Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's the new list of bestselling titles on Steam for the week gone by. Now with 80% less Ghost Recon Wildlands:

1. NieR:Automata
  2. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
  3. H1Z1: King of the Kill
  4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  5. Total War: WARHAMMER
  6. Oxygen Not Included
  7. DOOM
  8. BioShock: The Collection
  9. Grand Theft Auto V
  10. HITMAN

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2017, 17:17 MoreLuckThanSkill

Dev wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 15:26:
Also, how can Oxygen Not Included be #6 and have zero reviews on steam??

The sarcastic side of me wants to say: "because the game is so good, they cannot stop playing long enough to write a review!"

More likely, many people bought it on the strength of Don't Starve(their previous game) and since it's Alpha still, haven't even bothered to install/play it yet, and then whatever percentage of those that would actually take the time to write a review is lost.

Or since it's alpha, maybe there is a lock on Steam reviews? The discussion forum for the game is also empty aside from Developer posts.

It looks pretty interesting, I'm tempted to buy it once it hits retail release.

*EDIT* Whoops, since when does the steam discussion default to Announcements/News? The general discussion portion for Oxygen has plenty of comments/posts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2017, 15:26 Dev

Also, how can Oxygen Not Included be #6 and have zero reviews on steam??  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2017, 03:55 saluk

How the F did NieR get so popular? I mean, it's a cool game and all, but not one I ever would have expected to be #1 on steam. Especially ahead of ghost recon. Maybe a slow release period?  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 19, 2017, 23:03 Dev

Drayth wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 21:39:
Fix for Nier's full screen scaling issue here (also fixes a few other problems)...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135511913387798205/?ctp=4

About halfway down the thread.
Summary, some clueless dev thought it would be a good idea to downscale to one notch less than your native res, then stretch it (which can throw off the AR).
Modders already have fixes for it (some drivers can be set to fix it as well). Details were sent to SE, but they haven't patched it yet. Borderless window gaming can fix that issue as well as others. Such as apparently they also output at one notch below monitors native refresh too.
LOL, I wonder if this was a carryover from consoles! Like if they did this trick on consoles for a performance boost!

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 19, 2017, 21:39 Drayth

Fix for Nier's full screen scaling issue here (also fixes a few other problems)...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/135511913387798205/?ctp=4

About halfway down the thread.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo