Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy first day of spring to all of us in the northern hemisphere, as the spring equinox already passed earlier this morning. This is the autumnal equinox below the equator, so happy fall where that is applicable. The forecast calls for highs in the 50°F+ range today and tomorrow, but it's supposed to stay below freezing on Wednesday, so we may not be completely done with winter yet. But much of last week's huge snowfall has already melted off, so we're well on our way, which makes me very happy. Won't be long before we have opening ceremonies for the soon-to-move Manstovia.

R.I.P.: Bernie Wrightson Dead- Swamp Thing Co-Creator Dies At 68.

Sprung Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Park a Lot 3.
Boss Level Shootout.
Link: YouTuber Creates Lego Replica Of Symmetra's Weapon From Overwatch.
Story: Spring equinox 2017- Five things about the beginning of spring.
Science: Bacteria Are Brewing Up the Next Generation of Antivenoms.
A Stunning Video of Mars That Took Three Months to Stitch Together—by Hand.
Amazon tribe has lowest heart risk ever seen.
Media: How To Trap A Self Driving Car.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 19:02 The Half Elf

First Day of Spring, and if it keeps downpouring I'm going to have a swimming pool in my basement. In like a Lion out like a Lamb right?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 15:00 Mr. Tact

Indeed. I'll take the heart health risks and my modern lifestyle, thank you very much.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 14:21 jacobvandy

They're not healthier, though, they just don't die of heart disease. 20% infant mortality rate and 67% of the population suffers intestinal worms, not to mention higher rates of other infectious diseases... Their life expectancy is still lower than in developed countries. The article quotes a cardiology expert who points out the results may be skewed because only the fittest people of the tribe even live long enough to have been included in the study (age 40+).  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 13:40 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 12:34:
An isolated pre-agrarian tribe that isn't subjected to pollution, junk food, etc and has a heavily cardio based lifestyle and a mostly plant based diet is healthier than most other people? Gee, who would thunk it?
Wry

Similar results from the 30 year longitudinal study of the Ornish and Esselstyn diets, which also combine a mostly vegan diet with exercise.

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 13:39 jdreyer

Swamp thing was one of my favs as a kid. RIP.  

Descender: Mutual understanding and learning in a thread with a disagreement? Did someone break the internet? :p

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 12:34 Cutter

An isolated pre-agrarian tribe that isn't subjected to pollution, junk food, etc and has a heavily cardio based lifestyle and a mostly plant based diet is healthier than most other people? Gee, who would thunk it?
Wry

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2017, 09:39 Echo Red Park

Awww, Bernie Wrightson died? Used to pour over the pages of the Creepshow comic book, marveling at his ability. RIP Bernie, thanks for giving us your best all these years.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo