Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS showed up as the bestselling title on this week's Steam Top 10 just three days after the early access release of the last-man standing shooter. Bluehole explains what happened, announcing the game earned more than $11 million in that span, boasting a peak of more than 67,000 concurrent users. Here's word on the game's rousing initial success:

Bluehole and Brendan Greene (aka PLAYERUNKNOWN) are proud to release details from their successful launch of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS on Steam Early Access. Currently holding strong as the number one seller on Steam, the game has earned more than eleven million dollars in revenue in just three days with more than 67,000 concurrent users (simultaneous active players).

As the first standalone Battle Royale experience from the creator of the genre, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is number one on Twitch’s charts, boasting more than 150,000 viewers at a given time. The game has been featured on more than 3,600 streams since its launch on March 23, 2017.

A last-man-standing shooter, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS drops players on a realistic 8 x 8 km island with visuals that show off Unreal Engine 4’s capabilities. Starting with nothing, they must fight to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies as they strive to be the lone survivor.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 28, 2017, 00:54 born2expire

Osc8r wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 22:40:
Good to hear!

Really enjoyed KOTK, but the incompetent dev team managed to make the game worse with every patch, culminating in their atrocious new map and fluro grass.

Might give this one another 6 months to polish up a little (and add some Oceania servers) before i jump in.

its ALL READY a lot more polished than H1Z1, only thing I can complain about it some games are very laggy. The gun play is WAYYYYYY better than H1Z1's

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 22:40 Osc8r

Good to hear!

Really enjoyed KOTK, but the incompetent dev team managed to make the game worse with every patch, culminating in their atrocious new map and fluro grass.

Might give this one another 6 months to polish up a little (and add some Oceania servers) before i jump in.

8. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 21:54 Mordecai Walfish

Fingers M wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 21:14:
SM0k3 wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:21:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:14:
"visuals that show off Unreal Engine 4’s capabilities"

..which everyone will promptly set to "potato" quality even on the highest-end rigs.

yea no shit, i barely get 60fps with high setting. don't know if the game is poorly optimized or ue4 engine just sucks ass for open world play

Its supposedly the top thing on their to-do list, hopefully the good sales will inspire them.

Definitely didn't inspire ARK to do shit about performance issues. Even if it performed well, people always set these to lowest settings because theyre solely competitive by nature, where every last fps and visibility tweak can give you an edge. usually this means lowest quality settings, like people did with quake in the competitive scene.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 21:14 Fingers M

SM0k3 wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 19:21:

..which everyone will promptly set to "potato" quality even on the highest-end rigs.

yea no shit, i barely get 60fps with high setting. don't know if the game is poorly optimized or ue4 engine just sucks ass for open world play

Its supposedly the top thing on their to-do list, hopefully the good sales will inspire them.

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 19:21 SM0k3

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 19:14 Mordecai Walfish

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 19:07 Kobalt

Thank god h1z1 has some competition. Maybe those incompetent fucks will actually add features and fix bugs at more then a snails pace. Who am I kidding. These are the same people that added content without loot way back in the day in everquest.  

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 19:04 Rhett

It is good, not too much wrong with it for an EA title. A little bit of bullshit here and there (mostly with "I should have killed that guy! I hit him in the head!" and the circle/gas encroaching so fast you can't have enjoyable firefights).  

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 18:37 Caladell

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 17:52:
yoinks

Yeah, no shit. Good for them.
I'll definitely check this out at some point. It does look pretty good.

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Earns $11M Mar 27, 2017, 17:52 RedEye9

yoinks

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo