Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced

SEGA and Creative Assembly announce Total War: WARHAMMER II, new installment in their Total War series of strategy games that they say is the second installment in a Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy. They say this will come out this year, and the first look at what to expect comes in this CGI trailer. They promise more details to come, including the reveal of a fourth race. For now, here's what they have to say:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced the next game in the best-selling Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy. Total War: WARHAMMER II will be the second release in an ongoing partnership between globally-acclaimed developer Creative Assembly™ and Games Workshop®, creators of the world-renowned Warhammer® Fantasy Battles tabletop wargame and miniatures.

Total War: WARHAMMER II unveils the mystery-shrouded continents far to the west of The Old World. Featuring four iconic new races from the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world – the High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, and a fourth yet to be revealed – players will battle across enchanted isles, bleak hinterlands, treacherous swamps, and perilous jungles.

In a Total War campaign like no other, players will struggle for dominion over the ailing Great Vortex that has swirled for millennia above the elven homeland of Ulthuan. Performing a series of arcane rituals, each race must save or disrupt the Vortex according to their motivations – a struggle culminating in a cataclysmic endgame. Territorial conquest is no longer enough… this is a race for control that will define the fate of the world!

Total War: WARHAMMER II will offer hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay in this epic new campaign. Furthermore, a huge combined campaign map featuring the old and new world regions will be available for free shortly after release to players who own both Total War: WARHAMMER I & II.

“Total War: WARHAMMER II represents the next step in our trilogy, our vision for the most incredible fantasy strategy series ever made,” said Game Director, Ian Roxburgh. “The success of the first game has increased our ambition; we’re not only going to deliver a thrilling campaign in the sequel, but also an additional combined campaign, the biggest so far, for owners of both.”

“We're thrilled to see the sequel to last year’s smash hit Total War: Warhammer coming later this year.” Said Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop. “Sega and The Creative Assembly continue to astound us with their ability in crafting the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world in further glorious pageantry, with races never realised on this scale before in a video game. We are proud to be in partnership with them on this next great step in the franchise.”

What’s in Total War: WARHAMMER II?

• A new style of narrative campaign in which players race against the other factions to save or destroy the Great Vortex while thwarting competing Races
  • Players will build and expand empires, raise armies, develop cities and fight vivid grand-scale battles in the classic Total War style
  • This campaign is set across four mysterious new continents:
    • Ulthuan
    • Naggaroth
    • The Southlands
    • Lustria
  • Four new playable races, each with unique campaign mechanics and army rosters of Legendary Lords, Heroes, spellcasters, troops, monsters and siege weapons:
    • High Elves
    • Dark Elves
    • Lizardmen
    • And a fourth, yet to be revealed…
  • A suite of thrilling new campaign and battle features inspired by the Warhammer lore
  • Additionally, a vast combined campaign map covering the geographic areas of the first and second parts of the trilogy. Players will be able to embark on campaigns as any owned, playable race from both games. This will be available for free shortly after launch for owners of both games.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Apr 1, 2017, 11:37 Steele Johnson

RTS is one of those genres that just can't seem to evolve into something new and exciting, just like mmorpgs.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Apr 1, 2017, 10:51 Turd Ferguson

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 15:09:
This is very disappointing, I thought they would go back the historical route.

I believe there is another team working on historical TW, so lets not go on hating just yet.

Too soon? Maybe, maybe not but with adding soo many "new" races, their world map would need a bit of a overhaul, and naturally it makes sense to make a new game. Besides it's probably just about the same time frame as their other releases, so there should be a no surprise there.

Personally I enjoyed the shit out of TW:Warhammer, even more now that I bought the Blood for the Blood God DLC (25% off, better then nothing I guess) got over 200 Hrs in it and feels like I could put in another 100 Hrs easy. Interestingly I enjoyed it as much as I did TW:Shogun 2.
TW:Rome 2 got about 25 Hrs and then uninstall button restored my happiness

11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Apr 1, 2017, 06:35 VaranDragon

It was fun playing as a chaos warlord. The other races? Not so much. Im probably going to skip this.  

10. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 20:24 eRe4s3r

mellis wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 12:37:
In the old days this would be called an Expansion Pack

Well it still is an expansion, but naming wise it makes sense if you want to clarify that it is stand-alone in itself, but can work together with the first game for that big campaign experience, though I am not sure I would want 5 continents in a large campaign. Turn times are only gonna get worse.

9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 18:59 Leper

Orogogus wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 15:56:
When they announced the first game they said it was going to be a trilogy where all three games can link into one combined map.

Link

That being the case, it wouldn't be a good idea to spread them out too much since the engine would just get more and more outdated.

I guess that makes sense if that's their goal.

8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 15:56 Orogogus

When they announced the first game they said it was going to be a trilogy where all three games can link into one combined map.

Link

That being the case, it wouldn't be a good idea to spread them out too much since the engine would just get more and more outdated.

7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 15:54 Leper

It seems a bit early for a whole sequel. Hopefully they improve a everything across the board and this isn't solely cash grab. I'm pretty sick of the first one and wouldn't be interested in a sequel where it's just some new races and a new campaign.  

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 15:28 grudgebearer

Fourth race is probably going to be Skaven, given the rat in the last frame.  

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 15:09 OldDirtyEwok

This is very disappointing, I thought they would go back the historical route.  

4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 14:56 Wallshadows

Never really got in to the first. Something about it didn't feel right when compared to, say, Medieval.  

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 13:06 MacLeod

I feel like Warhammer and Warhammer 40k games come out faster than GW can put out new miniatures and rules now.  

2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 12:59 SpectralMeat

Going to skip this one. I haven't played the first one as much as I thought I would.
I've heard it was a pretty successful game though.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 12:37 mellis

In the old days this would be called an Expansion Pack  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo