Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month

This video from Boss Key Productions features Cliff Bleszinski and Rohan Rivas with "a 2017 studio update," though they probably don't mean to imply it will be a year between updates. This post accompanies the video, explaining they are showing off LawBreakers at PAX East and discussing it during a panel at the show. They also offer signups for closed beta testing they say will run from March 16th though March 19th. Here's word:

Don’t live in Boston and/or your mechanized flight suit is in the shop? Don't worry, you'll have a chance to play too. Closed Beta starts on Steam the Thursday after PAX ends and runs 24 hours a day through Sunday.

Closed Beta #1 Begins
Thursday March 16th
9am PT/ Noon ET / 4pm UTC

Closed Beta #1 Ends
Sunday March 19th
9pm PT / Midnight ET / 4am UTC

Don’t have a Beta key? Sign up on this page (look in the upper right corner for the subtle “Sign Up For Beta” button) and we’ll hook you up a couple days before the tests begin through email.

Already have a key from Alpha? You’re all set. Just wait for our email on when you can download the Closed Beta build in advance of the 16th so you can be ready to play when the servers open up.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 7, 2017, 03:50 yuastnav

Really excited for this. I played the last closed alpha and there was indeed a lot of work to be done but it was incredibly fun. The shooting was really good and the pacing of the game was acceptable (compared to Quake 3 CPMA/Quake 2/Warsow there aren't any fast shooters availale anyway).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 7, 2017, 01:37 Slick

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 00:34:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 23:49:
Overwatch has heroes, a set amount of attacks, ultimates, synergy (ugh.. that term), classes, a regimented weapon set.. it's different than an arena shooter.

dunno what you are talking about, overwatch is 100% arena shooter

btw, you could also say

Overwatch Lawbreakers has heroes, a set amount of attacks, ultimates, synergy (ugh.. that term), classes, a regimented weapon set.. it's different than an arena shooter.

got him

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter

7. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 7, 2017, 00:34 Agent-Zero

Overwatch has heroes, a set amount of attacks, ultimates, synergy (ugh.. that term), classes, a regimented weapon set.. it's different than an arena shooter.

dunno what you are talking about, overwatch is 100% arena shooter

btw, you could also say

Overwatch Lawbreakers has heroes, a set amount of attacks, ultimates, synergy (ugh.. that term), classes, a regimented weapon set.. it's different than an arena shooter.

6. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 23:49 ColoradoHoudini

5. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 23:07 Slick

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 21:10:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 20:51:
Does this game have a market ya think?

Indeed it does. My understanding that both people who plan on purchasing the game are rather excited about it.

HAHAH!

I really don't know that these arena-styled shooters are doing anything for the community these days. Heck, it seems like they havent worked in the PC world since.. good lord, ahh.. someone help me out? What is the last popular and long-standing arena-styled shooter?

Overwatch?

There are two kinds of conservatives, the rich and the stupid, and most of them aren't rich. -Cutter

4. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 22:58 Slick

I played this about a year ago, it needed a lot of work, but it had potential. Lots of slow flight-time weapons and anti-gravity spheres which will annoy people who like their hitscan CoD type gunplay, but I enjoyed it. Fun traversal options too, from jetpacks to grappling hooks.

The issue as I remember was that it performed like garbage, UE4, so go figure. That was last year on my 980, so hoping that a 1080 will be able to play at FPS-level framerates.

3. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 22:25 ColoradoHoudini

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 21:10:

Indeed it does. My understanding that both people who plan on purchasing the game are rather excited about it.

HAHAH!

I really don't know that these arena-styled shooters are doing anything for the community these days. Heck, it seems like they havent worked in the PC world since.. good lord, ahh.. someone help me out? What is the last popular and long-standing arena-styled shooter?

2. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 21:10 Cutter

"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Royal

1. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 20:51 ColoradoHoudini

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo