Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Hello Games New Project Plans

Ars Technica reports that Hello Games revealed a couple of new projects they are planning at GDC, though details are scant, and only one is said to be "in development" at this time. They say the revelation came towards the end of a discussion of the technology behind No Man's Sky where Sean Murray revealed one of the reasons that space game suffered such a rough launch was their inability to anticipate the number of concurrent users they would have to support. As for the new projects, they say they are continuing to experiment with the type of procedural generation they used in No Man's Sky. Here's what they are revealing for now:

Hello Labs

• Funding and supporting 1 or 2 Projects (one already in development)
  • Procedural Generation or Experimental Focuses
  • More details to follow

labs@hellogames.co.uk

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 5, 2017, 14:25 jdreyer

NetHead wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 05:54:
El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 08:44:
No Man's Sky 2: Star Citizen

The crossover we have all been waiting for! Pot and kettle finally met!

RSI has released something?

I just noticed, RSI (Roberts Space Industries) sounds more like repetitive strain injury, quite fittingly.
SC 3.0 alpha supposedly comes out in a couple of weeks.

Stay a while, and listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 5, 2017, 05:54 NetHead

El Pit wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 08:44:

RSI has released something?

I just noticed, RSI (Roberts Space Industries) sounds more like repetitive strain injury, quite fittingly.

29. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 4, 2017, 16:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Man, so much hate and anger still, surely No Man's Sky is on sale on Steam/Gog for like $5.99? Nope, still $60.

One would think they would at least drop the price, I'm still curious as to how it looks/plays on my comp... I'd definitely buy it for around 5 dollars.

28. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 4, 2017, 08:44 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

27. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 20:58 Kxmode

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:16:
I have a strong suspicion that before this game ships, Hello Games will quietly undergo a rebranding.

Or be victims of a financial riot. I would prefer financial rot.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

26. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2017, 20:56 Kxmode

Well, now it's nice to finally know I paid $60 to beta test their procedural tech. GG Sean. GG.

TamperMonkey scripts: Hide Users on BluesNews, Min price Filter for SteamDB

25. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 20:33 Creston

We thought only 14000 people would play, so we didn't bother to make content, because those 14000 people would not... need... any...

err...

LOOK WE HAVE A NEW PROJECT!

Anyone who gives these idiots any more money is just deserving to get ripped off.

24. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 20:00 Agent-Zero

jdreyer wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 19:43:
For starters: Murray and his team made an astonishingly low-ball prediction about how many players would boot the game on its first day. As in, less than 14,000.

So, your trailer in 2014 gets 6.5M views, but you think that only 14,000 people will be booting it up the first day??

dont believe the hype.. dont believe the lies

they are just fucking scumbag conmen, plain and simple... excuses abound, please forgive me, i have sinned, woe is me, take pity on poor little game dev

23. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 19:43 jdreyer

For starters: Murray and his team made an astonishingly low-ball prediction about how many players would boot the game on its first day. As in, less than 14,000.

So, your trailer in 2014 gets 6.5M views, but you think that only 14,000 people will be booting it up the first day??

22. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 19:39 jdreyer

Ars Technica reports that Hello Games revealed a couple of new projects

Project 1: Adding all of the originally promised and advertised features to No Man's Sky.

Project 2: Adding and modifying No Man's Sky gameplay mechanics so that it's actually fun, including an actual end game.

21. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 18:53 Reactor

I liked NMS, but... yeah, probably not the best time to be talking about future projects.  

20. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 18:33 Creston

Pre-order now!  

19. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 18:23 Tipsy McStagger

Sempai wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 13:00:
So..rather than finish No Man's Sky, they're starting development on two new projects?

Gotcha.. Dead

Of course they are!

No Man's Sky moneywell has dried up, devoting more money into an already ruined reputation is a dumb business move (From a cash flow stand point)

These guys know what gamers are: Stupid.

We got lots of idiots here pre-ordering games for the flashy stuff. I have lots of money to spend on video games but even I don't (not anymore) pre-order because it's RUINING GAMING. Games used to sink or swim from a demo.. now it's youtube hype and pre-order extras...

I wish all gaming sites would just band together and start putting giant banners at the top "STOP PREORDERING GAMES, YOU'RE HURTING EVERYONE".

There's little to no viable reasons to play a game on release other than the "OMG IVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG ON THIS HYPED OUT GAME"

EDIT: I'm also an idiot who fell for Chris Roberts 100$ buy in.. Still haven't touched star citizen but it's also 100$ for me to get a cab to and from the bar to drink with my friends so whatever.

18. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 14:19 Phasenoise

So who's going to preorder?!  

17. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 14:16 VaranDragon

"How to be a lying douchebag and still be extremely successful" Buy the new bestseller by Sean Murray today! With an introductory foreword written by Chris Roberts!  

16. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 13:00 Sempai

So..rather than finish No Man's Sky, they're starting development on two new projects?

Gotcha.. Dead

15. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 12:39 Agent-Zero

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:16:
I have a strong suspicion that before this game ships, Hello Games will quietly undergo a rebranding.

yeh no shit, how about Goodbye Bad Reputation, or Candy Theft from Babies

14. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 12:31 Cutter

The guy is obviously mentally ill. I for one honestly believe he's self-deluded and probably isn't even aware he's a pathological liar. Like the old saying goes, it's not a lie if you believe it. Yeah, the game suffered because of technical issue not that he lied his face off about what it was and what you could do in it. Yeah, that's the ticket alright.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

13. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 12:12 Pr()ZaC

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:57:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:19:
Sean Murray is a lying cunt who is lucky his company wasn't hit with a class action suit for false advertising. Anyone who trusts this guy probably also falls for those Nigerian Prince scams.

or buys ships for star citizen
Or anything that comes out of the mouth of Peter Douglas Molyneux.

12. Re: Hello Games New Project Plans Mar 3, 2017, 11:59 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 11:04:
HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 10:46:
Verno wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 10:12:
They made one of the largest disappointments in gaming history so I doubt I will be checking out their follow up. I don't feel like they've adequately delivered on the initial promises, let alone earned a reprieve on a sequel. Big meh.

Sean Murray lied his ass off about NMS too so whatever they say about this game, expect the opposite.

Think of this, many shit on EA games... well most still actively develop and fully focus on these offerings. I see if you put out a game in relatively the same shape but call it finished... you can just move on, fire and forget. So ponder that for a while, in a case like this EA has the advantage, still sole focus, at least for most.

Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?

It's past Thursday.

I'm happy with the EA games I do have, they are all developing and releasing updates fairly often. Better than... forget about and move on Sean. Edited original, yeah that was bad, I'm never that good, but that was bad.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo