Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Year Five

Without reference to delays, the Roberts Space Industries website announces the kickoff of Year Five of the Star Citizen development subscriber program. Here's word:

We are kicking off the Year Five of the Star Citizen development subscriber program! Becoming a subscriber gives you access to exclusive perks. Each month you can look forward to a new behind-the-scenes issue of our digital magazine Jump Point and a piece of digital flair to decorate your hangar with, as well as the ability to test fly different loaner ships like the Starfarer, Gladius and Sabre. Subscribers also receive merchandise discounts, coupons (after every 12 months of accumulated subscription time) and access to exclusive digital sales, as well as the chance to submit questions for our shows!

Additionally, if you become a subscriber before April 17th, you’ll receive a special piece of bonus flair; a Big Bennys vending machine to decorate your hangar with! This flair will be distributed to all active subscribers on April 18, 2017.

Due to popular demand, we’ll also be offering a physical edition of Jump Point Volume 3 in the coming months. Subscribers will be the first to have a chance to purchase this at exclusive discounted price. If you’re a subscriber, keep an eye on the Den for additional updates on this in the near future.

You can find more details about becoming a subscriber here!.

View
94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

94. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 28, 2017, 14:10 RedEye9

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 14:02:
The only objective measure of success for a game is MONEY and this game has already succeeded.
That measure is true for just about everything.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

93. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 27, 2017, 14:03 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 14:02:
The real question is how long this will go on generating ongoing revenue?
We should start a betting pool on that... (are the British bookies already doing it?)

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

92. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 27, 2017, 14:02 Verno

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 14:55:
I'm not sure why everyone is questioning the failure of this project. When a game is in development for 5 years with no release date in sight, it's already a failure. They've recently talked about big architectural changes and everything, just like we saw with Duke Nukem Forever development, and you all know how that turned out. But sure, keep giving them money lol.

Err what? The only objective measure of success for a game is money and this game has already succeeded. I guess you could say Metacritic but that's just a bunch of subjective opinions with a number attached. It could never sell enough copies to make back its budget, whether it ever "comes out" now or not is inconsequential.

The real question is how long this will go on generating ongoing revenue?

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

91. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 26, 2017, 14:55 Steele Johnson

I'm not sure why everyone is questioning the failure of this project. When a game is in development for 5 years with no release date in sight, it's already a failure. They've recently talked about big architectural changes and everything, just like we saw with Duke Nukem Forever development, and you all know how that turned out. But sure, keep giving them money lol.  

90. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 26, 2017, 12:38 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:40:
The bigger problem is someone like my sister. My sister is a healthcare contradiction. She is my exact opposite. She exercises every day. She watches what she eats, take vitamins, and maintains a normal weight (most would call her thin). She does all the things you are supposed to do. Yet, her body is constantly failing her. One example, she had to have Morton's neuromas removed from both of her feet in her 30s. The doctor who did the surgery said the tissue he removed was the size of his thumb and he had only seen neuromas of this size in people in the 60s or 70s who had the neuromas their entire lives.

Right now she is okay because she has good healthcare coverage through a major US corporation. But she still spends her full $3k deductible most years. However, imagine if that was you and you were having to spend $9k a year...

Good luck to her. I hope everything works out for her. She's the kind of people for whom insurance *should* exist and work correctly.

Stay a while, and listen.

89. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 26, 2017, 10:44 El Pit

RE: Trump

I KNEW I had seen that Trump face before!!!

http://oppositionreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/2016-02-28_2-33-29.jpg

Laugh2 Laugh Grin

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

88. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 26, 2017, 09:32 Mr. Tact

Luke wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 05:13:
Some/many people WANT to be fooled .
Its sooo easy just stop up take a breath read and take a feel , Is this begger project worth anything ...

But nooooo people are use to click Yes to everything today ....clows

So eat it loosers ya got scammet.....HARD
Haha -- I have no idea which side you are on. Perhaps that was intentional?

Edit: Ahh, after further consideration, I realize you are just attempting to taunt SC supporters. Easy target, you can do better.

This comment was edited on Mar 26, 2017, 09:56.

87. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 26, 2017, 05:13 Luke

Some/many people WANT to be fooled .
Its sooo easy just stop up take a breath read and take a feel , Is this begger project worth anything ...

But nooooo people are use to click Yes to everything today ....clows

So eat it loosers ya got scammet.....HARD

86. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 20:42 HorrorScope

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:40:
Right now she is okay because she has good healthcare coverage through a major US corporation. But she still spends her full $3k deductible most years. However, imagine if that was you and you were having to spend $9k a year...

Right, it's tough. Prior to ACA she wouldn't have any insurance and would either have had no medical care or would probably have over 100K in bills to pay back. That is the part where 9k starts to look good.

85. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 20:05 Kxmode

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:59:
Hey, Kxmode -- clean up your quotes... you have me quoted for what Redeye9 said...

Whoops! Sorry. All fixed. Wacko

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

84. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 20:03 Kxmode

Tumbler wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:53:
I'm shocked how civil and reasonable the political discussion is... We usually see comments written with flame throwers in here and now we are discussing politics and no one is calling anyone a Nazi?!

Agreed. However, these threads are not the place to have such discussions. Others have made it explicitly clear that I shouldn't discuss religious stuff in non-off-topic threads. I am only returning the favor and reminding them for their political discussions. Fair is fair.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

83. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 19:59 Mr. Tact

Hey, Kxmode -- clean up your quotes... you have me quoted for what Redeye9 said...  

82. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 19:53 Tumbler

I'm shocked how civil and reasonable the political discussion is... We usually see comments written with flame throwers in here and now we are discussing politics and no one is calling anyone a Nazi?!

81. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:32 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:05:
Well since you asked.
POLITICS IS THE NEW RELIGION
PITNR

Which is fine to use if it happens to be a well-known anagram. Yours is not.

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:05:
Here is fine, the person whining about it is the same one that said he would stop posting in CIG/SC threads but he just can't quit them.

"Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black" is specifically for off-topic posts. BTW your link is broken. I had second thoughts about mentioning it. You might consider that "whining" too.

Edit: Quote fix

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2017, 20:05.

80. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:05 RedEye9

Kxmode wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 19:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:56:
PITNR

Would you like a cookie for creating a nonsensical anagram from PRINT?
Well since you asked.
POLITICS IS THE NEW RELIGION
PITNR

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:44:
Yes. Is there a better place?
Here is fine, the person whining about it is the same one that said he would stop posting in CIG/SC threads but he just can't quit them.

79. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 19:00 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 25, 2017, 18:56:
PITNR

Would you like a cookie for creating a nonsensical anagram from PRINT?

78. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 18:57 Kxmode

Is there a better place?

Yes. "Out of the Blue" and "Into the Black." That's where off-topic postings should go.

77. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 18:56 RedEye9

PITNR

76. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 18:44 Mr. Tact

75. Re: On Sale Mar 25, 2017, 18:43 Kxmode

You do realize you're discussing politics in a thread about Star Citizen's year five anniversary; right?  

94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo