Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch

Mass Effect website announces the debut multiplayer Apex mission is now available for Mass Effect: Andromeda, offering the "first of several ongoing story-based missions that will feature new playable characters, weapons and items." This trailer introduces "Drack's Missing Scouts," which is available through Monday in the action/RPG sequel. Here's word:

The fight for a new home continues in multiplayer APEX Missions, beginning now. Squad up with your friends as a member of the APEX militia, or send out your Strike Team, and take on these daring limited time missions on behalf of the Andromeda Initiative. Get a chance to earn valuable Mission Funds to spend on new equipment items. A new fighter joins the ranks today, the Krogan Gladiator. And a new weapon, the Ruzad Shotgun, will become available in Store packs.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: On Sale Mar 29, 2017, 17:54 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:07:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:21:
I heard MEA multiplayer is the best part of the game. Strange.

I've heard people say that the Earth is flat...strange.

Well, yes. People have stated that compared to the single player issues, multiplayer is pretty solid. It appears a more skilled team put it together.

Or maybe you care less about facial animations in multiplayer?

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 25, 2017, 19:06 Quinn

Since this thread is more active and I neeeeed an explanation because it's killing me:

Check my question in this thread.

I must've missed a proper explanation or I've literally experienced the cheapest storytelling ever.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 25, 2017, 15:52 Drayth

For anyone not playing Vanguard...
https://i.redd.it/93cpnphgq8my.gif

30. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 20:37 Kxmode

For once it's nice to be one watching the drama unfold between parties. Popcorn

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2017, 22:24.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 20:19 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:10:
You're joking, right? Lowest possible standards confirmed.
Keep it up CJ, your arguments are Trump-level.

Any developer with skill and brainz would look at their franchise, their previous game(s), in this case here the first trilogy and then evaluate what people liked or did not like and they would make a game with the best parts of everything.
It's what CDP did. They improved TW from one iteration to the next one and nearly perfected it with no. 3.
So what you are saying is BioWhore has a right to start with a really shitty game so they have room to improve in the next iterations? Seriously?
Well no shit Sherlock, they did do that, hence the changes to combat, the dialog system, the Nomad, etc...however, since you're so stuck on not understanding this and focusing on what you believe should be the next work of Shakespeare then there's really nothing that can be done for you. Look kiddo, comparing an established story with a brand new one and expecting them to be equal goes way out of its way to show just how intelligent your arguments are.

LOL. Fucking Peebee??? Are you kidding me? What's next in Andromeda 2? Piss-Hornet? Shit-Fly? It's one of the dumbest characters ever. By name and childish behavior.
ZOMG, a character with a funny name, WORST GAME EVER!!!! That's your argument here? Talk about LCD...

Her behaviour fits the character, it fits her story, and it fits within the game. But hey, whatever floats that tiny little boat you call an ego.

Hahaha... the "pinnacle". Again. Lowest possible standards confirmed.
Thanks for proving my point about how the story started in Mass Effect compared to how it started in Andromeda.

Why not? Is there some mythical law that forbids the first iteration of a game in a franchise to be any good? Nope. There isn't. There have been myriads of decent games in history where *ESPECIALLY* the first game was excellent and the sequels were cash grabs based on the popular franchise.
There is absolutely no reason to apply lower standards to MEA. The opposite is the case. This game is from a long established developer who has produced some decent games in this franchise. The least one should expect is that they know their own shit and make better shit from their old shit.

See, now there you go again, not making any sense what-so-ever. You have no clue what your railing against, you have no clue what your argument actually is. I'm not talking about the quality of the game, I'm talking about how comparing a story that has already started, and had pretty much given the theme of it, cannot be compared to another story that has just began, with a new theme.

Haha are you joking again? Of course I did not buy the game. The 10 hour trial was enough to form an educated opinion on how garbage and trite this POS is. And please don't fanboi-lie to me and tell me that at 10:01 into the game it somehow magically flips a switch and turns into a game for more than four year olds that does not insult one's intelligence every two minutes.
The only insulting of intelligence here is the obvious fact you have no clue what it is you're going on about. Shall I go back to the whole Eden Prime example here? I mean, of course you won't understand the comparison but that's because I actually know how to create an equal one. Bioware games have always been narrow at the beginning, then opened up...and since this is the first time that EA has even allowed a situation like this in Mass Effect, then you cannot even get a good enough baseline in the first half of the entire game.

Also, as a matter of fact, yes, at 10:01, the game does magically take a whole different turn...but again, this doesn't support your argument, so it must be wrong and I must be some low-intelligence pleb that doesn't know quality.

I'll get the GOTY on sale eventually because the game does have some good parts like decent exploration and vehicle/jetpack gameplay but it is a MAJOR disappointment in terms of atmosphere, story, characters and dialogue. Just about every review even from the usual bribed suspects shares this opinion.
It has a 70-something average on MC. You know, a fucking overhyped Mass Effect game... 70-something. LOL. That is the equivalent of a 50-something score if it would be some other random franchise.

People really need to get off this whole "70 scores are shit!" bandwagon. Hell, people need to get off this whole "ZOMG A REVIEWER GAVE IT A LOWER SCORE THAN X GAME, IT MUST SUCK" spiel...reviews mean nothing because they are all pretty much subjective bullshit to drum up clicks/subscriptions/etc with little to no real substance.

I mean, if we want to go the same route you do, the beloved CDP team got a shit score below Andromeda on one of their Witcher games...

Yep, be more of a hypocrite CJ, be more of a hypocrite.

28. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 17:39 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 16:34:
Thanks for all your replies guys
ME3 isn't on Steam either, presumably for the same reason.

Yup. The only reason ME2 is on Steam is because it was sold on Steam originally and EA didn't want to deal with removing it while 90% of its player base owns that game on Steam.

Everything since then has been Origin only.

27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 16:34 Lord Tea

Thanks for all your replies guys
ME3 isn't on Steam either, presumably for the same reason.

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

26. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 13:10 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 11:30:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:51:
What??? You are calling the writing and characters which would even make a toddler scream "Fuck it! I'm too old for this shit!" cosmetic? Bruuuh???

The story's level of writing, sans a couple interactions, is no less on par as the previous entries of the game...

You're joking, right? Lowest possible standards confirmed.

Are you really comparing the second game in a storyline with a brand new one? [...] At least if you're going to desire a comparison, do it on even ground and compare it with the original Mass Effect.

Any developer with skill and brainz would look at their franchise, their previous game(s), in this case here the first trilogy and then evaluate what people liked or did not like and they would make a game with the best parts of everything.
It's what CDP did. They improved TW from one iteration to the next one and nearly perfected it with no. 3.
So what you are saying is BioWhore has a right to start with a really shitty game so they have room to improve in the next iterations? Seriously?

Peebs, Drack, Vetra...yea, I guess these characters don't exist in your edition of Andromeda.

LOL. Fucking Peebee??? Are you kidding me? What's next in Andromeda 2? Piss-Hornet? Shit-Fly? It's one of the dumbest characters ever. By name and childish behavior.

Yea, that Eden Prime mission was the pinnacle of mystery and excitement...and this is from a military vessel and not a civilian operation.

Hahaha... the "pinnacle". Again. Lowest possible standards confirmed.

Mass Effect Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4...it's a whole new story in the established universe of Mass Effect. It's not going to be as good as Mass Effect 2's established story beats.

Why not? Is there some mythical law that forbids the first iteration of a game in a franchise to be any good? Nope. There isn't. There have been myriads of decent games in history where *ESPECIALLY* the first game was excellent and the sequels were cash grabs based on the popular franchise.
There is absolutely no reason to apply lower standards to MEA. The opposite is the case. This game is from a long established developer who has produced some decent games in this franchise. The least one should expect is that they know their own shit and make better shit from their old shit.

I mean, for god's sake CJ, you have the game DESPITE railing on it for how long? You're playing it, so either you're just the worst troll out there, or you're just one of the largest hypocrites on this entire site. Take your pick.

Haha are you joking again? Of course I did not buy the game. The 10 hour trial was enough to form an educated opinion on how garbage and trite this POS is. And please don't fanboi-lie to me and tell me that at 10:01 into the game it somehow magically flips a switch and turns into a game for more than four year olds that does not insult one's intelligence every two minutes.

I'll get the GOTY on sale eventually because the game does have some good parts like decent exploration and vehicle/jetpack gameplay but it is a MAJOR disappointment in terms of atmosphere, story, characters and dialogue. Just about every review even from the usual bribed suspects shares this opinion.
It has a 70-something average on MC. You know, a fucking overhyped Mass Effect game... 70-something. LOL. That is the equivalent of a 50-something score if it would be some other random franchise.

25. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 11:30 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:51:
What??? You are calling the writing and characters which would even make a toddler scream "Fuck it! I'm too old for this shit!" cosmetic? Bruuuh???

The story's level of writing, sans a couple interactions, is no less on par as the previous entries of the game...and honestly, I can't say I hate any one character in this game like I could say for the previous ones. If you don't like the story, that's fine, but again, you're attempting to demean those that aren't finding as massive faults in it.

- Where are the quests with multiple solutions that require a little brain and more than just going to a waypoint and doing some inane shit?
They exist...but alas, that doesn't support your argument, so it must be invalid.

- Where are the quests that put you into a moral dilemma where you really have to make a (tough) choice?
Again, these exist in the game.

- Where are the major ME trademark choices in the plot (like Ash OR Kaidan)?
They exist.

- Where is a deep branching mission like the final mission of ME2 which had dozens of choices and possible outcomes?
Are you really comparing the second game in a storyline with a brand new one? At least if you're going to desire a comparison, do it on even ground and compare it with the original Mass Effect.

- Where is the mystery of a ME2 and the interesting characters that had you wondering about the motives of Cerberus, the Illusive Man, Miranda, Jacob etc. from the first minute of the game?
I'm seeing the trend that you're comparing a new story with one that takes place in the middle of one...yea, good argument.

- Where are awesome characters and humorous banter like we had with a Joker and an EDI?
Peebs, Drack, Vetra...yea, I guess these characters don't exist in your edition of Andromeda.

There is nothing at all of that in MEA. The beginning is sooo lame. Instead of a 634 years trip through space it feels like the crew drove a night with their camper to hit a McDonald's in the morning when they go explore the first planet. There is no real sense of mystery, excitement... nothing. It's lifeless, emotionless and dumb.
Yea, that Eden Prime mission was the pinnacle of mystery and excitement...and this is from a military vessel and not a civilian operation.

I don't know how anyone can seriously say this is a decent game unless their standards have hit rock bottom and it is enough for them if the game lets them shoot aliens in the head. OK. Granted. It does accomplish that and the gun play is pretty OK even. But everything else is garbage and it's sad that people settle for this little after a Witcher 3 (should have) set new standards back two years ago.
Ok, remove CDPR's dick from your anal cavity and understand that you're talking about a game that has had 2 previous titles, based upon a franchise that is almost 20 years old...the original Witcher, to this day, is totally jank to play and the story had so many continuity issues that I doubt most people could remember exactly what happened. The second one was better in the gameplay department, but still had issues with the story not stepping all over itself...

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Witcher 3 is a brilliant game, and derived from a well established and loved franchise that predates the games...but it's not an equal comparison.

Mass Effect Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4...it's a whole new story in the established universe of Mass Effect. It's not going to be as good as Mass Effect 2's established story beats. It's not going to have the same feel of closeness with the characters as Mass Effect 3. The so-called 'horrid writing' in the game is in part due to the fact people were so up in arms in how dialog-driven games didn't give you enough options...you're talking about a game that has dialog that far exceeds the 3 previous titles combined.

I mean, for god's sake CJ, you have the game DESPITE railing on it for how long? You're playing it, so either you're just the worst troll out there, or you're just one of the largest hypocrites on this entire site. Take your pick.

24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 11:21 Slick

those are 2 completely different arguments.

If you don't like the game on it's own merits, that's one thing.

Saying that it's fundamentally broken from a technical point of view is entirely another.

Personally I'm enjoying the dialogue, it's cheeseball sci-fi, i eat that shit up. Very Star Trek, very Gattaca. I think that gamers forget the origins of sci-fi isn't massively serious space opera, it's pretty camp.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 09:51 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:19:
Yeah, the SP issues are largely cosmetic and don't really change the experience at all.

One more time:

- Where are the quests with multiple solutions that require a little brain and more than just going to a waypoint and doing some inane shit?
- Where are the quests that put you into a moral dilemma where you really have to make a (tough) choice?
- Where are the major ME trademark choices in the plot (like Ash OR Kaidan)?
- Where is a deep branching mission like the final mission of ME2 which had dozens of choices and possible outcomes?
- Where is the mystery of a ME2 and the interesting characters that had you wondering about the motives of Cerberus, the Illusive Man, Miranda, Jacob etc. from the first minute of the game?
- Where are awesome characters and humorous banter like we had with a Joker and an EDI?

There is nothing at all of that in MEA. The beginning is sooo lame. Instead of a 634 years trip through space it feels like the crew drove a night with their camper to hit a McDonald's in the morning when they go explore the first planet. There is no real sense of mystery, excitement... nothing. It's lifeless, emotionless and dumb.
It's like someone with even less skill than Uwe Boll wrote and directed this shit.

I don't know how anyone can seriously say this is a decent game unless their standards have hit rock bottom and it is enough for them if the game lets them shoot aliens in the head. OK. Granted. It does accomplish that and the gun play is pretty OK even. But everything else is garbage and it's sad that people settle for this little after a Witcher 3 (should have) set new standards back two years ago.

22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 09:19 Slick

Yeah, the SP issues are largely cosmetic and don't really change the experience at all. Gamers getting their panties in a bunch over nothing once again.

It seems to be relegated to a few characters, Addison in particular has this weird eye thing going on, and I've seen one NPC totally frozen in dialogue except for the lips, that was nifty.

In any other context, these small bugs and visual goofs would be hilarious and charming. Not just comparing it to the billion+ bugs in Skyrim at launch... but comparing directly to other much more broken Frostbite games, remember the long-necks in BF3? lol, there were so many broken animations in that game... no one complained, they turned it into a meme, had a laugh, and got on with their lives.

I'm enjoying the game so far, although it's a bit too big. I liked the more focused linear levels of the other games, as there was less downtime. Although I liked the levels of the first two DA games too... basically they've "DA:I'd" this ME game, in that it's just big, and exploration is a big part.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:46 Creston

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 04:31:
Game still isn't available here on Steam (central Europe). I even searched for it. Nothing. It's not even mentioned.

Not that I cared much because there is nothing I despise more in a game than paid micro-transactions, and MEA has them all...

It won't ever come to Steam. It also has exactly one micro transaction that's completely optional.

20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:23 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 08:21:
Worst problem with Multiplayer is it needs dedicated server. Too many idiots with 3rd world internet connections hosting while their mic is open picking up every single idiot in their household.

Yes, and for some strange reason you can't actually disable VOIP, despite the option for doing it exists in the menus....

I do really dislike P2P, because it seems like everyone has PotatOS systems, and it throttles you to match.

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:21 The Half Elf

Worst problem with Multiplayer is it needs dedicated server. Too many idiots with 3rd world internet connections hosting while their mic is open picking up every single idiot in their household.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

18. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 06:38 Pr()ZaC

Game still isn't available here on Steam (central Europe). I even searched for it. Nothing. It's not even mentioned.

Not that I cared much because there is nothing I despise more in a game than paid micro-transactions, and MEA has them all...
You'll need to search for it on Origin.

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 06:34 Rhett

Pretty sure it's not coming to Steam, like most EA games now.

And the "microtransactions" are just to speed up MP progression. I haven't spent a dime on these boxes on either this or ME3 and I've really enjoyed my time with it. When you "max out" an item or character by getting its card (and giving it upgraded stats/extra points/customization), it removes it from the loot pool, so you can grind your way forward... if you enjoy looking forward to unlocking the next cool thing.

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 05:18 DarkCntry

Non-forced micro-transactions in a strictly PvE setting.....so yea, complain about the most pointless thing ever.

15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 04:31 Lord Tea

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

14. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 04:24 Kxmode

Woah. This video is the very definition of ugly females*. Wacko

*YMMV

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo