. And they're all women and they all want to have sex. ALL. THE. TIME!" Wouldn't be surprised if they weren't modeled after his secret crush. Since they all look exactly the same

44. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 14:11 Bundy

Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 12:03:
OpticNerve wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:31:
There'll also be one more upcoming patch fix that was tweeted by the lead designer:

Ian S. Frazier: Among other things, this patch reduces the frequency of common "interruptors" such as SAM's hazard updates.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm on Elaaden now, and dear God it's even more annoying here than it was on Voeld...

Oh these are terrible. I've missed a lot of what feels is important updates and dialog because of this. SAM or some crew mate will be telling me history or lore and then, "Pathfinder, the temperature has fallen". And that's it, if I wasn't johny on the spot and read the subtitles fast enough, I've missed that important information forever. Fucken queue your voice batches Bioware.

43. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 14:07 CJ_Parker

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:22:
I'm content to wait as long as it takes for the cracked version to come along, if it ever does...

Dude? It's all over da "daaaahhhknet" (version 1.04 at least) .
Makes me a happy camper, too. Means that the price will drop even faster and that fully patched GOTY for $10 to $20 should be here in about a year at the latest.
DAI also dropped very fast and SWBF was free-falling just three months after release. EA usually discounts fast'n'deep and probably even faster if the game's been h4XX0red. Good news all around.

Also, remember: According to many very expert folks especially here on BN, piracy does not hurt sales at all but it actually boosts sales because of the word of mouth marketing so EA is probably shitting themselves out of sheer happiness right now.

42. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 5, 2017, 12:03 Creston

OpticNerve wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:31:
There'll also be one more upcoming patch fix that was tweeted by the lead designer:

Ian S. Frazier: Among other things, this patch reduces the frequency of common "interruptors" such as SAM's hazard updates.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm on Elaaden now, and dear God it's even more annoying here than it was on Voeld...

41. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 12:00 NKD

JohnQP wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:30:
P.S., how does that whole "aloof and snobby Asari" thing stand next to the "hookers of the galaxy" thing? Not disagreeing with you, but, 2+2, shouldn't Asari be a laughing stock? (Sounds like a dev has a Madonna/Whore complex)

Bioware has kind of retconned the whole Asari dancer thing. They've been portrayed differently, particularly since ME3. In Andromeda you've got Asari doing just about everything except dancing. Scientists, pilots, mercs, diplomats, merchants, criminals, etc.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

40. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 10:24 RedEye9

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 10:14:
so they've brought in Hannibal Chew to work on eyes.
what an odd statement

only if you don't understand the reference.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

39. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patch This Week Apr 5, 2017, 10:22 JohnQP

Whelp, ME:A's Denuvo lasted all of 11 days. I feel bad for devs. I'm content to wait as long as it takes for the cracked version to come along, if it ever does, but there are tons of kids who become more likely to buy every day a game's protection holds up. 11 days ain't long.

But dang, now Bioware says the patch is about to drop this week. Not sure if I should wait for a torrent with the patch included, or dive in right now. It's ME, so I'm sorely tempted to just dive right in. Yeah, who am I kidding? *runs to put on swim trunks*

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >