Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer

The GeForce website now features a new trailer with a look at Mass Effect: Andromeda in 4K with HDR enabled. With that in mind, they warn you need the right setup to see how the game looks with the right setup:

Watch our NVIDIA GeForce exclusive Mass Effect: Andromeda Tech Trailer featuring exclusive gameplay and developer interviews, shot in glorious 4K HDR at BioWare Edmonton. Please note that this video is best experienced on a 4K HDR display.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 22, 2017, 15:12 NewMaxx

Creston wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 17:45:
I've been quite enjoying it so far, except for really frequent hard crashes. Fucking Nvidia driver.

Just FYI, this is a known issue. If you are overclocking your GPU at all you should tone it down. This game is more susceptible to crashes with even the MEA drivers.

Borecraft Games on YouTube
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 18:51 Drayth

I'd be pretty shocked if there weren't game-ready drivers for this one by Tuesday.

No crashes here in my 10 hours using 378.78, but w/e'vs.

Hopefully those drivers give just a bit more performance. I'm real close to 60fps with everything but shadows cranked up. And for the love of god, make motion blur a separate setting from post processing (when will these people learn??). They had a .cfg file trick for that in DA:I.. I'll have to dig that up.

47. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 17:45 Creston

Just reached the end of the trial (Noooooooo!!!!), I've been quite enjoying it so far, except for really frequent hard crashes. Fucking Nvidia driver. And no sight of a new one for Andromeda. I knew I shouldn't have upgraded even though the silly game told me to. My previous one were rock stable. :\

Anyone have any news on a new Nvidia driver for Andromeda?

In any case, the open world sections are fun. Just driving around with the Nomad on Eos, it's HUGE. I already found several caves off the beaten path just by exploring slightly hidden roads, etc.

Also, Drack is fucking awesome and I can't wait to get him on my team. He's basically Wrex. Now I just need a Garrus replacement and I can get rid of Dora the Explorer and British BoredWaffle.

46. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2017, 17:01 NKD

NetHead wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 09:34:
I think that's nonsense, sorry if I'm coming on strong but I've seen that kind of excuse spewed out so many times it's grating.

Mass Effect 1 had good animations when it was released. I still remember videos of them specifically showing off talking to people and demonstrating the facial animations. There are also reviews for it which say those things were good.

Besides even if that weren't the case, even if they've always sucked at this, that hardly seems like a reason to let it slide on a AAA/priced game.

It not an excuse because it doesn't excuse anything. I'm just stating what my personal expectations were. I don't place a high enough value on top tier animations that it could really affect a purchasing decision except in the most borderline cases. For a game like Mass Effect Andromeda, it could actually be significantly shittier than what I've seen so far and I'd still love it because I love the Mass Effect universe and Mass Effect gameplay.

I'm not judging anyone who is unhappy with the animations, or had higher expectations, but for me it's just a lower priority factor in my decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bad_cop_no_donut - For the latest developments in police misconduct in the US.

45. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2017, 10:11 Slick

NetHead wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 09:34:
NKD wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 02:06:
There's no getting around that this game has some shitty animations, but honestly I was expecting as much. Every single one of Bioware's games have had animations that were subpar for the time they were released, and plenty of stand out examples of characters/animations that were especially fucked up.

I think that's nonsense, sorry if I'm coming on strong but I've seen that kind of excuse spewed out so many times it's grating.

Mass Effect 1 had good animations when it was released. I still remember videos of them specifically showing off talking to people and demonstrating the facial animations. There are also reviews for it which say those things were good.

Besides even if that weren't the case, even if they've always sucked at this, that hardly seems like a reason to let it slide on a AAA/priced game.

It's hard to complain about the animations when comparing it against Bethesda RPGs, with their triangle mouth movements and the weird ZOOM-FACE interactions. I haven't done the trial for ME:A yet, but the animations in DA:I were heads and tails superior to anything in Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

44. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 10:10 Slick

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 06:14:
Quinn wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 00:40:
That doesn't mean neutral. Fuck neutral.

Tell my wife..."hello."

^_^

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

43. Re: On Sale Mar 19, 2017, 09:34 NetHead

NKD wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 02:06:
There's no getting around that this game has some shitty animations, but honestly I was expecting as much. Every single one of Bioware's games have had animations that were subpar for the time they were released, and plenty of stand out examples of characters/animations that were especially fucked up.

42. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 09:29 Slick

Drayth wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 14:24:
Slick wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 09:53:
Can someone tell me if the lipsync is really that bad? I'm staying away from trailers, as I've already pre-ordered and don't want any spoilers.

Can you compare them to some other game?

Bioware used Frostbite to make that last Dragon Age game, and there wasn't any lip sync issues there... perhaps it's the new version of Frostbite that's an issue? Or just incompetent devs?

If it's like that FFXV KingsGlaive movie, I'm going to be dissapoint. That movie had the best CG I've ever seen in my life, but somehow they still fucked up the lipsync, it was awful.

I played the first night before reading any of this controversy and nothing in those first 3 hours jarred me. I've now played 7 hours and there was one conversation where the facial animations resembled the comparison video from the other Blue's article. Guy just looked like he had way too much coffee and couldn't work his face and his eyes were locked at wide open.

The animations from ME1, which they used in that vid, were looped mo-cap animations. So while they looked great you would also eventually spot the same head nods, eyebrow raises, hand-on-hip movements over time. I don't see that kind of thing happening in this game.

Here's some positives: The environments on 4K HDR are fucking amazing. Maps are huge, so now you actually explore when you're on a mission. The combat and class skill system is fun as hell. Combat is WAY more deadly than any ME game before. Hardcore (the setting above normal) is kicking my ass on the first real mission. There's an interesting unlock system, which I wont spoil.. and there's actual crafting. Also I'm getting better frame rates than I was expecting, despite that the game ready drivers aren't out yet.

I'm not going to judge the story when I've only played what I feel is about 2% of the game. If it goes to complete shit along the way, I'm willing to gamble that, but so far it's actually had a few cool moments. I'm intrigued by one of the side quests I'm on and it's one of the first ones you get. Small spoiler --> involving a saboteur.

So yeah.. that's my take.

Thanks for the breakdown, this is exactly what I wanted to know, and properly spoiler-free. Cheers mate.

41. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 09:13 RedEye9

Shocked, I protest!

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

40. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 06:14 NewMaxx

That doesn't mean neutral. Fuck neutral.

Tell my wife..."hello."

Borecraft Games on YouTube

39. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 19, 2017, 03:10 NKD

descender wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 02:04:
"internet tough guys are pieces of shit" says the abrasive, unnecessarily mocking, lashing out for no reason "internet tough guy" trying to talk someone down from a new troll account. Fuck. You. Dude.

The lack of self-awareness in that entire post is just astounding.

Hahah I was thinking the same thing. Dude comes out swinging and at the same time accusing the OTHER guy of being an e-tough guy, like what the actual fuck.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bad_cop_no_donut - For the latest developments in police misconduct in the US.

38. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 19, 2017, 02:04 descender

"internet tough guys are pieces of shit" says the abrasive, unnecessarily mocking, lashing out for no reason "internet tough guy" trying to talk someone down from a new troll account. Fuck. You. Dude.

The lack of self-awareness in that entire post is just astounding.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2017, 02:41.

37. removed Mar 19, 2017, 01:34 Agent-Zero

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 19, 2017, 10:31.

36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 00:51 Suppa7

I don't believe that things are black and white; left or right. I believe in a new center. That doesn't mean neutral. Fuck neutral. Fuck you. Good night.

Well you don't really know what is going on politically then... Sorry to tell you but our world is deeply political and if you don't have any historical understanding then you are condemned to repeat it.

Testing theories of representative government

Testign theories of representative government

"Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role."

Crisis of democracy

Crisis of democracy

Crisis of democracy - boom - amazon

35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 19, 2017, 00:40 Quinn

If you want to stay away from the racism discussion, then sure, that's your choice. The downside, though, is that you'll be viewed a pussy if you try to get attention in a discussion that has become about racism. Like this one.

People who are Switzerland on racism are fairly ridiculous pussies. Why? Because there's no subjective stance on the matter. Only objective. If you don't follow me, please read the Oxford definition on racism.

Whoever believes that their race is superior to another, is a racist -- be that person white, black, yellow, brown or purple. It's really not that fucking hard.

So if a brown dude is antagonizing white people, then he's racist. If a black dude is antagonizing yellows, then he's racist. If a white dude is antagonizing the black race, he's racist.

It's fucking simple. So fuck you if you want to keep out of the discussion, because there shouldn't be a fucking discussion about it in the first place. You are pussified. You add nothing to the wellbeing of this world. Go play your computergames, go work at your meaningless job, and just shut the fuck up. If you want to be Switzerland, then stop exclaiming that you want to be Switzerland.

I don't believe that things are black and white; left or right. I believe in a new center. That doesn't mean neutral. Fuck neutral. Fuck you.

Good night.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

34. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2017, 23:31 Kxmode

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 12:56:
Im not a fan of racism either... but its actually a complicated issue, with a lot of moving parts - which isnt always obvious

i tend to stay out of that kind of debate as much as possible, because overall ive found its a headache to deal with and extremely difficult to be honestly "righteous" about it.. no matter which race you are, and which side you support

I agree with this. I don't want to "go there." However, as my comment below points out, I think expressing dissatisfaction and concerns about a company who appears to support such hateful viewpoints is an absolutely valid action. I do this purely as a customer who has purchased previous BioWare and EA titles. It's precisely the same reason I won't buy tobacco stocks or invest in mutuals funds that have their top holdings in tobacco. I refuse to support a business that is fundamentally harmful to people. Racism is dangerous in the sense of breeding undiluted hatred towards a group of people for no other reason than their skin color. As a Jehovah Witness, we remain racism-free. That's not an over exaggeration but a stated fact. Our organization has had a continuous history of being targetted against and discriminated against for our beliefs (and still do today). My spiritual German brothers and sisters died in concentration camps. I'm not going to support a company which is okay with hatred against ANY people. But at the same time, I think it's important to share what I've learned about Manveer and BioWare's complacency towards his hateful rhetoric with the gaming community. Equipped with the knowledge, people can make the decision to buy. That's as far as I want to take it.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

33. Re: On Sale Mar 18, 2017, 23:16 Kxmode

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 12:38:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 11:44:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 03:21:
@Agent-Zero - You already know how I feel about politics. I'm not going to respond to your flame baiting.

it just seems ridiculously hypocritical that you want to bash this indian guy all day long, over and over.. just for being racist, and yet you voted for a racist to be president of the country

or is it that its only when people are racist against whites that upsets you? is that it? seems plausible considering your political affiliation

Like every other phony xtian out there, they're all massive hypocrties who wouldn't know what it really means to be xtian if Jesus himself showed up and told then face to face.

I'm not registered to vote. I don't get involved in politics, and I stay neutral of it.

However, it is an entirely valid concern to take note of openly racist viewpoints seemingly supported by one of the largest game developers and publisher. I would express the same concern if Manveer did this against any race or group of people. That he specifically targets white people is irrelivant to me. The bottom line is there's no place in business for racism, and it shouldn't exist there. When I buy a product, I like to know the people behind its creation have professional decency and class.

Please don't label me something I am not.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 20:39 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 17:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 17:23:
NKD wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 17:11:
Oh good news. That racist developer guy actually got shitcanned from Bioware a month ago. Some dude asked Aaryn Flynn to denounce this guys shit and he was like "Nah, but he doesn't work here anymore anyway."
Please post the source.

There are not even enough angry gamers who can be bothered with signing an imaginary petition that was started 7 months ago so I seriously doubt he's fired.

Yeah sorry I thought I had included it but I only included the second tweet.

http://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/843199849273135109

There's the link, I tried to make it into a URL link but the fucking board won't let me for some reason.
Thanks! You think that would have made the news as big a stink as a few folks on the intarweb are making out of it. Now peeps will have to find some other reason to complain about ME:A and BioWare, like they needed one.

31. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 17:30 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 18, 2017, 17:23:
Oh good news. That racist developer guy actually got shitcanned from Bioware a month ago. Some dude asked Aaryn Flynn to denounce this guys shit and he was like "Nah, but he doesn't work here anymore anyway."
Please post the source.

There are not even enough angry gamers who can be bothered with signing an imaginary petition that was started 7 months ago so I seriously doubt he's fired.

Yeah sorry I thought I had included it but I only included the second tweet.

http://twitter.com/AarynFlynn/status/843199849273135109

There's the link, I tried to make it into a URL link but the fucking board won't let me for some reason.

30. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 18, 2017, 17:23 RedEye9

Please post the source.

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo