Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease

EA's Star Wars website has word to expect the first trailer for Star Wars Battlefront II on April 15th. This will hopefully provide the first details about the action game sequel, which has barely been officially announced up until now. Here's the plan:
Commence primary ignition – the first trailer for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is imminent. On April 15 at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT at Star Wars Celebration, we’ll be presenting during the “The Galaxywide Premiere of Star Wars Battlefront II” panel. Not able to attend in person? You’ll still be able to watch online. Join the award-winning developers from DICE, Criterion and Motive as they offer a glimpse at the game and debut the first trailer.

You can find more information on the official Star Wars Celebration site. Keep an eye on the EAStarWars Twitter and Facebook channels for details in the coming weeks.
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Original! Apr 2, 2017, 12:05 Ant

I still have my original SW:BF games!  

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 14:17 jdreyer

Task wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 08:24:
Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 04:16:
The absolutely only way they'll get me hyped is if they still have the Original Trilogy setting and a large single-player campaign.

=-Rigs-=

It'll probably be rushed. Dice isn't known for good SP as-is, but co-op campaign mode would be ideal.

Also just out of curiosity after seeing TIE Defender teases for that Death Star expansion, DICE pulled a total cocktease move and made them unflyable. You only get to see a Defender if you drive over a token for it, and an AI assistant shoots stuff for you. One of the most iconic Expanded Universe Imperial starfighters from TIE Fighter and DICE makes it unflyable... That's some kiddie bullshit right there.

Soon you'll be able to fly the TIE Defender in glorius HD. Soon my friend.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

23. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Mar 30, 2017, 13:14 Kxmode

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 08:59:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:08:
Task wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 21:21:
Is it going to have shitacular spawn tokens again?

They're going to have great spawn tokens. It's going to be absolutely fantastic. Anyone who doesn't like these spawn tokens is a total loser. We'll have the best spawn tokens. The best.

Theyre gonna be yuge. YUUUGE!

...Believe me

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

22. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Mar 30, 2017, 13:14 Kxmode

Freddie wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 02:42:
Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
Star Wars Battlefront (2015)
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)

I'm glad they removed the colon for the reboots so we don't confuse them with the older games

Colon cancer

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 10:24 Prez

It seems that the first EA Battlefront was critically panned for being dull and cynically exploitative of consumers, yet the fucking thing sold upwards of 15 million copies, so expect the same garbage this time around.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 09:47 SpectralMeat

I'll probably check this out when it will be in the EAVault for subscribers.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:59 VaranDragon

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:08:

They're going to have great spawn tokens. It's going to be absolutely fantastic. Anyone who doesn't like these spawn tokens is a total loser. We'll have the best spawn tokens. The best.

Theyre gonna be yuge. YUUUGE!

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:52 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 00:15:
After Mass Effect Andromeda how can it get worse... oh wait.. it's EA.

^ this

They will find ways to make it even more retarded, casual and broken. Never underestimate dah powah of dah daaaaahhhhkkkk side!

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:24 Task

Rigs wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 04:16:
The absolutely only way they'll get me hyped is if they still have the Original Trilogy setting and a large single-player campaign.

=-Rigs-=

It'll probably be rushed. Dice isn't known for good SP as-is, but co-op campaign mode would be ideal.

Also just out of curiosity after seeing TIE Defender teases for that Death Star expansion, DICE pulled a total cocktease move and made them unflyable. You only get to see a Defender if you drive over a token for it, and an AI assistant shoots stuff for you. One of the most iconic Expanded Universe Imperial starfighters from TIE Fighter and DICE makes it unflyable... That's some kiddie bullshit right there.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:21 Muscular Beaver

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:24:

I've been playing ME:A all week, not sure what you mean by "worse". The game is pretty decent, it's ME.
Here we go again...

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 08:18 Task

Slick wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:24:

I've been playing ME:A all week, not sure what you mean by "worse". The game is pretty decent, it's ME.

Oh I'm sure you know what we mean by "worse" and "worst". I submit Exhibit A and Exhibit B for viewing lols ;).

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 04:16 Rigs

The absolutely only way they'll get me hyped is if they still have the Original Trilogy setting and a large single-player campaign. And not something lame, either. But, as has been normal for 'triple-A developers' (read in Jim Sterling's snarky voice), it'll most likely be screwed up, cut and 'diced' (badam tish!) for DLC and otherwise underwhelming and not worth the wait or the money. Why do I feel like someone messed with the timelines and we're living in the 'bad' line? Sigh

=-Rigs-=

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 02:42 Freddie

Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
Star Wars Battlefront (2015)
Star Wars Battlefront II (2017)

I'm glad they removed the colon for the reboots so we don't confuse them with the older games

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 02:21 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:44:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:10:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 22:35:
First one had the whole nostalgia overload going for it, seem like they've already overplayed their hand.

To me any content drawn from the "new" Star Wars movies is toxic.

Not sure what you mean by "new" but some of the stuff from Rogue One was pretty awesome. I hope there are some Scarif levels in there, with U-Wing missions.

Nope, they covered that already with the rather lame Rouge One DLC for Battlefront.

The main focus for the first Battlefront game was "Original Trilogy" content. I suspect this one will cover the after Empire era that the new movies focus on. If that stuff floats your boat then more power to you.

Gotcha. Yeah, not the biggest fan of the new trilogy, but some of the new trilogy missions from BF2 12 years ago were fun, and battling droidekas could be a challenge. Also, there were some cool vehicles like the Republic Gunship and the AT-TE.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 01:44 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 01:10:
First one had the whole nostalgia overload going for it, seem like they've already overplayed their hand.

Not sure what you mean by "new" but some of the stuff from Rogue One was pretty awesome. I hope there are some Scarif levels in there, with U-Wing missions.

Nope, they covered that already with the rather lame Rouge One DLC for Battlefront.

The main focus for the first Battlefront game was "Original Trilogy" content. I suspect this one will cover the after Empire era that the new movies focus on. If that stuff floats your boat then more power to you.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 01:24 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 01:10 jdreyer

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 01:08 jdreyer

7. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Mar 30, 2017, 01:03 Kxmode

I think they're just getting ready for Episode 8. Milk that hype! EA knows how to do that well. They probably believe that they would make more money if they made a sequel than DLC content. "Those gamers sure love shiny new things."

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Tease Mar 30, 2017, 00:54 jdreyer

Not going to watch the trailer so I don't get spoilt.  

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >