Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 17:28 Pigeon

Quboid wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 13:56:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 13:11:
FBI director to testify on Russian FBI interference in the presidential election.

Fixed, cuz that was at least as big a factor.

That begs the question - why believe the FBI about Russia

Because it's not what Comey said, but when and how he said it. I dislike the lack of specificity, because it leaves a lot open to interpretation. But unlike the announcement a few days before an election, the damage that this does is much less severe and there is a lot of time to address the actual results.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2017, 18:08.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 14:16 Bodolza

WaltC wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:57:
Comey testified that they were investigating *to see* if there was any "Russian interference" in the election.

You are behind on your information. The FBI, and several other intelligence agencies, have already investigated and concluded that the Russians intentionally interfered with the election in an attempt to assist Trump. Trump himself has acknowledged this as a fact.

Today's testimony is about the investigation into possible coordination or collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 13:56 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 13:11:
FBI director to testify on Russian FBI interference in the presidential election.

That begs the question - why believe the FBI about Russia?

I can understand why people ask this sort of question. For me, it's because the situation based on numerous other reports points to Comey wanting to get Trump elected, but understanding that a rival nation influencing democracy is an issue that goes beyond party politics. Comey, like 99% of Republicans (and Dems/others), wants what he believes is best for the US. Russia doesn't. There are other reasons, many more cynical (election's won, nothing to gain and everything to lose by screwing this up), but I think this is the nub.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 13:11 jdreyer

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 20, 2017, 12:57 WaltC

Comey testified that they were investigating *to see* if there was any "Russian interference" in the election. If you believe Hillary Clinton's "Russian" scapegoat theory as to why she lost the election, you've got some serious logic problems to overcome. Like, it wasn't just the Presidency the Republicans won, it was both houses of Congress, too. Most amusing of all, I'm waiting to hear the silly Democrats describe *what form* the "Russian interference" was supposed to have taken...;) We know for a fact that no Russians voted in the election--so of course that's out. It seems the Democrats want to blame the Russians (along with the Trump campaign) for the WikiLeaks documents that simply let America see the falsity and hypocrisy behind the Democrat party. If it's true the "Russians" were behind the country getting a good look at the true character of the Democrat party before the election--then, imo, we should give them medal for helping Wikileaks expose them. My personal theory is that someone inside the Democrat party who knows what is really happening (how the Clintons have destroyed the party) and doesn't like it one bit is behind the Wikileaks document dumps.  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo