Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Quake Champions Trailer

Bethesda Softworks offers this trailer from Quake Champions, showing off some raw multiplayer footage from id Software's upcoming arena shooter. They also offer some first details on the game's first major tournament at QuakeCon 2017 and how it is possible to qualify:
QUAKECON BYOC OPEN QUALIFIER
Bethesda will be hosting the first major esports tournament for Quake Champions at this year’s Quakecon in Dallas. We’ll reveal more details about the tournament at E3.

While we’re not ready to talk in detail, we are announcing that one of the ways players can qualify for the Duel portion of the tournament is by competing in an open qualifier that will be held in the Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC) area of Quakecon, August 24-27, in Dallas, TX. Competitors who want a shot at competing versus the best in the world should make sure they secure their BYOC seat when they go on sale April 13 via the Quakecon web site.

OK, ON TO THE VIDEO!
Below you’ll find a video offering a sneak peek at raw gameplay, showcasing Anarki shredding Blood Covenant at insane speeds and making patently absurd shots. Shout out to ZeRo4 for showing us how it’s done.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 6, 2017, 08:55 Peeeling

To me it just... doesn't look very nice. The quad damage powerup looks like someone added it to Unity without a texture. The yellow... hourglasses? look awful. I've been playing that exact level in Quake Live with my daughter recently, and I honestly think the old one looks better. What's going on?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 13:37 Mordecai Walfish

Removed  

12. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 11:07 ItBurn

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 03:22:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 01:42:
Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.

There's a mod for that.

Actually, I see no evidence that mods will be possible. Just like Doom 2016, it seems like a closed game.

11. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 10:22 MajorD

Okay, wait.....is that a countdown timer icon for when the powerups and armor re-spawn? If so, that is dumbing things down a bit much, as remember having to time that in your head during intense deathmatch battles.

Still counting...

10. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 10:13 Vio

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 5, 2017, 07:57:
That doesn't look half bad, although the hp/armor/damage numbers seem off, compared to older Quake games. But hey, maybe they have a better balance plan?

This should make for some good youtube videos at least.
Each champion has it's own max HP. Anarki starts low but each time he injects the heal his max hp raises.

9. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 10:12 Vio

A bit slow, may have been just the FOV maybe - but it felt slower than qlive to me. Rocket seems under powered, needs more knock back/damage.  

8. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 08:29 Choachy

Have they said anything about different game play modes yet?

I desperately want to see Rocket Arena and CTF. I'm sure they will have mod support.

7. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 07:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

That doesn't look half bad, although the hp/armor/damage numbers seem off, compared to older Quake games. But hey, maybe they have a better balance plan?

This should make for some good youtube videos at least.

6. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 03:22 jdreyer

Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.

There's a mod for that.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

5. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 02:55 yuastnav

This video is dramatically better than all previous videos we've seen. I'm still left wondering why I should play this if I played Q3 to death and I'm tired of it. Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.

I would love to have a Quake e-sports scene again. I miss watching Q3 matches, the WCG, the CPL...

Also if he recently picked up Mega and Red Armour it would take three rockets. That guy took 100+94+100 damage.

I hope it will be possible to have a "clean" version of this game, without damage numbers and stupid announcements.

4. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 02:14 PacoTaco

a

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 01:10.

3. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 01:42 ItBurn

This video is dramatically better than all previous videos we've seen. I'm still left wondering why I should play this if I played Q3 to death and I'm tired of it. Also, 3 rockets for one kill? That seems like too much.  

2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 4, 2017, 18:35 Mordecai Walfish

I'm in. Looking forward to this!  

1. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 4, 2017, 18:26 RaZ0r!

That actually looks pretty promising...  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >