Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 17:17 NewMaxx

The Slashdot comments are pretty informative, worth reading through. Like most things it's not as simple as it looks.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 12:58 BobBob

Microsoft had it right, but it became an ethics issue. There needs to be an avoid 'high crime area' option. If I'm driving outside the beach cities, I generally stay on the freeway to avoid bad neighborhoods.

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 12:20 Cutter

Using crosswalks, wider sidewalks and traffic lights, these transportation engineers aim to make neighborhood traffic slow, safe, and friendly for pedestrians not send frustrated commuters barreling down side roads.

And there's your problem right there, Vern. Hey guess what, those commuters have every right to use those roads. They pay for them too. And the entire point of roadways is to make it easier and faster for people to get from point A to point B. Just ask the Romans. If they want to get people out of cars they have to provide real, viable alternatives. It's never going to happen until they do. The GTA is one of the largest cities in NA and driving is a nightmare, but the options for public transit - or the lack thereof - are far, far worse.

That aside I'll never use those apps because they're all spyware. You'd think someone would be making apps that respect people's privacy.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2017, 11:41 Creston

"Don't trust your apps!" reads one road sign in Fremont, a city of 225,000 people just north of San Jose

"Instead, stand in traffic like we want you to, and waste time and gas!"

Today, many planners say the only alternative cities have is by physically changing street layouts

Or, you know, maybe fix the actual bottleneck? WHAT I NEVER

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo