Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Quake Champions Beta Signups

Bethesda.net announces signups are now underway for Quake Champions. Signups are underway on the game's new official website. Here's the news:

It’s almost time to return to the Arenas, so dust off your rocket jumping and Railgun skills – sign-ups for the highly anticipated Closed Beta for Quake Champions are now open on the game’s new official site. The Closed Beta is expected to begin in the coming weeks, and if you’re going to be attending PAX East this weekend at the Boston Convention Center, Quake Champions will be playable at the Bethesda Booth.

The new website is loaded up with details on many of the Arenas, weapons and Champions you’ll be able to check out when the game enters Closed Beta. Also, keep an eye out this week for more info and gameplay videos. On Wednesday, we’ll start our Champion profiles with a new trailer focused on Nyx, and on Thursday we’ll showcase the first Arena, Blood Covenant.

To celebrate the Closed Beta, we have a brand-new gameplay trailer, showing off all the frantic, skill-based fragging and intense speed players can expect from the next great Quake multiplayer game.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 9, 2017, 04:20 VaranDragon

Nullity wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 13:08:
coldcut wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 04:07:
I'll just leave this here

If Quake was done today

"When I was your age, we rocket jumped all the way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"

<3

I still remember figuring out how to get out of the lava on Q1DM4, took me a while. But after a while I could do it with my eyes closed. Damn, I loved that map, and that game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 21:42 MajorD

This thread has been quite entertaining today....

....now, if I could just find that damn <any key>!

Still counting...

30. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 21:06 Hump

classic bit. The Boss encounter made me howl the first time I watched this  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

29. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 20:58 ColoradoHoudini

I put this right in there with Lawbreakers.. a dud a few months in, if not out of the gate.

Why not make a Quake version of the old XMP? Something bigger.. larger teams, vehicles, bases, deployables, assets, etc..
another arena shooter but with heroes? Except.. you're not Blizzard and this won't be nearly the same tier.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 20:03 descender

Spam? What is this, 1995? Who the fuck gets SPAM in their inbox? What kind of poser PC user are you? Do I literally have to spell out how to forward emails from the developer and none of the others? Did you need to get help turning the screen on first or did you work that one out for yourself?

There is no magic "tracking software" that can detect email forwarding. At best they use embedded images and other than you deciding to load such images in an HTML message... which you obviously wouldn't have enabled in the first place because you are the gr8test pc user evar1!@%!$... right? Rolleyes

Why would you forward yourself anything other than a plain-text email from a throwaway account in the first place?

I don't think you've ever actually done this correctly. No brains. Not a single fucking cell. So yes, this is probably part of the "Trump phenomenon" where one dipshit just talks louder and makes fun of the other person to make their point despite having no clue what they are talking about. It just wasn't the way you were expecting.

Troll on trollhard.

27. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 20:00 RedEye9

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 13:49:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 13:22:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 12:52:
LOL you can only hit 'submit' if you also check the box that you agree to be spammed by those fuckers. How about no, Bethesda? How about making it optional whether I want to be spammed to hell and back?

Did not sign up, of course. I don't want any shitty "updates on products, news and special offers". I'm not overly interested in this type of game to begin with. MOBA = yawn to the power of infinity.
Could have gave them a general throw away email address but would rather complain. typical

Yup. Awesome idea. Except they will probably send beta notifications and keys to that throwaway address which ain't much of a throwaway address if I have to monitor it for that kind of shit, right?

Could have thought shit through before posting but chose not to. Typical.
Sorry, I will explain the purpose of the throw away email because you seem to have an issue with such a simple concept.

• Go to yahoo, gmail, yandex, outlook or your favorite free email site

• Create free email

• Give email to Bethesda

• Check email and get key

• Don't check email anymore

• Play game

• The first world and its horrible issues like monitoring an email for a key. shudders
    I just did not think it was that hard of a concept.

TLDR A throwaway e-mail address is used to register for something: for example, a game code. One throwaway address can be used multiple times at different sites for many such purposes.

If you need help with performing any of these tasks CJ_Parker, or you don't understand any of the instructions just let us know. I am sure we can walk you through it.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2017, 20:12.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
    http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 18:05 CJ_Parker

descender wrote on Mar 8, 2017, 17:01:
    You do realize that you are supposed to forward your throwaway address to your real one... you know... so you aren't a fucking idiot? Then you turn the forward off after you get the key and.... I feel like I've gone too far.

Uuuhhh... so I forward the fucking spam that I do not want in the first place (no not even for a few months until the beta starts) to myself? Wow. What a GREAT idea.
    Besides, if they have proper tracking software, you do realize that they can track forwarding, right?

Seriously guys... is today some kinda NO BRAINZ day or something? Or is this the Trump phenomenon where everyone abroad goes a li'l more dumbtard every day? With this trend y'all will be sub-amoeba in four years. Keep it up! It is at least kinda entertaining...

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 8, 2017, 17:01 descender

You do realize that you are supposed to forward your throwaway address to your real one... you know... so you aren't a fucking idiot? Then you turn the forward off after you get the key and.... I feel like I've gone too far.  

24. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 13:49 CJ_Parker

LOL you can only hit 'submit' if you also check the box that you agree to be spammed by those fuckers. How about no, Bethesda? How about making it optional whether I want to be spammed to hell and back?

Did not sign up, of course. I don't want any shitty "updates on products, news and special offers". I'm not overly interested in this type of game to begin with. MOBA = yawn to the power of infinity.
    Could have gave them a general throw away email address but would rather complain. typical

Yup. Awesome idea. Except they will probably send beta notifications and keys to that throwaway address which ain't much of a throwaway address if I have to monitor it for that kind of shit, right?

Could have thought shit through before posting but chose not to. Typical.

23. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 13:41 Nullity

Or click the unsubscribe button in the first email they send you. Or use developer tools and enable the submit button, like I did.

22. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 13:22 RedEye9

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
    http://spaf.cerias.purdue.edu/quotes.html

21. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 13:08 Nullity

If Quake was done today

"When I was your age, we rocket jumped all the way to school uphill, both ways... IN BOILING LAVA"

<3

20. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 12:52 CJ_Parker

19. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 09:19 thecakeisalie

If Quake was done today

That video was made over 5 years ago. It's even worse now. Expect a Season Pass, DLC and pay-to-win microtransactions. And, to be cheap like Ubisoft, Peer-to-Peer matchmaking instead of dedicated server tech.

18. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 07:49 El Pit

If Quake was done today

Lacks third person perspective and huge pointers indicating where the enemies are. Also: mini map with red blips showing where the enemy has hidden. Add regenerating health, too.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

17. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 07:13 Vio

If Quake was done today
    love it

16. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 05:07 VaranDragon

If Quake was done today

Awesome

15. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 04:07 coldcut

If Quake was done today

14. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 03:05 VaranDragon

Veinman wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 23:32:
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled about the whole "hero" concept, but as long as I can play plain old Quake dude, I'll be happy.

Quakewatch. You know thats the damn truth. It's going to be Quakewatch with the same stupid hero MOBA shit. Overwatch is a fun game. But id like a game where personal skill can also be put to the test, where you can play team, or FFA, or 1 on 1 deathmatch. Just like with the original Quake, and Doom before it.

13. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 02:46 yuastnav

Won't get my hopes up but we'll see how it'll turn out.  

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo