Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 14, 2017, 10:28 Creston

Fantaz wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 01:36:
you don't really need solid 60fps to have a fun gaming experience... i'm fine settling with anywhere above 30fps tbh and ps4 pro delivers on all games at 4K with at least 30fps, so i dont think they're that underpowered

If you set it above 30fps and then it keeps fluctuating, it'll be terrible, especially as TVs don't really do well with variable framerates. It'll feel smooth at one point, then slow as molasses the next.

I dunno. About 90% of all people have a 1080p TV, and maybe 10% have a 4K tv. It seems like a weird thing to market almost exclusively to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 16:09 Eirikrautha

Fantaz wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 01:36:
Creston wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 19:40:
I still think it's so weird that Sony and MS to first deliver pretty underpowered new consoles, realize that they're underpowered, build new ones, and make these new ones go straight to (sorta) 4K, where they're again underpowered.

Why not let these things do every single possible graphical bell and whistle at 1080p and run at a rock solid 60fps?

It seems Scorpio may at least somewhat make a difference at 1080p? The PS4 Pro doesn't really do much.

Just stupid decisions.

you don't really need solid 60fps to have a fun gaming experience... i'm fine settling with anywhere above 30fps tbh and ps4 pro delivers on all games at 4K with at least 30fps, so i dont think they're that underpowered
No, "you" don't need a solid 60fps to have a fun gaming experience. FPS experience is a very subjective thing. Some people can't tell the difference between 30 and 60, and some people feel awful playing at 60 compared to 120.

Someone here posted an article several months back that had a good run-down on the issues with FPS. One takeaway was that FPS spikes and lags are the most noticeable problems. There is no way the new XBOne or PS4 are going to play at a smooth 30FPS at 4K. The spikes and lags are going to be very noticeable...

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 14:13 Kxmode

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 22:59:
Because "Does 4K!" is "good" marketing?

If there's one thing Sean Murray is good for it would be "good" marketing.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 13, 2017, 01:36 Fantaz

I still think it's so weird that Sony and MS to first deliver pretty underpowered new consoles, realize that they're underpowered, build new ones, and make these new ones go straight to (sorta) 4K, where they're again underpowered.

Why not let these things do every single possible graphical bell and whistle at 1080p and run at a rock solid 60fps?

It seems Scorpio may at least somewhat make a difference at 1080p? The PS4 Pro doesn't really do much.

Just stupid decisions.

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 12, 2017, 22:59 jdreyer

Just stupid decisions.

Because "Does 4K!" is "good" marketing?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 12, 2017, 19:40 Creston

Just stupid decisions.

2. Re: On Sale Mar 12, 2017, 18:48 Kxmode

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 13:48:
Sean Murray would like to thank all those who pre-ordered NMS and made this possible.

"You're welcome." *grumble grumble grumble ice tea*

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 12, 2017, 13:48 RedEye9

Sean Murray would like to thank all those who pre-ordered NMS and made this possible.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >