Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access

Steam now offers early access to PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, a last-man standing shooter from Bluehole and the creator of the Battle Royale game-mode found in the ARMA series and H1Z1 : King of the Kill (thanks Blahman). The game's website has the news, along with a new trailer, and there's more on the early access launch in this update on Steam. Here's word:

Today is a very special day for me! For the last four years, ever since I launched my first Battle Royale game-mode using the DayZ mod on Arma 2, I have worked hard to try deliver an intense, dynamic and fun experience. Through its various iterations in the ARMA series, H1Z1 and now in my own standalone game, you all have shown me tremendous support, and for that I want to say a sincere thank you.

I now want to run through a timeline for optimization of our game. A lot of you have been asking about how and when we will optimize the game, so hopefully this post will give you a better idea of our plans over the coming months.

One important thing to note. Client optimization takes time, and will not be solved in one single patch. We will be working hard over the next 6 months to ensure all players enjoy smooth gameplay with no lag or FPS drops.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 19:59 Blahman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 19:15:
Well, this definitely isn't my genre, but even so this looks pretty boring, 90% of the time. Good luck with this.

This is much more of a thinking man's game than H1Z1, that's for sure. It's much closer to the pacing and strategic depth of the ARMA 3 BR mod. The circle is also much less forgiving than H1Z1, so you can't just camp outside the circle and tank the damage with boosts. It makes for very intense late games, which really gets the blood pumping.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 19:54 Blahman

Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:33:
wwas pretty psyched for this, until reading the steam negative reviews, same exact shit I've been saying forever, that UE4 is totally broken in open-world environments.

People are playing at VERY LOW settings (yes, there is a "very low" setting for everything) on a 980ti and getting 20-30 FPS.

it's EA sure, but come on, this is beyond an optimization thing, the engine is just fucking garbage.

They outlined their plans for optimizations in the dev blog, it should be getting much better soon.

People that review Early Access games need to actually read what the developers say about the known issues and development plans. If people are buying the game in its current state and expecting finished-game quality and performance that's on them.

Having said that, I agree though that performance is the biggest problem with the game currently, and really looking forward to the optimization updates.

I've been playing this since closed alpha (November of last year) and its obvious that they are serious about their development plans and they made huge strides in fleshing out the world between alpha and beta with only a couple of months in between. So I know they are making a good faith effort in the development of this game.

Also Unreal Engine has been used successfully in many open world games. They used UE3 for Tera, their last MMORPG.

4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 19:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, this definitely isn't my genre, but even so this looks pretty boring, 90% of the time. Good luck with this.

3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 24, 2017, 09:33 Slick

wwas pretty psyched for this, until reading the steam negative reviews, same exact shit I've been saying forever, that UE4 is totally broken in open-world environments.

People are playing at VERY LOW settings (yes, there is a "very low" setting for everything) on a 980ti and getting 20-30 FPS.

it's EA sure, but come on, this is beyond an optimization thing, the engine is just fucking garbage.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 23, 2017, 22:24 Kxmode

Bluehole's logo animation looks suspiciously like UbiSoft's logo animation; but not as good.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Mar 23, 2017, 21:54 xXStellarDadXx

Peeps this game is only 30 bucks...a steal...get it...play it...be afraid of me...  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo