Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews

Reviews for Mass Effect: Andromeda are starting to appear in advance of tomorrow's official release of the latest installment in BioWare's space action/RPG series. You can find evaluations of the game on:

View
123 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

123. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 22, 2017, 19:37 NasWulf

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 03:39:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 19:27:
@Agent-Zero - For the umpteenth time my concern was with BioWare's apathetic response or their unwillingness to distance themselves from Manveer's tweets; not Manveer's tweets themselves. He can tweet whatever he wants until he's red in the face. I don't care.

Heres the deal on that tho - if you dont want to support them, dont do it. If you dont want to buy the game dont buy it. Thats one thing, and its fine. Its quite another thing to go on a personal crusade and preach about it all day long in many different posts in many different threads - that has absolutely nothing to do with you making your own personal choices.

And if you really didnt care about other people making whatever choice they wanted, you wouldnt go around preaching from the rooftops about the "unjust" promotion of a racist in a certain company, over and over and over again.

"I wont support it!" fine we hear you, whatever. Enjoy yourself. You dont need to repeat the same thing 20 more times in 20 different ways. Honestly, who gives a shit what you do? Who gives a shit what I do? Nobody gives a shit about what other people are doing.

You arent some kind of free and clear champion for justice in this situation - thats fucking bullshit. Its just a psychological mania specific to you. Its an obsessive fixation specific to you. Nobody else is even remotely invested in your consumerist choices as you are. Nobody cares about your choices just as you say you dont care about other peoples choices. You take it for granted, because you believe your own bullshit and honestly think you are that important. You arent important. You are self-important - there is a big difference.

You are just a jive turkey. And this is jive talk. Its just not in alignment. "Make straight the way of the Lord" - remember that shit? Get your head and your ass wired together. Walk the talk. "Judge not that ye be judged" and all that shit. Dont make a mockery of the shit you claim to be so involved with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

122. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 19:21 HorrorScope

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:25:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:12:
-snipped for sanity-

Look, CJ plays a game he's railed on for months and stated he wouldn't lower himself down to the rest of us plebs by playing....

Go fuckin figure. First moments available.

121. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 21, 2017, 15:31 Sempai

Are Bioware going to allow lesbian space sex if i make a femshep in Andromeda?

I generally play males in games, but if i get to shag my crew then i may have to go female this go around.

Anyone far into it yet, playing female?

120. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 21, 2017, 15:17 Creston

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 05:47:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 05:18:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 03:24:

The only negative I really have had is ship travel is tedious. I'm hoping as time goes on, Bioware will add an option to speed it up, even at the cost of loading screen increase.

Explain that one out a bit if you don't mind. Otherwise I'm not feeling bad about getting this from GMG for $45.

A non-skippable animation takes place whenever you move between planets/systems. Some of these can take up to 20 seconds to complete, and while 20 seconds seems short, it adds up after you're flying back and forth through the galaxy.

Most of them are there to cover up loading screens for ambiance, but mostly they get tedious after your first few fly-bys.

Yeah, they're loading screens. I just wish that on an M.2 SSD on PC, said loading screen would get cut short when it's done loading, rather than having to finish the whole animation because on the stupid Xbone that load takes 40 seconds. :\

119. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 21, 2017, 09:09 Slick

Worth repeating in just about every thread in this forum that includes people trying to incite a rally of hate. It should be shot down before it has a chance to become a movement.

"Grr, I'm so mad! Aren't you guys mad too? guys? anyone!?"

They only feel validated by other people glomming onto their hate march. There's no safety in numbers here. Just let them die out. The gaming world has to wake up and starting being less passive about these movements happening in their midst.

That being said, the only reason I bought this game was for the racism.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

118. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 21, 2017, 09:04 RedEye9

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 03:39:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 19:27:
@Agent-Zero - For the umpteenth time my concern was with BioWare's apathetic response or their unwillingness to distance themselves from Manveer's tweets; not Manveer's tweets themselves. He can tweet whatever he wants until he's red in the face. I don't care.

Heres the deal on that tho - if you dont want to support them, dont do it. If you dont want to buy the game dont buy it. Thats one thing, and its fine. Its quite another thing to go on a personal crusade and preach about it all day long in many different posts in many different threads - that has absolutely nothing to do with you making your own personal choices.

And if you really didnt care about other people making whatever choice they wanted, you wouldnt go around preaching from the rooftops about the "unjust" promotion of a racist in a certain company, over and over and over again.

"I wont support it!" fine we hear you, whatever. Enjoy yourself. You dont need to repeat the same thing 20 more times in 20 different ways. Honestly, who gives a shit what you do? Who gives a shit what I do? Nobody gives a shit about what other people are doing.

You arent some kind of free and clear champion for justice in this situation - thats fucking bullshit. Its just a psychological mania specific to you. Its an obsessive fixation specific to you. Nobody else is even remotely invested in your consumerist choices as you are. Nobody cares about your choices just as you say you dont care about other peoples choices. You take it for granted, because you believe your own bullshit and honestly think you are that important. You arent important. You are self-important - there is a big difference.

You are just a jive turkey. And this is jive talk. Its just not in alignment. "Make straight the way of the Lord" - remember that shit? Get your head and your ass wired together. Walk the talk. "Judge not that ye be judged" and all that shit. Dont make a mockery of the shit you claim to be so involved with.
Worth repeating.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

117. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 09:00 DarkCntry

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:52:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:40:
You're free to like or dislike something, but that doesn't make you better than someone who does like something you don't.

Where did I say that I am? As for saying something is "good" vs something is "bad" well I basically use my experience of 25+ years of playing RPGs to judge on whether something will be to my liking or not.

The obvious insinuation over the "liking garbage" is a very overt jab.

That said, your subjective tastes are just that, subjective...it doesn't matter how many years you have playing something.

116. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:52 VaranDragon

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:40:
You're free to like or dislike something, but that doesn't make you better than someone who does like something you don't.

Where did I say that I am? As for saying something is "good" vs something is "bad" well I basically use my experience of 25+ years of playing RPGs to judge on whether something will be to my liking or not.

115. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:48 NewMaxx

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 06:48:
Unlike Steam, EA doesn't penalize the use of VPNs for preload unlocks. A lot of people unlocked at midnight in Korea, which was almost 20 hours ago. I unlocked mine at ~11am PST and have been playing off and on since.

This is true. I have 21 hours played already (from the Trial + VPN unlock) and I didn't even play that hard. I did one session on VPN and then waited until midnight EST before I hit my second. It's possible to beat the game in ~20 hours (from what I hear) although the trial block was pretty early.

114. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:47 Slick

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:29:
-snipped for sanity-

Look, CJ plays a game he's railed on for months and stated he wouldn't lower himself down to the rest of us plebs by playing....

Well I still trust his judgement over yours. Why? Cos he tells it pretty straight. Also, Bioware's last few games have been complete garbage. You might like garbage, but its not for everyone.

DA:I wasn't garbage, I really enjoyed it.

Talk about individual user taste...

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

113. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:40 DarkCntry

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:29:
-snipped for sanity-

Well I still trust his judgement over yours. Why? Cos he tells it pretty straight. Also, Bioware's last few games have been complete garbage. You might like garbage, but its not for everyone.

I don't care that you trust his judgement over mine...but here's the thing, just because you believe something is garbage doesn't make it true. You're free to like or dislike something, but that doesn't make you better than someone who does like something you don't.

112. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:30 VaranDragon

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:27:
but has never really played a good sci-fi RPG

Think your wife might have to keep looking.

111. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:29 VaranDragon

-snipped for sanity-

110. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:27 Slick

El Pit wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 07:27:
Unlike Steam, EA doesn't penalize the use of VPNs for preload unlocks. A lot of people unlocked at midnight in Korea, which was almost 20 hours ago. I unlocked mine at ~11am PST and have been playing off and on since.

Slick was most likely asking for a way to get a pirated copy - just for testing, of course. After 40 hours of "tests" and a complete playthrough, he will say that this game is not worth full price and that he will wait for it to go on sale for $10 or less. Then, he will just forget buying it once it hits the $10 mark...

Just kidding. Slick would NEVER do this. Right, Slick?

Lol nope, I preordered this the old-fashioned way. Trying to get my wife into it, she loves sci-fi but has never really played a good sci-fi RPG, and going back to ME1 isn't really an option, as the cat's out of the bag about how the series ended etc.

I would pirate it if I had any qualms about how it would perform though, and then buy it after a few hours if I'd end up playing it. I know people say that shit and don't mean it, they just pirate everything, but I don't have kids, I have disposable income, and I like supporting game devs. *SHOCKER*

Also I've noticed that you really lose something when you pirate games to play them fully. There's some sort of psychological mechanic that is subliminally telling you that this experience is disposable. When you can just pirate 1000 games in a week, why bother playing any of them fully? Why bother getting invested in anything? I find people who pirate everything generally don't have the same level of satisfaction. Buying, owning a game, it just feels good. Ionno, maybe I'm crazy.

109. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:25 DarkCntry

-snipped for sanity-

108. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:12 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 06:45:
I'm still curious, how do people have such well-formed opinions about how the story, characters, missions, animations, etc are all garbage, when the game isn't out yet?

I've played the game for 10 hours and there was not a single quest with even a hint of depth or multiple solutions or moral ambiguity or anything resembling a decent RPG. And the dialogues and story was an epic cringe- and facepalmfest only exacerbated but not caused by the shitty facial animations or poor acting of the digital character actors.

Am I to seriously believe that after these 10 hours the game will somehow magically flip a switch and become a actual RPG instead of a linear braindead console cover shooter that forces you into some lame busywork at every "story" waypoint?

The game did not offer a single quest with depth or even a hint of a choice or a consequence in those first ten hours. It was on rails retarded generic waypoint to waypoint busywork "gameplay". Press "W" and watch shit happen, press "W" and watch shit happen, press "W" and watch shit happen ad infinitum et nauseam.

Fuck all that. In the year of the lord 2017 and after the glorious TW3 or to stay in the same series the glorious ME 2, yes Sir, I do in fact dare to have a little higher standards than this shallow, trite, banal garbage. Sorry(?)

107. No subject Mar 21, 2017, 07:54 Mashiki Amiketo

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 05:47:

Most of them are there to cover up loading screens for ambiance, but mostly they get tedious after your first few fly-bys.
Now that's annoying alright, likely if people complain enough they will. Thanks for the heads up though.

If I remember right in ME2/3 they used bik movie files for a lot of that stuff. You could cut those down by making a smaller one of your choosing or replacing it. The ME3 happy ending and ME3 expanded mod to both to speed up transitioning between areas of the galaxy.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

106. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 07:27 El Pit

Slick was most likely asking for a way to get a pirated copy - just for testing, of course. After 40 hours of "tests" and a complete playthrough, he will say that this game is not worth full price and that he will wait for it to go on sale for $10 or less. Then, he will just forget buying it once it hits the $10 mark...

Just kidding. Slick would NEVER do this. Right, Slick?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

105. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 06:48 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 06:45:
I'm still curious, how do people have such well-formed opinions about how the story, characters, missions, animations, etc are all garbage, when the game isn't out yet? Well, it's out right now, but wasn't out at the time of those posts.

Are you all secretly game reviewers with advance copies?

Are you basing the entire game off of the first mission you're able to play with the early access?

Are you just parroting some reviewer who has played the whole game and making that your own uninformed opinion?

Or is it all bullshit?

I've spoken to several people IRL who all had VERY REAL opinions of the game. How Bioware has "ruined" the franchise, and how they dropped the ball, and how the whole thing is fucking garbage and how they deserve to be financially ruined for this abortion of a game. and NONE OF THEM HAVE PLAYED IT! NONE OF THEM EVEN PLAYED THE EARLY ACCESS DEMO!?!?

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?!?!?!?

104. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 06:45 Slick

I'm still curious, how do people have such well-formed opinions about how the story, characters, missions, animations, etc are all garbage, when the game isn't out yet? Well, it's out right now, but wasn't out at the time of those posts.

Are you all secretly game reviewers with advance copies?

Are you basing the entire game off of the first mission you're able to play with the early access?

Are you just parroting some reviewer who has played the whole game and making that your own uninformed opinion?

Or is it all bullshit?

I've spoken to several people IRL who all had VERY REAL opinions of the WHOLE game. How Bioware has "ruined" the franchise, and how they dropped the ball, and how the whole thing is fucking garbage and how they deserve to be financially ruined for this abortion of a game. and NONE OF THEM HAVE PLAYED IT! NONE OF THEM EVEN PLAYED THE EARLY ACCESS DEMO!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?!?!?!?

This is beyond ridiculous. HOW DO YOU KNOW. I demand an answer.

How do you know the game is complete shit when up until a couple hours ago, no one's been able to play it outside about 100 game reviewers around the world? I will not be satisfied until I get an answer on this.

123 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo