Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details

There's a new article on the GeForce website with technical details about Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, NVIDIA GameWorks support, along with a 4K 60fps video from a couple of days ago. There's also a new post on UbiBlog on customization options in the game that includes a newer upload of the same video. This also discusses PC specific features:

On the visual front, the PC version of Ghost Recon Wildlands supports not just 4K resolutions, but ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratios, multiple monitors, and resolution scaling between 50% and 200%. Theres no framerate cap, and the game even features Ansel support, letting players with compatible Nvidia cards take dynamic, 360-degree screenshots. The game also features a full range of graphics options, letting players tweak everything from general presets to godrays and ambient occlusion, and kicks in a benchmark tool, VRAM gauge, and the ability to preview graphics-settings changes to help ensure youre getting the best performance out of your system.

Ghost Recon Wildlands includes a number of other PC-exclusive features, including customizable controls, full keyboard and mouse support (including UI adaptation), multiplayer text chat for those not using headsets, and more. For a full rundown of features specific to the PC version, including specs and supported hardware, check out the full post on the official site.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 5, 2017, 10:53 El Pit

Slick wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 03:30:
Wait, your movement speed usually halves in EVERY FPS game when you ADS, what the hell are you guys on about? I don't know of any FPS game where you can run at full speed while ADSing, by nature it slows movement, and sometimes the mouse sensitivity (although can often be adjusted in settings)

You sort of tried to sell ADS as an alternative FPS mode, which it is not.

But as I said before, no problem. It will sell millions, but it is a game I would like to play in first person perspective, which is unfortunately not possible. I think they can afford me not buying the game. It is a shame though. UBI can pull it off in Farcry games, but somehow not in Wildlands.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 5, 2017, 03:30 Slick

Wait, your movement speed usually halves in EVERY FPS game when you ADS, what the hell are you guys on about? I don't know of any FPS game where you can run at full speed while ADSing, by nature it slows movement, and sometimes the mouse sensitivity (although can often be adjusted in settings)  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

16. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 5, 2017, 01:19 Avus

Ubisuck game with online MP, avoid at launch...  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

15. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 17:19 Flak

There was no 'escape' function in the beta if you got to the login screen but the servers were down.

Oobisoft still as massively incompetent as ever! What a waste of bandwidth that was.

14. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 13:19 HoSpanky

I was unimpressed by the game on all fronts. Everything felt super stiff, like they still had 6 months of work left. Trees and grass jitter about instead of swaying, vehicles don't steer with the keyboard, they go from forward to hard left/right instead of a smooth transition like every goddamn game in the last 10 years. Enemies would pop through animations during combat, moving their head a good foot away from where it was literally one frame earlier...this wasn't super common, but enough so that it wasn't just a singular glitch. My character had NO momentum, and all vehicles felt somewhat like that except the unbelievably shitty helicopter.

In shaaaarp contrast, I've spent the last couple days playing H:ZD, which is insanely polished in every regard. I did witness a ridiculous clipping issue with two midsize mechs trying to get me, but most of the time they will trample each other and shove each other around. It's pretty incredible to see.

13. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 12:48 Creston

Ubisoft Kiev?

12. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 11:10 Agent-Zero

IgWannA wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 06:26:
El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 04:54:
Slick wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 04:34:

Can you move in ADS?

Yes, you can.

https://youtu.be/fKYQsuoTcF8?t=80

movement speed is cut in half, and overall response time drops significantly because you cant swivel effectively ...

its just stupid and cumbersome

i have no idea why they didnt just make it switchable between full-on 1st person and 3rd person.. instead its some halfbaked bullshit, and essentially its just an ironsight mode where you can still walk around super slowly

11. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 07:56 El Pit

IgWannA wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 06:26:

Can you move in ADS?

Yes, you can.

Thanks, but it looks awkward and he seems to walk as soon as you change to ADS, so it is not really an FPS mode, unfortunately.

Whatever. They will sell millions, they don't need my money. And I got plenty of other games (like FarCry: Primal) on my backlog.

10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 06:59 ShakyJake

Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 20:59:
OK, im in doubt,about he Full Keyboard customizing of controls. because the Closed and Open beta did not allow me to rebind the HOME, DEL, PGUP, PGDN, END, INSERT keys. I even posted this on Twitter, their forums and in my Beta survey to them. So come Tuesday. Ill know for sure. if its still not I will be raising hell on their forums about this and pointing out their little lie.

Glad to see another lefty with the same problems I've been having with all these latest titles. If it's any help, I've been using a program called AutoHotkey to run a script before launching some of these games that swap those keys with WASDR+ on the keyboard, and effectively bypass the issue.

9. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 06:26 IgWannA

Can you move in ADS?

Yes, you can.

8. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 04:54 El Pit

You know when you ADS by default it goes to 1st person right? Seems the best of both worlds to me, the positional precision and situational awareness of 3rd person, and the gunplay of 1st person.

I don't think I'm going to buy this game for other reasons, but the POV I'm a fan of.

Can you move in ADS? Also: did you watch some videos dealing with fighting inside building in 3rd person in Wildlands? Go and do so. It does not work.

FPS for Wildlands or it is no game for me.

7. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 04:34 Slick

El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 02:37:
Dear UBI, here is what I would have loved to read:

On the visual front, the PC version of Ghost Recon Wildlands supports not just third person perspective, but also first person perspective.

THIS would have sold the game to me. But sticking to third person perspective makes me spend my money elsewhere. It's a shame, because it does look interesting.

You know when you ADS by default it goes to 1st person right? Seems the best of both worlds to me, the positional precision and situational awareness of 3rd person, and the gunplay of 1st person.

I don't think I'm going to buy this game for other reasons, but the POV I'm a fan of.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

6. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 4, 2017, 02:37 El Pit

Dear UBI, here is what I would have loved to read:

On the visual front, the PC version of Ghost Recon Wildlands supports not just third person perspective, but also first person perspective.

THIS would have sold the game to me. But sticking to third person perspective makes me spend my money elsewhere. It's a shame, because it does look interesting.

5. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 23:41 Agent-Zero

i had stuttering issues moving around the map in the first day or so, then i think they fixed whatever issue that was in an update because it went away on the last day or so.. seemed like a streaming problem of some sort

but the main issue is... who cares? the game is just pretty boring unless you are in co-op with friends and organizing raids together or whatever

even then its still pretty meh because the AI is crap and the 3rd person camera sucks donkey balls for this kind of game.. and the indoor combat shit is beyond retarded because of it, like rank amateur hour stuff, i guess they didnt bother with it because its so rare, but when it happens its just facepalm city on that

4. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 23:36 NewMaxx

I ran both betas with Very High settings (with some annoying effects disabled) at 1080p with my GTX 1080 and 6700K @ 4.4 with 32GB of RAM, on a SSD RAID-0. Anything more suffered too much in performance terms...which is pretty crazy. It's certainly possible to get high FPS most of the time but even that was only acceptable by my standards.  

3. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 22:04 Slick

LOL I want to know what mythical GPU is powering 4k @ 60fps with all the nvidia gameworks settings turned on.

I struggled to get 60 FPS @ 1080p (can't use my native 1440p) on med-high settings with a GTX 1080.

This is bollocks. Fuck nvidia and their gameworks bullshit nonsense. They use it to destroy performance on their competitors cards, and their OWN hardware can't even run it. I've never used an "nvidia gameworks" tech in graphic options when it's been available, as it usually costs me 30% of my framerate.

2. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 21:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 20:59:
OK, im in doubt,about he Full Keyboard customizing of controls. because the Closed and Open beta did not allow me to rebind the HOME, DEL, PGUP, PGDN, END, INSERT keys. I even posted this on Twitter, their forums and in my Beta survey to them. So come Tuesday. Ill know for sure. if its still not I will be raising hell on their forums about this and pointing out their little lie.

Ugh, how do studios these days still somehow forget to allow some keys to be rebound? Is it a console influence thing? Laziness? Or some sort of residual mapping issue that just hasn't gone away for like...20 years?

Although to be fair, they say "customizable controls" which is true, also "full keyboard and mouse support", which apparently is true. Of course, those two aren't 100% overlapping...

1. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands PC Details Mar 3, 2017, 20:59 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo