Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer

Mass Effect: Andromeda is not due for more than a week, but BioWare now offers the official launch trailer for the new installment in the spacey action/RPG series. This includes a brief blurb on the game: "You are on a mission to find a new home for humanity. Explore dangerous worlds, keep your crew alive, and unravel the mysteries of Andromeda. The journey begins now. How far will you go?"

View
51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

51. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 15, 2017, 10:17 Verno

Jerykk wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 21:51:
I feel like some people just want Andromeda to fail and are looking for any nitpick they can find to support their cynicism. It's an odd phenomenon that's grown increasingly common these days. It's definitely more prevalent with prequels, spin-offs and spiritual successors from different developers.

Maybe I've just become more mellow with age but I find it's easier to just enjoy games based on their strengths instead of looking for reasons to hate them.

I guess I'm the opposite. My time is important to me so I'm more critical. I find the adult version of me isn't as willing to tolerate shitty writing or trudge through laborious sections of games. I work for a living, I don't need to do it at home too. GF, kids, etc all suck up time man. I love to sit down and chill with games, they just need to be good. Put differently there are way too many good games out to waste time on things that aren't awesome.

I'm not totally going to write this off yet but there are a lot of warning signs.

Playing: Ever Oasis, Doom, Horizon Zero Dawn
Watching: Riviera, The Mist, Lucky Number Slevin
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

50. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 13, 2017, 20:46 Creston

Jerykk wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 21:51:
I feel like some people just want Andromeda to fail and are looking for any nitpick they can find to support their cynicism.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

49. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 15:09 Quinn

descender wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 09:50:
Actually, it looks like they're emphasizing run & gun a lot more than cover shooting in this one. You have a jetpack that you can use to dash in any direction and there's a lot more verticality in general.

You must have watched some other gameplay video... because this is just another cover shooter with blatantly obvious set pieces.

They've definitely done a better job of hiding the sets, but it still has that jarring feel of "oh hey, there are some waist high boxes over there, I better get ready for a big fight" rather than coming upon the fights dynamically.

Nobody can disagree with you. Impossible! It's incredibly obvious when a fight is coming. It's like stepping into a paintball arena.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

48. Re: New GeForce Drivers and GTX 1080 Ti Reviews Mar 13, 2017, 09:50 descender

Actually, it looks like they're emphasizing run & gun a lot more than cover shooting in this one. You have a jetpack that you can use to dash in any direction and there's a lot more verticality in general.

You must have watched some other gameplay video... because this is just another cover shooter with blatantly obvious set pieces.

They've definitely done a better job of hiding the sets, but it still has that jarring feel of "oh hey, there are some waist high boxes over there, I better get ready for a big fight" rather than coming upon the fights dynamically.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2017, 10:23.

47. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 21:51 Jerykk

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 13:03:
- It screams casual console cover shooter out of every pore. If you watch the combat video, it once again has those conveniently placed rocks, containers etc. just like the previous games so you know exactly when an area has been designed for a combat encounter just from its design.

As for the lip-sync in the Twitch video, the audio is clearly out of sync in the video and not in the game. Watch the beginning and look at the actual, real-world people talking.

I feel like some people just want Andromeda to fail and are looking for any nitpick they can find to support their cynicism. It's an odd phenomenon that's grown increasingly common these days. It's definitely more prevalent with prequels, spin-offs and spiritual successors from different developers.

Maybe I've just become more mellow with age but I find it's easier to just enjoy games based on their strengths instead of looking for reasons to hate them.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2017, 22:01.

46. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 13:18 Quinn

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 20:25:
i was taking a look at the PAX East livestream.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN4gYwGZhs&t=157s

and noticed the lipsynching of conversations in the in-game cutscenes was way, way, way off - it looks so wrong.. like 90s era stuff

I respect you guys as fellow gamers but this is /facepalm for me, mate. Look at the vid again. There's an obvious audio/video sync issue in the clip, yes, but if you pay it an ounce of your attention you see that it's not bad lipsynching. The P's and the O's in particular are the telltale sign that the lipsynching is actually pretty amazing. It looks like shit because in the vid the video is earlier than the audio -- or the other way around, cba to mindfuck myself over it atm. Must've been a Twitch fuckup or w/e.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

45. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 13:07 Task

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 20:25:
and noticed the lipsynching of conversations in the in-game cutscenes was way, way, way off - it looks so wrong.. like 90s era stuff

Which is odd to me, because there are some rare gems from the old days that actually did have pretty good lip synching for old tech. And then there is Half-Life 2 (2004), Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (2004), and also Heavenly Sword (2007) with really good facial animation (and also Witcher 2 and 3). Not sure what gives with EA/Dice not being able to pull off good facial animations when its been done long before the tech used for Andromeda.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

44. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 12:38 Task

I thought 'man they sure are hyping the heck out of this' while for some reason thinking this was being released later in December, but now I see that it is March 21st. I have the collector editions of ME2-3, but the the Andromeda one seems silly to me. A remote control car? Maybe for a 12 year old, really not my thing.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 2017, 12:56.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

43. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 12:16 eRe4s3r

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 09:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 00:35:
Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 12:46:
So GMG has a pretty good 20% off deal, but say the release date is Thursday the 23rd? It's coming out on the 21st, isn't it?

no, it's coming out on the 23rd according to Origin. I think you can somehow buy yourself earlier in on the console.. but I have no clue about that. Anyway, got it pre-ordered for 44€ as well, pretty good deal indeed.

Origin states this for me...
Windows pre-load date: March 17, 2017 10:00 AM PDT
Windows release date: March 20, 2017 9:00 PM PDT

Amazon shows this;
Release date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017

It's not uncommon for GMG to release it a couple days after actual street date, however this is the first time I've seen that happen on a AAA title.

It says this for me
Release date: (Origin)
March 23, 2017 12:00 AM CET

23. März 2017 (Amazon)

So EU releases 2 days later? wtf?

Checking news about it, apparently it does.. huh... that sucks, so I gotta skip Bluesnews for 2 days then ~.~

42. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 10:03 El Pit

So GMG has a pretty good 20% off deal, but say the release date is Thursday the 23rd? It's coming out on the 21st, isn't it?

Logged out it's 17% off for me, and logged in a whopping 18% off! WOW!

Maybe this is because they send me a 5% off coupon for my birthday and that is why I only get 18% logged in. In other words: the 5% off coupon is pretty much useless this way, if I am right.

Well, I can wait. Even two years or so. No biggie, got lots of other games waiting for me.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

41. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 09:19 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 12, 2017, 00:35:

no, it's coming out on the 23rd according to Origin. I think you can somehow buy yourself earlier in on the console.. but I have no clue about that. Anyway, got it pre-ordered for 44€ as well, pretty good deal indeed.

Origin states this for me...
Windows pre-load date: March 17, 2017 10:00 AM PDT
Windows release date: March 20, 2017 9:00 PM PDT

Amazon shows this;
Release date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017

It's not uncommon for GMG to release it a couple days after actual street date, however this is the first time I've seen that happen on a AAA title.

40. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 12, 2017, 00:35 eRe4s3r

39. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 21:53 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 11:46:
Quinn wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 11:38:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 11:13:
Oh come on everyone... with me:

I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human, cha cha cha

I mean.. these kinda lyrics, I hate them. "I'm only human" yeah so what are you saying? There's no other standard to compare "human" with because that's all all of us are. Now, if this is a song made in the ME universe... it's racist and implying that humans are inferior to the other races. Lolz.

Dumb song. Dumb lyrics. Can't move on. Horrified.

#humanlivesmatter

Should be a tag (paid dlc) that you can spray all over alien space!

That would be hysterically funny xP The quest should be on a planet where humans are killing eachother off and are actively against the authority, yet blame all their misfortune on those blue-privilaged Asari.

Ok ok I dragged the joke on for too long. Couldn't help it. I'm only human, after all.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

38. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 14:34 HorrorScope

"Were Only Human" to the key of Mary Tyler Moore:

Who can turn the world on with their smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's humans, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it
You're only human after all
How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, human this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it

37. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 13:27 Agent-Zero

I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all

I mean.. these kinda lyrics, I hate them. "I'm only human" yeah so what are you saying? There's no other standard to compare "human" with because that's all all of us are. Now, if this is a song made in the ME universe... it's racist and implying that humans are inferior to the other races. Lolz.

heres some different lyrics from an actual artist:

("We're only human" is our excuse to say we're not in control over our actions preferring to blame some "natural process" for our own self-indulgence In personal gain)

36. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 13:26 Agent-Zero

Nucas wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 04:50:
i think this looks great but i guess we're supposed to be ironically detached or something now because its an established franchise?

hipsters, yadda yadda - amirite?

35. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 13:03 CJ_Parker

Nucas wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 04:50:
i think this looks great but i guess we're supposed to be ironically detached or something now because its an established franchise?

You're supposed to be non-ironically detached because this is fucking garbage to the power of infinity.

- It screams casual console cover shooter out of every pore. If you watch the combat video, it once again has those conveniently placed rocks, containers etc. just like the previous games so you know exactly when an area has been designed for a combat encounter just from its design.
- What to think of a "RPG" where you have to enter the menu and reroll your class every five minutes depending on the combat situation? That's some really immersive shit, right?
- The facial anims have been rightfully criticized because they look like copy&paste from Mass Effect 1 a decade ago.
- The graphics are generally "teh suck". It's the typical Frostshite problem where everything looks super-artificial like it was modeled from plastic and Lego. This is a horrible engine that does not actually put you "there" but it makes it all feel like a tech demo or a glossy showcase. It's maximum garbage is what it is.

And then you have fucking retarded marketing like this which is very reminiscent of DAO marketing with the heavy metal gore trailer that was clearly aimed at the sub-12 year old demographic.
This game has wait for a sale written all over it if I've ever seen a game with that writing on it.

Anyone with half a brain should at the very least wait until EA discloses their "exciting" DLC plans. All we know is that there won't be a season pass but there will definitely be DLC and knowing EA/BioWhore it'll be stuff you wish woulda been in the game at the start or makes ya wish ya woulda waited for a GOTY complete version or summin'.

So, yeah, it is OK to be totally non-ironically not buying this fucking shit, you know? What a concept!!! Not preordering the latest hype!! OMG!!! Is it even possible???

34. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 12:46 Creston

33. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:53 Phasenoise

Boots and Blood by FFDP would have been a lot better.  

32. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launch Trailer Mar 11, 2017, 11:46 El Pit

I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all
I'm only human after all

#humanlivesmatter

Should be a tag (paid dlc) that you can spray all over alien space!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

51 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo