Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released

The GeForce website announces Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is now available for Windows, giving NVIDIA another chance to brag about the NVIDIA GameWorks effects supported by the new third- and first-person shooter. The game is available on Steam and Uplay, and here's a bit on what to expect:

A third-person open-world shooter (with an FPS aim-down-the-sights mechanic), Tom Clancy's Ghost ReconŽ Wildlands contains a wide variety of exotic regions. You'll scout out and partake in combat in jungles, salt flats, lakes, coca plantations, mines, highlands, and canyons. Each area is vividly detailed, and designed to immerse you as much as possible into the action. Enhancing the natural vistas is a persistent day and night cycle and a varied weather system, making each adventure feel unpredictable and different. In an effort to make the country as authentic as possible, the developers took a two-week field trip to get a first-hand look at its many environments. Ubisoft also utilized military consultants and certified botanists to further develop the game's systems, and they claim that the regions' numerous non-playable characters behave like normal people, complete with their own jobs, allegiances, and motivations. All of this makes Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands feel like a lived-in, unscripted world.

But before you start planning coordinated incursions, brave rescue missions, and political upheavals, you'll start the game by creating a personalized character with a highly malleable appearance. You can adjust almost everything imaginable: hair color and style, musculature, eyes, facial structure, beard length, scars and burn marks, camouflage designs, and lots of others. You could likely spend an hour or more creating your ideal in-game persona, but you could just as easily pick from one of many randomized motifs as well. Once your character is set, you'll find yourself inside a helicopter with the rest of your crew, ready to deploy.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 8, 2017, 00:17 Darks

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 16:12:
Darks wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 15:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 15:04:
So is this basically Just Cause 3 with worse controls?

No, how about all your nay Sayers play the game first before bashing the game. You all are talking out of your asses without any play time. Seriously!!

What's with you getting triggered by this JC3 reference, Darks? I've played the beta as well and I thought it absolutely horrid garbage. It did remind me of JC3, but it just made me wanna play JC3 instead because that game is actually fun and not shallow as fuuuuuuUUUUUCK gameplay wise.

Hmm, yea ok. so Steam reviews are sitting well over 1200 at very Positive.in just one day. So I would say that makes the game very successful!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 21:33 HoSpanky

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 19:31:
HoSpanky wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 17:58:
Has anyone been running hardware monitors while playing this? The questionable performance may be CPU limited, which would explain a 1080 and a 980 running about the same.

wat??

Check out the Evening Tech Bits link for this article at TechPowerUp. Matches my observations with a GTX 1080 exactly. Roundabout 50fps at 1440p all maxed out to the brim.
It also shows that the game is GPU limited, of course. GTX 980 and 1080 aren't even in the same ballpark. Whoever is claiming something silly as that probably doesn't know what the fuck they are doing or how to even access the graphics options or something like that. The game scales very nicely the fatter the graphics card.

Holy shit, CJ said something that wasn't bashing the game, included a link to proof of his argument.

The world ends tonight, possibly.
Although it'd take Luke posting something positive, without the clown emoji, to convince me it was the end of the world.

29. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 20:09 NewMaxx

Has anyone been running hardware monitors while playing this?

Been playing at 1080p60 at Very High with annoying shit turned off (DOF, Motion Blur) but Turf turned on and AF kicked up. CPU usage is upwards of 70% (6700K @ 4.4) and GPU usage hits up to 55% or so (75% of core speed, 75% usage = 56%, memory not considered) with a 1080 @ 2050. I recorded (x264) tons during the two betas and hit maybe 90% CPU usage at worst, IIRC. There's just certain graphics settings that don't work well. NVIDIA usually puts out very specific guides for these...

28. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 19:45 HorrorScope

Is JC3 a coop game? I was under the impression it wasn't.  

27. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 19:31 CJ_Parker

Has anyone been running hardware monitors while playing this? The questionable performance may be CPU limited, which would explain a 1080 and a 980 running about the same.

wat??

Check out the Evening Tech Bits link for this article at TechPowerUp. Matches my observations with a GTX 1080 exactly. Roundabout 50fps at 1440p all maxed out to the brim.
It also shows that the game is GPU limited, of course. GTX 980 and 1080 aren't even in the same ballpark. Whoever is claiming something silly as that probably doesn't know what the fuck they are doing or how to even access the graphics options or something like that. The game scales very nicely the fatter the graphics card.

26. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 19:04 Cutter

This game is just not worth the 60 Freedom dollars they're asking. 20 at most.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

25. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:48 xXStellarDadXx

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:05:
Just play with 3 other people the whole time and the game is a blast. I started, went multi and within 1 min had a full team and we played all together for hours. We just did what we wanted and explored while doing side missions. Can't wait to fire it up again tonight.

First/third who cares about that in 2017? This is not a TC game of yore so get over that crap. Jump in with friends and have fun.

My friend and i played the beta and had a blast....all that matters to me i guess..

24. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:41 Osc8r

Quinn wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 18:20:
Just play with 3 other people the whole time and the game is a blast. I started, went multi and within 1 min had a full team and we played all together for hours. We just did what we wanted and explored while doing side missions. Can't wait to fire it up again tonight.

Maybe this shit is fun when you're 16 and all your school buddies can join you. Other than those kids I guess 1% of the adults have a standard group of friends they can consistently play co-op games with. I don't see the point of joining random PUGs in these kind of games. I did it in the beta and nobody waited for eachother so we ended up just charging into bases, glory-hunting for kills.

Fucking horrid shit. I wish they'd ditch the co-op concept for fucking ever. It's the reason this game is so horribly bad in SP. Basic shit isn't in there because it would be too stressful for a co-op server. Like good AI, good physics, corpse manipulation (seriously when was the last time a game had corpses that didn't react to post-mutilation?), different bullet speeds per weapon type, etc. The devil is in the details, and this game lacks details. Bad.

Show me on the doll where co-op support touched you.

You know what else was fun when i was 16? Playing single player games with corpse mutilation.

Come on, as if co-op had any impact on any of these mechanics. There's plenty of open world co-op games with all that and more.

More likely a combination of a) ubisoft b) consoles c) rushed game.

23. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:40 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 17:29:
You really don't get why people compare this to JC and MGS:V ? Gee, I dunno, maybe because of open world sandbox, base conquest, missions targets that you have "eliminate" however you want? Missions that you can approach however you want? "freeing" areas by capturing bases (MGS:V had this not at all, but if you destroyed the HQ and coms in the area things get a lot more relaxed in the open world....) and most importantly, vehicles you can control when and how you want?

So how is this concept "nothing at all like it" ? Isn't it open world do what you want how you want blow shit up and kill all red stuff sandbox? Then you may wanna tell that to Twitch streamers...

It has plenty of similarities and appears to follow the same open-world blueprint but from the beta, I wouldn't say it's the same as JC3. JC3 was about explosions and wingsuits, this seems to be about stealth and CQC.

Shame it is third person. I also played the Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 beta which did seem comparable to Wildlands but it's designed for solo play and it's 1st person so I'm keeping a closer eye on that. Co-op is great fun but actually getting 4 people online together long enough to complete a campaign isn't something that I can arrange very often.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

22. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:20 Quinn

Maybe this shit is fun when you're 16 and all your school buddies can join you. Other than those kids I guess 1% of the adults have a standard group of friends they can consistently play co-op games with. I don't see the point of joining random PUGs in these kind of games. I did it in the beta and nobody waited for eachother so we ended up just charging into bases, glory-hunting for kills.

Fucking horrid shit. I wish they'd ditch the co-op concept for fucking ever. It's the reason this game is so horribly bad in SP. Basic shit isn't in there because it would be too stressful for a co-op server. Like good AI, good physics, corpse manipulation (seriously when was the last time a game had corpses that didn't react to post-mutilation?), different bullet speeds per weapon type, etc. The devil is in the details, and this game lacks details. Bad.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

21. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:05 ledhead1969

First/third who cares about that in 2017? This is not a TC game of yore so get over that crap. Jump in with friends and have fun.

20. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 17:58 HoSpanky

I'm on a 1080, the beta ran silky smooth with everything on max except I think shadows, but I also have a g-sync monitor which makes lowered framerate far less obvious. Lately, framerate limitations in games have been entirely due to one of my CPU cores being maxed out. Game devs still don't seem to have a good way to deal with multiple cores efficiently, one of them is usually at 100% while the others dawdle along at 60 or less.

19. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 17:29 eRe4s3r

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 16:29:

i still dont get this comparison.. did you never use the grappling hook, parachute and wingsuit?? to me, that is the whole point of JC3, its 90% of the game - and none of that is in this game... except parachuting from a copter, but its far more like BF than JC because you dont even have anywhere close to the same manueverability

also there is no destructible environments and hundreds of giant gas tanks that explode into massive fireballs and send physics debris in every direction causing a chain reaction

so no, its not "basically Just Cause 3" at all.. its not even fucking close unless the only thing you are going by is "its 3rd person perspective and has guns!!", and thats just fucking retarded

the whole concept is nothing like it at all.. one is a psuedo-tactical stealth game, one is over the top comedy action

You really don't get why people compare this to JC and MGS:V ? Gee, I dunno, maybe because of open world sandbox, base conquest, missions targets that you have "eliminate" however you want? Missions that you can approach however you want? "freeing" areas by capturing bases (MGS:V had this not at all, but if you destroyed the HQ and coms in the area things get a lot more relaxed in the open world....) and most importantly, vehicles you can control when and how you want?

So how is this concept "nothing at all like it" ? Isn't it open world do what you want how you want blow shit up and kill all red stuff sandbox? Then you may wanna tell that to Twitch streamers...

18. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 16:29 Agent-Zero

i still dont get this comparison.. did you never use the grappling hook, parachute and wingsuit?? to me, that is the whole point of JC3, its 90% of the game - and none of that is in this game... except parachuting from a copter, but its far more like BF than JC because you dont even have anywhere close to the same manueverability

also there is no destructible environments and hundreds of giant gas tanks that explode into massive fireballs and send physics debris in every direction causing a chain reaction

so no, its not "basically Just Cause 3" at all.. its not even fucking close unless the only thing you are going by is "its 3rd person perspective and has guns!!", and thats just fucking retarded

the whole concept is nothing like it at all.. one is a psuedo-tactical stealth game, one is over the top comedy action

17. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 16:12 Quinn

No, how about all your nay Sayers play the game first before bashing the game. You all are talking out of your asses without any play time. Seriously!!

What's with you getting triggered by this JC3 reference, Darks? I've played the beta as well and I thought it absolutely horrid garbage. It did remind me of JC3, but it just made me wanna play JC3 instead because that game is actually fun and not shallow as fuuuuuuUUUUUCK gameplay wise.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

16. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 16:10 eRe4s3r

You missed your pills today? I looked up a quick twitch stream, it looked like a shittier Just Cause 3, and shittier controls because I Saw in-door combat.. hahaha, or what passes as that with the dumb as bricks AI. That is all I meant with that. You saying you don't see the similarities?

15. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 16:00 DangerDog

Trump Recon Wildlands, time to go kill some Mexicans!

and Bolivia super mad at ubi for making this game take place in their country.

14. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 15:28 MajorD

I played the open beta, which is when I formulated 'my' opinion.

Still counting...

13. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 15:23 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

12. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 15:04 eRe4s3r

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo