Mass Effect Andromeda Plans

BioWare tweets their latest plans to address fan discontent with Mass Effect Andromeda (thanks Eurogamer). They use an image to get around the site's 140 character limit, since a picture says a thousand words. They promise to reveal specific plans on Tuesday:
It's been a week since we officially launched Mass Effect: Andromeda worldwide, and we couldn't be more excited that fans are finally experiencing everything we've worked so hard to create.

We've received quite a bit of feedback, some of it positive and some of it critical. That feedback is an important part of our ongoing support of the game, and we can't wait to share more of our immediate plans with you on Tuesday, April 4.

In the meantime, keep your feedback coming. Our team is listening, working around the clock to gather information and plan out solutions to improve and build on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Thanks for your continued support and for joining us on this journey.
View : : :
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  3  4  ] Newer

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
Mar 30, 2017, 10:49
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 10:49
Mar 30, 2017, 10:49

The game is fun, the plot is meh and the dialogue is atrociously bad.
The planets are massive
the combos are great
the settings are awesome.

I can't believe how stupid the prologue is.

Also, why can't they do emergency breathing using one helmet? I thought that part was horrible as well.

Mar 30, 2017, 10:54
Prez

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 10:54
Mar 30, 2017, 10:54
 Prez

Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andomeda will be discounted.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Mar 30, 2017, 11:05
Verno

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:05
Mar 30, 2017, 11:05
 Verno

Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:54:
Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andromeda will be discounted.

I don't know, I've played it and I think the games problems are pretty much in line with initial reports. I hear a lot of stuff from franchise fans that the critics were too harsh and yadda yadda but I think pretty much every criticism in the reviews I read were spot on. Enough so that I decided to wait it out for patches and polish.

You can already get this 25% off on several sites so it's going to be at least half off in no time and with some patches will be an even better deal. Do yourself a favor though and take a break after ME3 so you go into it with an open mind

Playing: Risk of Rain 2, Jedi Fallen Order, Last of Us II
Watching: Tenet, Peninsula, The Pale Door

Mar 30, 2017, 11:09
Prez

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:09
Mar 30, 2017, 11:09
 Prez

Verno wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:05:
Prez wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:54:
Having read that the initial reports of the game's problems were blown completely out of proportion, I can say that I'm back to wanting this game. Hopefully by the time I finish ME 3 Andromeda will be discounted.

I don't know, I've played it and I think the games problems are pretty much in line with initial reports. I hear a lot of stuff from franchise fans that the critics were too harsh and yadda yadda but I think pretty much every criticism in the reviews I read were spot on. Enough so that I decided to wait it out for patches and polish.

You can already get this 25% off on several sites so it's going to be at least half off in no time and with some patches will be an even better deal. Do yourself a favor though and take a break after ME3 so you go into it with an open mind

Oh I'm sure they are; I was more making the point that the game's confirmed problems don't make the entire package a pile of shit as was the theme of early reports.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Mar 30, 2017, 11:10
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:10
Mar 30, 2017, 11:10

I see what Blue did there! ME:A story right below the Witcher 3 story.

Now there is a comparison for you. How does ME:A compare to the Witcher3?

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Mar 30, 2017, 11:17
Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 11:17
Mar 30, 2017, 11:17

So they break their silence huh.

Since I played me1-3 for the star trekness and dialogue, Andromeda is looking like a hard pass since I don't play me games for the combat Alone.

Better luck next time Bioware Montreal C Team.

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 30, 2017, 11:21
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2017, 11:21
Mar 30, 2017, 11:21

They're basically pulling a Sean Murray by pretending the game isn't a bit of a wreck. I guess most of the problems are too fundamental to fix at this point so might as well not acknowledge them.

Mar 30, 2017, 11:25
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:25
Mar 30, 2017, 11:25

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 10:49:
The game is fun, the plot is meh and the dialogue is atrociously bad.
The planets are massive
the combos are great
the settings are awesome.

I can't believe how stupid the prologue is.

Also, why can't they do emergency breathing using one helmet? I thought that part was horrible as well.

Remember how Ryder went into a short coma? I allowed this to imply he was already too far gone for breath rotations using one helmet.

Fucking love the game. The story is weird at first but then i realized the awesome part: the natives of Andromeda were being defeated by the Kett, and then all of the sudden they get unexpected backup from the milkyway xP I think that premise really isn't that bad and actually kinda cool.

Mar 30, 2017, 11:40
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:40
Mar 30, 2017, 11:40

The game just came out guys, ease up on story spoilers. Use the secret tag.

Mar 30, 2017, 11:58
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 11:58
Mar 30, 2017, 11:58

With all it's glitchiness and B-C-D class dialogue - still having more fun with it than I did with Nier... and Nier was a pretty good game.

Mar 30, 2017, 12:20
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:20
Mar 30, 2017, 12:20

I just want a patch to fix the planet zooming every damn time I click to go somewhere. Need to visit another system with 0% explored? Better break out the phone so I can fuck around while it shows me the same animation over and over. I'm surprised their testers didn't go insane.

Mar 30, 2017, 12:28
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:28
Mar 30, 2017, 12:28

im not sure which significant changes will be in the upcoming patches.. but id expect skippable map animations at least

when it comes to facial animations, i dont really care about it - but if it is just based around algorithmic implementations rather than hand-rigging and keyframing, then it would certainly be possible to fine-tune them in a generalized way ... but who knows, they may be so embarrased they actually do go back in and personally touch each animation

of course there is no way to "fix" a storyline, and more importantly to me there is no way to add in more dialog options that actually change things or allow you to role-play Ryder in another way besides being a "goody two shoes" .. and in the same way there is not going to be any way to add in a bunch of "hard decisions" that make big changes to which direction the story goes, or which events happen and so forth

anyways, im interested to see what they will do and what they will fix - and whether it will be a genuine effort designed to impress or just some kind of patronizing non-effort designed to placate

Mar 30, 2017, 12:31
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:31
Mar 30, 2017, 12:31

Frijoles wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 12:20:
I just want a patch to fix the planet zooming every damn time I click to go somewhere. Need to visit another system with 0% explored? Better break out the phone so I can fuck around while it shows me the same animation over and over. I'm surprised their testers didn't go insane.

Yeah I see what they did. You see, the "zoomed in" position is the actual position of the Tempest. The zooming out is just for the sake of a better scanning position. You'll notice this when you exit the Galaxy interface to walk around in the Tempest -- the view is that of the zoomed in position.

I think it's kinda chill. I think they did it like this to give the space freaks something to fap on. I actually wanted to make a screenshot of every zoomed position of every planet: would be an awesome desktop theme.

Mar 30, 2017, 12:36
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:36
Mar 30, 2017, 12:36

Frijoles wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 12:20:

Agree, and I am so fucking sick of the tram animation... it sucks!

Mar 30, 2017, 12:38
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 12:38
Mar 30, 2017, 12:38

THe only plans I care to hear from them at this point:

- Fix/Improve ALL facial animations
- Squash many of the blatant, "should have been caught in QA" bugs that exist in the game. Need a bug list? Just look on youtube.

I dont care about DLC of any kind at this point.

Mar 30, 2017, 13:16
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 13:16
Mar 30, 2017, 13:16

Dear SAM, you don't need to tell me I can mine here, I know. Other than that I put the game on the same level as Wildlands. I'm getting my money's worth but all the side missions and some of the main missions are all the same no matter what planet you're on. For me this is definitely the worst ME game so far.

Mar 30, 2017, 13:22
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 13:22
Mar 30, 2017, 13:22

1) Speed up unpassable loading screens during planet scanning. I don't play on a Shitbox with a 5200 RPM drive. I have an NVMe SSD. You can load in that new planet in roughly 0.2 seconds, so I expect to be sitting at that new planet in 0.2 seconds. I've seen the cool little "fly to a new planet" animation plenty of times now, I understand it's the only thing your animators spent more than five seconds on, but it's enough.

2) Shut up SAM.
"It's more cold than normal, Pathfinder."
"Temperature has stabilized, Pathfinder."
"Massive temperature drop detected, Pathfinder."
"Temperature is normal again, Pathfinder."
"Warning, sudden temperature drop."
"It's more cold than normal, Pathfinder."
"Temperature is normal again, Pathfinder."

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

3) Fix frequent crashes during scene transitions on Nexus.

Other than that, I have few issues with the game, and am very much enjoying it.

Mar 30, 2017, 14:01
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 14:01
Mar 30, 2017, 14:01

So here is a list I've compiled after finishing the 2nd world.

Sam won't shut the fuck up. You ever used Google Maps and the program goes apeshit and keeps telling you to make a U-turn to the point you want to throw the phone out the window? This is the crystal-meth infused version of that x10.
Worlds are massive with a bunch of worthless scenery to fill it.
So many bugs with mission objectives not showing up. Invisible items you can see on a scanner but not without it and don't seem to have any relevance.
Yeah the facial animations suck (can sorta fix this with a custom Ryder), but there is a new alien crew member with a holographic eye piece like Garrus that clips into his head/eye every time ya talk to him.
Remember all those shitty MMO missions of 'go all the way across the map, talk to 1 person for 5 second and come all the way back'? Oh yeah we got PLENTY of those.
Sound will kick off for no reason at all, especially when you're in a spot that the game will NOT let you save (which is just mind fucking boggling).
Some saved games won't load at all, seems to happen mostly with the auto-save.
Keeps matching me up with people in 3rd world countries on dial-up connections as hosts, which causes some annoying as fuck gameplay.
If I hit M to open the map, I have to hit esc, which takes me to the menu, instead of just closing the map, or just hitting M again.
Horrible fucking UI. Would be nice to have all missions on 1 planet in the same place (it sorta does this) but at the same time likes to spread them all over the fucking place.
I am SICK and fucking tired of !'s in UI that I have to go through EVERY SINGLE FUCKING OPTION to get rid of them (and I thought Assassin's Creed Syndicate was bad at this) INCLUDING completed missions.
Stupidly absurd inventory system. How the fuck does letting people out of Cryo increase my inventory space as a perk. I pick up a gun, I can equip it right at that moment, but if I don't I have to go back to a forward base to do so.

Visually still an amazing game, especially the 1st vault you go to, but after 5 years this game is such a step backwords for Bioware it's not funny.

Mar 30, 2017, 14:07
Verno

Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 14:07
Mar 30, 2017, 14:07
 Verno

If I had to pick one thing they could fix to get me to buy it, probably be the awful crafting system and as a by-product the UI. I didn't think it could get worse than the Dragon Age Inquisition crafting system but they managed somehow.
Playing: Risk of Rain 2, Jedi Fallen Order, Last of Us II
Watching: Tenet, Peninsula, The Pale Door

Mar 30, 2017, 14:12
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Plans Mar 30, 2017, 14:12
Mar 30, 2017, 14:12

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 14:01:
Visually still an amazing game, especially the 1st vault you go to, but after 5 years this game is such a step backwords for Bioware it's not funny.

so many people dont understand this clearly enough... namely the fact that 99% of the people who worked on this game have not worked on the previous mass effect series.. and presumably most of them are novice developers in general

sure they work for "bioware" but "bioware" is not a monolithic organism, like some kind of developer Voltron... so its not a combination of ultimate power or past experience, its just a fucking name on a door... the people who actually coded and animated and designed and so forth are the ones responsible for this, and sure the corporation "bioware" signed off on it and put their name on the box - but honestly it doesnt mean shit... clearly.. to wit: this fucking game
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  3  4  ] Newer