Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update

The Sins of a Solar Empire forums have details on a new patch that's now live in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, updating the 4X space strategy game to version 1.9. This marks the fifth anniversary of the series, and takes the occasion to modernize the game's graphics a bit, and they further celebrate by putting it on sale on the Stardock Store and on Steam. They shows off how that looks in this trailer, and these patch notes outline all the changes. Here's a bit:

With the latest upgrade the game engine can now access twice the previous memory allowing for improved rendering, extreme textures, and more content. Modders can now focus on their creations instead of worrying about reaching the previous limit. Every existing mod will now benefit from all the rendering and performance improvements automatically.

Highlights include:

• Improved rendering for 4K with extreme textures, shadows, and more
  • Scaleable User Interface for 4K monitors
  • Improved modding capabilities
  • Refined AI for better gameplay
  • Free update

Numerous performance enhancements make for better battles and a better late game experience. Adjustments to the AI make for more challenging and engaging gameplay overall, and support for user interface scaling has the game looking its best ever.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 19:24 Darks

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:05:
Darks wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 00:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 00:45:
Does anyone know how I get my game when I owned it on Stardocks store (Impulse) or whatever?

you should be able to get it off their store or the client they released I believe.

I played the new update tonight with some friends and man, the game really looks good with the new Extreme graphics settings. Love how this game after 5 years still manages to shines and play so well. best of all the space RTS games. cant understand why IC still has not released a part 2.

Eh. no.. you gotta go here
store.stardock.com
And you get a steam key. Good

Not good, download link for earlier Sins links me to... GameStop which does not accept my stardock account details... but it allowed me to register my keys in their (horrific) GameStop app with a new account, all good now.

But I guess I will put all those other old games I had on Impulse on my NAS ;p

If you cant get your old game going, go and buy a new copy. its only 10 dollars. and the game deserves the support.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 18:32 Leper

Stellaris reminds me a lot of this game, although I have to admit that I probably had more fun playing Sins back in the day. I might have to check out this new update.  

10. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 05:31 SpectralMeat

Nut wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:47:
To anyone reading this not already familiar with "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion":

If you have any love or suspicion of love with hybrid RTS/4x space strategy, get it.

It's a truly deep and spectacular game, with a lot of depth, and still very good in single player.

Tbh it shines in multiplayer but the learning curve is daunting. I played a lot of SP and only a little MP and don't regret it (too much).

Tons of depth and variety, given that this is the collection of the game plus all of its expansion packs. It's a classic.

I have it and only played a few hours of it.
I should give it some more time and see if I can get into it, since everyone and their dog is loving this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 03:05 eRe4s3r

Darks wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 00:52:
Does anyone know how I get my game when I owned it on Stardocks store (Impulse) or whatever?

you should be able to get it off their store or the client they released I believe.

I played the new update tonight with some friends and man, the game really looks good with the new Extreme graphics settings. Love how this game after 5 years still manages to shines and play so well. best of all the space RTS games. cant understand why IC still has not released a part 2.

Eh. no.. you gotta go here
store.stardock.com
And you get a steam key. Good

Not good, download link for earlier Sins links me to... GameStop which does not accept my stardock account details... but it allowed me to register my keys in their (horrific) GameStop app with a new account, all good now.

But I guess I will put all those other old games I had on Impulse on my NAS ;p

8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 00:52 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Visual Update Apr 5, 2017, 00:45 eRe4s3r

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 21:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

LiTh wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:16:
Pretty awesome, although I really wish Ironclad would make a sequel.

Agreed, although I will definitely be reinstalling this to use this new version quite a bit. Every couple of months or so, I get in a SoaSE mood, and play some large system maps vs a full group of AIs. The OCD urges to build dozens of systems/starbases up, along with a massive fleet, gets sated.

Although I have to wonder why they are doing this for free... I mean they probably wouldn't sell much if they charged for it, but their MOBA tanked and has been removed from Steam entirely, and I'm not even sure if they are working on anything new right now. Surely they need some new revenue? Ironclad that is, not Stardock.

tldr; get working on SoaSE 2, Ironclad. 100% gauranteed buy for me, unless you turn it into a MOBA.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:57 headkase

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 4, 2017, 18:48:
Their bundles are retarded. There isn't a single one without the 9.99 soundtrack. Fine then. I'll just keep waiting until the base game and all DLC (sans the soundtrack which I don't give a flying fuck about) goes on sale for less than 10. They can rip off other people in the meantime. Assholes.

Entitled much? Over bloody pennies? Man, I wouldn't want you as a customer. If you're going to bitch about less than a Euro then you'll damn well be bitching over anything else less than perfection. And even that too. No, better you buy something else with your measly Euro and poison a different community with your vitriol.

Edit: missed the "9" I thought it was 0.99 Euros.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:48 CJ_Parker

Their bundles are retarded. There isn't a single one without the 9.99 soundtrack. Fine then. I'll just keep waiting until the base game and all DLC (sans the soundtrack which I don't give a flying fuck about) goes on sale for less than 10. They can rip off other people in the meantime. Assholes.  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:47 FloorPie

The ram fix should help a lot. There was a work around but late game battles can really bog the game down or crash it.

There are a ton of good mods out for it. My favorite is the Star Trek Armada3 mod.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

2. No subject Apr 4, 2017, 18:47 Nut

To anyone reading this not already familiar with "Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion":

If you have any love or suspicion of love with hybrid RTS/4x space strategy, get it.

It's a truly deep and spectacular game, with a lot of depth, and still very good in single player.

Tbh it shines in multiplayer but the learning curve is daunting. I played a lot of SP and only a little MP and don't regret it (too much).

Tons of depth and variety, given that this is the collection of the game plus all of its expansion packs. It's a classic.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2017, 18:16 LiTh

Pretty awesome, although I really wish Ironclad would make a sequel.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo