Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC

Fatshark announces that Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide has sold more than one million copies. To celebrate, they offer a Lorebook DLC pack for the Warhammer action game. This offers a quest to create your own lore book, as outlined in the description:

Hidden and strewn around the various missions of Vermintide and its DLCs, you will find unique Lorebook pages. By picking up a page of the Lorebook, you will slowly unlock the story behind the various locations, enemies and even the Heroes of Ubersreik. Discover details you never knew or simply lose yourself in the rich world of Warhammer Fantasy.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 9, 2017, 16:29 Tipsy McStagger

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 9, 2017, 15:42:
I played through the first mission this afternoon, Easy mode of course, with a Templar. I'm pretty impressed by the detail and size of the maps, but I don't get the whole Tome mechanic. It's just extra experience? But it takes up a health slot? If you get all 3 do you just get more experience or does it turn into loot or something? I'll read up on it.

I won the game easily with bots, tried a multiplayer game, also on "Easy," holy shit, people ran off and died, got captured by rats, blew through the health potions/packs with ease, etc.

I wish there was a better sound indication for a headshot, or a cursor color change or something, but aside from that, pretty interesting so far. I looted a green one-handed axe for the Templar, with a special ability, but only from the finished solo game. I take it if you die(like we did in random multiplayer) that you get nothing basically, aside from materials?

*EDIT* Tome = Extra loot dice, easy enough. I assume veteran players will know where the hell the tomes actually are on each map, I found one so far out of 3 on the horn map.

Harder settings, bots don't work.

Also use a the 2h Zweihander for the Templar when you get it. it's by far the best weapon to use with him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 9, 2017, 15:42 MoreLuckThanSkill

I played through the first mission this afternoon, Easy mode of course, with a Templar. I'm pretty impressed by the detail and size of the maps, but I don't get the whole Tome mechanic. It's just extra experience? But it takes up a health slot? If you get all 3 do you just get more experience or does it turn into loot or something? I'll read up on it.

I won the game easily with bots, tried a multiplayer game, also on "Easy," holy shit, people ran off and died, got captured by rats, blew through the health potions/packs with ease, etc.

I wish there was a better sound indication for a headshot, or a cursor color change or something, but aside from that, pretty interesting so far. I looted a green one-handed axe for the Templar, with a special ability, but only from the finished solo game. I take it if you die(like we did in random multiplayer) that you get nothing basically, aside from materials?

*EDIT* Tome = Extra loot dice, easy enough. I assume veteran players will know where the hell the tomes actually are on each map, I found one so far out of 3 on the horn map.

8. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 9, 2017, 04:17 VaranDragon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 15:45:
VaranDragon wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 12:19:
Great game. Better than L4D at least for PvE. Would be even better if they added a PvP mode.

Isn't this game a bit grindy, with random class based loot drops at the end of missions, or something along those lines? I've thought about trying to get my coop group to get into this a couple of times, whenever it's on sale, but I hear the grind (and community) is rough.

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Wow that Humble bundle up now is a bargain, I'll probably just get it regardless, how necessary are these map pack DLCs?

The loot drops just give you extra incentives to play some more. There are "daily" quests with some nice "legendary" rewards too. Fact of the matter is, skill matters more than what kind of weapon you have. The different types of melee weapons, shields, guns etc. allow for slightly different playstyles with the same classes. Some people will get stuck up on the grindy aspects of the game, but once you figure out crafting you can quickly gear up any of the characters just the way you want. It might take a while after that to get the highest "grade" weapons you want, but they don't really matter as much as people think they do, skill and how you use what you have is much more important.

7. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 20:16 Prez

Love this game! As far as the DLC goes, if you are playing with someone who has it and they are hosting, you get to play on those maps too!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 18:56 Agent-Zero

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 15:45:
Great game. Better than L4D at least for PvE. Would be even better if they added a PvP mode.

Isn't this game a bit grindy, with random class based loot drops at the end of missions, or something along those lines? I've thought about trying to get my coop group to get into this a couple of times, whenever it's on sale, but I hear the grind (and community) is rough.

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Wow that Humble bundle up now is a bargain, I'll probably just get it regardless, how necessary are these map pack DLCs?

havent played it in months, but when I was, yes - it had random loot drops but I managed to get lucky and score a legendary of my favorite weapon very early.. I say lucky because i almost never got another drop of that kind of weapon and realized why people were always bitching about that mechanic.. however you can tweak the RNG a bit by "crafting" type meltdown stuff

but I think they changed that somewhat in the updates, not sure - havent played in a while

but basically its the same as Left4Dead, which has no loot drops - so its grindy, but thats the whole point of the game itself - and honestly I agree its way more fun than L4D just in the basic combat/exploration/objectives and all that. as usual the pubs may put you into co-op with absolute retards and other random idiots that fuck everything up, but no more or less than any other game like this

but the game itself is quite good - i liked it.. but yeh, its basically a melee focused L4D with rat-men instead of zombies

5. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 17:27 Tipsy McStagger

Really fun game, retarded hard on the highest setting.

Needs teamwork to win.

4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 16:53 Osc8r

Seemed super shallow with limited replayability to me.

Played it during one of those free weekends and that was more than enough for me.

3. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 15:45 MoreLuckThanSkill

Thoughts?

2. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 14:02 Armengar

Juat picked it up cheap on humble bundle. Ive yet to play it.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

1. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Sells 1M - Free DLC Mar 8, 2017, 12:19 VaranDragon

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo