Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Division Free Expansion Plans

There's an anniversary celebration for Tom Clancy's The Division on UbiBlog, where they discuss the first year of release for the open-world action game. They say two free expansions will come to the game during the coming year, offering some early details:

That free content for Year 2 is coming in the form of two separate expansions planned for release this year. The first unnamed expansion will be based on an event system that drives players to activities that feature modifiers, leaderboards, and unique vanity items that will only be available through these activities. In addition, Gerighty says the team has plans to include a loadout feature that will let players switch efficiently and quickly between their favorite gear combinations, as well as a system to mark a player’s feats. “[It] will reward players for different activities – long-term activities, short-term activities, and medium-term activities within the game,” Gerighty adds. “Basically, our Division achievements, if you will.”

The second expansion is still far enough away that the team doesn’t want to comment on it, and while Gerighty stresses that it will be “more content-focused”, new story missions won’t necessarily be a part of the package. “Story missions are tricky, but that doesn’t mean we won’t have narrative content,” he says. “We can’t really deliver story missions that will fit into the RPG aspects of the game in a simple way. So we’re not going to be doing the classic main mission type of thing, but narrative content is something that we are definitely looking at.”

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 10:10 Frijoles

Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 00:02:
Third is a proper 8v8 MP mode, kill people and cap flags.

Needs more maps and game types. Throw in some contaminated zones where you have to unlock a chest of filters to use it. That'd be fun. Take a filter off a dead body. I've played several hours of Last Stand and while it's fun as a mindless 8v8, I'm getting a bit bored with it. Seems there's only 2 or 3 different maps/areas for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 02:43 Slick

Vio wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 02:14:
First is a level-generator for grinding co-op missions,
I haven't been back in a while - can this be done solo, is it fun?

It can be done solo, imo more fun with pick-up-groups.

It's fun for a good 8-10 hours, then gets old. But TBH I don't care as much for non-pvp content. Basically if you enjoy doing the main story missions over and over, this is more fun than that, because it's the same shit but randomly generated. After about 10 hours you start seeing the same level "pieces" over and over, but to their credit there is a lot of different ways for a map to play out. And indoor environments I get better framerates, so I'm able to crank the settings a bit for this mode, looks gorgeous.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

4. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 02:14 Vio

First is a level-generator for grinding co-op missions,
I haven't been back in a while - can this be done solo, is it fun?

3. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 9, 2017, 00:02 Slick

Yeah, the game was totally overrun by cheaters a few months in. I stayed away for about 7-8 months, then when i came back I've only seen 2 cheaters so far. Also you can simple /report them in-game now.

The expansions are fun.

First is a level-generator for grinding co-op missions, haven't played the same layout twice, satisfies my diablo-esque thirst for generated maps.

Second is a "battle royale" mode that's very very intense, especially in PvP

Third is a proper 8v8 MP mode, kill people and cap flags.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

2. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Mar 8, 2017, 23:46 Wowbagger_TIP

Slick wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 23:03:
cool.

The game desperately needs a loadout feature, as it's a giant pain to switch and carry all my different gear sets.

People still play this game? I quit after about a month. Once you got past the story it was a terrible, boring as hell grind. The Phoenix whatever update was terrible too, so I never went back. They couldn't balance the game for shit, and cheating was rampant in the Dark Zone.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

1. Re: The Division Free Expansion Plans Mar 8, 2017, 23:03 Slick

cool.

The game desperately needs a loadout feature, as it's a giant pain to switch and carry all my different gear sets.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo