Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Full Throttle Remastered Next Month

GOG.com announces they are accepting pre-orders for Full Throttle Remastered, offering an April 18th release date for the hog-riding remake. Here's what's going on:

Full Throttle Remastered, the bombastic return of the heavy-metal point & click legend, is now available for pre-order exclusively on GOG.com, with a 20% pre-order discount!

When the Polecats hit the road, they're indestructible. No one can stop them. But they try.

Now the gang has gotten into some serious trouble, and it's up to their stoic leader Ben to outrun explosions, rough up some tough guys, and lay waste to a bunch of mechanical bunnies.

To celebrate the game's return, creator Tim Schafer will be joining us for a special Twitch stream on Friday, March 17, 7PM UTC. Get your desktops dressed for the occasion, with the mighty fine wallpapers available soon as a pre-order bonus.

Additionally, there's a rad Double Fine Sale going on, with games like Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Brütal Legend, Broken Age, Psychonauts, and more going for up to 90% off.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 16:43 YourNick

Star Trek TOS remastered discs does give you the option for the special effects (original or remastered.) Changing the pixelation with a press of a key sounds like a good idea. Though you can always watch YouTube videos of the original pixelated version, such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36OmC5UbME  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 16:35 Orogogus

YourNick wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 16:32:
The lack of pixelation might reduce the nostalgia a tad though, I wonder if they'd have both versions accessible.

Really? Like the Monkey Island games, except instead of a different artstyle you press a key and there are jaggies everywhere? That just seems weird to me.

6. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 16:32 YourNick

This appears to be the first download purchase version of the game, remastered or not. The lack of pixelation might reduce the nostalgia a tad though, I wonder if they'd have both versions accessible.
(BTW I can't stand the term 'digital download', like where are the 'analog downloads'?)
Did they also re-sample the audio at a higher bitrate?

5. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 11:41 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 00:11:
Such a fucking awesome adventure game. LucasArts at its peak.

Bonus: Mark Hamill voice acting.

I wasn't as into LucasArts adventure games as most (I don't think), but even I loved Full Throttle.

4. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 07:57 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 01:56:
Am I the only one tired of Double Fine riding on the coat tails of awesome Lucasarts games?
Yes.

I want Psychonauts 2 dammit.
Why, do you think, does Double Fine all these remakes? Because they do not cost much to produce AND they bring in quite a nice sum, which helps DF in making Psychonauts 2. Which is scheduled for release next year, if all goes according to plan.

3. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 06:55 Linthat22

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 01:56:
Am I the only one tired of Double Fine riding on the coat tails of awesome Lucasarts games?

I think it's awesome that a company like Double Fine is updating old classics for a new generation to enjoy. I don't know many 6 year olds that enjoy 640x480 pixelated graphics that some of us grew up with.

2. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 01:56 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

1. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 00:11 jdreyer

Such a fucking awesome adventure game. LucasArts at its peak.

Bonus: Mark Hamill voice acting.

Stay a while, and listen.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo