Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items

Battle.net gives us an idea of what to expect from the version 2.5.0 patch for Diablo III, which they say is "just around the corner" for the action/RPG sequel. Among other things, this adds the ability to store up to five complete builds for each character to be able to switch easily. This is a quality-of-life improvement so convenient that may generate agita that it's taken this long to get it implemented (though that it will not redistribute Paragon points is disappointing). The patch will also include a new crafting materials UI, Adventure Mode updates, and a new class of very rare ancient items that come with literally perfect rolls. Here's word on these Primal Ancients:

Primal Ancients are Ancient items with perfectly rolled affixes. This means every affix including Primary, Secondary, and Legendary are at their ideal value, whether that means the maximum or minimum value. While the items donít try to guess what kind of affixes are perfect for your build, you can be certain that they will roll with a couple specific rules. First, they will always drop with the appropriate main stat for your class (Strength for Barbarian/Crusader, Dexterity for Demon Hunter/Monk, and Intelligence for Witch Doctor/Wizard). Second, they will always have the ideal number of sockets for that item. For pants, chest, and jewelry, this means the maximum number of sockets. Since ideally you will want to use a Ramaladni's Gift on your weapon, Primal weapons will roll with no sockets.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 18, 2017, 05:34 Armengar

Im still playing D3 on and off as i have done since launch night. Im yet to play a monk properly. Still a lot of play left in it for me as there is a lot of variation.

My main gripe is lack of storgage space as i want tthe loot to run variations.

Some people will complain whatever happens. Doesnt really matter

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 17, 2017, 22:57 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 15:20:
I'm surprised they update it at all any more.

Why? You guys really believe that just because you don't like it that no one else plays it? At the very least tens of thousands of people are still playing D3 just based on the number of open games available and that's only a fraction of the total number of games being played.

Another free patch and content update 5 years after the release? Yeah... is there some reason not to be happy about that? I can't think of any game I've every purchased where I wouldn't be happy about that sort of an update. Explain to me how adding rare drops to a game based on random drops is a bad thing?

What's clear is that after 5 years you guys have finally run out of reasonable things to complain about. The game still exists and gets updates?! Preposterous!

Thank god you still check in on every D3 thread to let us know you still don't like it. We were all on the edge of our seats wondering if this was going to be the patch that finally changed your mind. /s Rolleyes

I probably worded that poorly. What I meant to say was more that I'm amazed a company still supports a game 3 years after an expansion. They're not going to get any more revenue from the game until they release the Necromancer pack.

I think Blizzard has given it mind boggling amounts of support.

And I actually love(d) that game - I played so much I finally just had to quit it cold turkey. When I saw they are finally releasing the ability to change sets it's taking everything not to fire it back up again.

Probably need to stay away from those Rhyker (sic?) videos.

7. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 21:08 Grokk

I only got back into D3 just before the current season started. A lot had changed since I last played a couple years back.

This was the first time I even played a season character, and I'm pretty happy that I had managed to get onto the leaderboards even though I wasn't really trying.

I think the necro will add another 12-18 months to the game, and from how it plays, I'd be surprised if they're even working on a D4. They could milk the game by adding a couple more classes and a decent story for each.

As for the primal ancients, honestly I was looking forward to the power creep they planned with them originally.

Oh well, I'll probably play through half the upcoming season then shelve the game until the necro is released.

6. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 21:03 MoreLuckThanSkill

Descender... I'm still waiting for that patch that brings me back.

Maybe when they finally address the sets vs legendary power gap. Sometime in 2025 or so at this rate.

They still haven't added auto pick-up of crafting mats/deaths breaths etc. after 5+ years.

I'm playing Grim Dawn and hoping whatever upcoming ARPGs(Vikings, Wolcen:Lords of Mayhem) turn out well in the meantime.

*EDIT* Typing omission... can't type and try to watch two youtube videos simultaneously.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2017, 22:25.

5. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 16:22 Rhett

It's just.. where's an expansion? D4? Necromancer comes out later this year, probably for like $20 I'm guessing, but that seems maybe barely enough to keep it afloat in terms of interest. Hopefully that's the plan, as they delay the announcement of D4? *shrug*  

4. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 16:09 jacobvandy

Players endlessly clamor for new progression, that's where the idea for primals came from. However it was also player feedback that eliminated the power creep from this patch... Blizzard was ready to raise stat ranges again, but in response to the negative reaction they changed it to merely adding better chance of finding a perfect ancient. The most competitive players don't get any stronger with this update, it's the casuals who are getting a catch-up boost.

Several very nice QoL updates, too, though.

3. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 17, 2017, 15:20 descender

I'm surprised they update it at all any more.

Why? You guys really believe that just because you don't like it that no one else plays it? At the very least tens of thousands of people are still playing D3 just based on the number of open games available and that's only a fraction of the total number of games being played.

Another free patch and content update 5 years after the release? Yeah... is there some reason not to be happy about that? I can't think of any game I've every purchased where I wouldn't be happy about that sort of an update. Explain to me how adding rare drops to a game based on random drops is a bad thing?

What's clear is that after 5 years you guys have finally run out of reasonable things to complain about. The game still exists and gets updates?! Preposterous!

Thank god you still check in on every D3 thread to let us know you still don't like it. We were all on the edge of our seats wondering if this was going to be the patch that finally changed your mind. /s Rolleyes

2. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 15:14 AngelicPenguin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 14:24:
Then, when you get sick of Primal Ancients, we will release Exotic Primal Ancients, with even bigger numbers, and 0.1% chance of the Primals to drop! Aren't you thankful!?

It's so embarrassingly clear they have their fourth or fifth stringers on the Diablo team at this point.

Didn't the expansion come out like 3 years ago? I'm surprised they update it at all any more.

1. Re: Diablo III Adding Build Switching and Perfect Items Mar 17, 2017, 14:24 MoreLuckThanSkill

Then, when you get sick of Primal Ancients, we will release Exotic Primal Ancients, with even bigger numbers, and 0.1% chance of the Primals to drop! Aren't you thankful!?

It's so embarrassingly clear they have their fourth or fifth stringers on the Diablo team at this point.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo